• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Banned from Heaven

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
23 sep 2018 stvdv
Or is your god simply too lazy? Too incompetent? Perhaps he's too busy looking at himself in a mirror, and has become fascinated by that image*.

Thank you: Your reply implies God is Narcissist [arrogant]. This answers my question (in another thread) "Is the proverb `arrogant as God` correct". Google did not answer it.

Last edited:

stvdv

No, I am saying that God has chosen to create beings with a freewill and freedom means the possibility of good or wrong choices and the consequences. God does not and cannot just snuff out the "various satans,of the world" as you so casually imply He could, without snuffing out or eliminating the entire human race.
You state here that "satans live in the world, being the entire human race". Satan lives in Hell. So you state here that "Hell is on earth". Easier to comprehend then Hell after death.

It is only an All-powerful God who is capable of granting real freedom to His creatures, while also being able to accomplish a good outcome, in spite of any who abuse such freedom.
I like this statement. I also believe that an "All Loving God" does not judge whatever God-given religion you choose (or not). They are equally valid. Do you believe that?

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
You state here that "satans live in the world, being the entire human race". Satan lives in Hell. So you state here that "Hell is on earth". Easier to comprehend then Hell after death.

I think you may be misunderstanding what I was saying. I only said " satans live in the world" in a response to Bob the unbeliever because that is the expression he used. I don't consider the entire human race to be satan, nor that hell is on earth. Satan is a individual being who does influence those it the world, but my point was that if God is going to take out satan or anyone who displays the attitude of satan then pretty much everyone would have to be snuffed out because all have at one time or another have had the same sinful attitudes or behaviors, granted to various degrees.

I like this statement. I also believe that an "All Loving God" does not judge whatever God-given religion you choose. They are equally valid. Do you believe that?

I believe in a God who knows and judges hearts and motives fairly and justly. I don't believe any religion impresses or validates one before God. Relationship with God through the beloved Son, Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for the sins of the world is what I believe.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I don't see the word "until" in the account of the Prodigal son, but I look at it further if you let me know where you are seeing it. Thanks.
Well, look at it this way: how long did the father wait and watch? Some predetermined length of time?

stvdv

God does not and cannot just snuff out the "various satans,of the world" as you so casually imply He could, without snuffing out or eliminating the entire human race.

I think you may be misunderstanding what I was saying. I only said " satans live in the world" in a response to Bob the unbeliever because that is the expression he used.
I don't consider the entire human race to be satan, nor that hell is on earth. Satan is a individual being who does influence those it the world, but my point was that if God is going to take out satan or anyone who displays the attitude of satan then pretty much everyone would have to be snuffed out because all have at one time or another have had the same sinful attitudes or behaviors, granted to various degrees.
Thank you for explaining. I think I was not misunderstanding what you said; I think you said/implied something else then what you meant.

1: I don't believe any religion impresses or validates one before God.
2: Relationship with God through the beloved Son, Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for the sins of the world is what I believe
Thank you.
1: Amen to that
2: Relationship with God through Sai Baba, who came to this world this century, is the path that I believe and follow [I also believe Jesus is a good way to go and atheism also]

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
2: Relationship with God through Sai Baba, who came to this world this century, is the path that I believe and follow]
Sai Baba...I am familiar with him. I have researched him, his claims, and his practices over the years. How long have you been devoted to him? He was a sexual predator/abuser of young boys and his miracles were proven to be frauds. Maybe you did not know that.

stvdv

23 sep 2018 stvdv
Sai Baba...I am familiar with him. I have researched him, his claims, and his practices over the years. How long have you been devoted to him? He was a sexual predator/abuser of young boys and his miracles were proven to be frauds. Maybe you did not know that.

I won't go that far to say that I am familiar with Him. I am an engineer, so I only go for first hand experiences. I do not rely on internet stories. Especially knowing His Claims

So I did stay ca. 10 years in His house. I was young and I know for a fact that he did not abuse me, and nobody told me personally he was abused by Sai Baba

I have been in his interview room ca. 20 times, so I have seen close up materialization (some held in front of my eyes, like ca. 33 cm), so plenty of proof myself

I do know most of the man trashing Sai Baba on the internet personally, because I met them in the 10 years I was there. Knowing their background stories tells me enough

Last edited: