• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Banned from Debates/Discussions/Chat for being Pro-Gay

I'm not sure if many people know much about me, but here's a bit:
I became a christian in the year 2000 (when I was 18), it kind of happened that I "Fell" into it by co-incidence (or maybe Fate).
The other thing is: I'm gay (for as long as I can remember).
I'm now 23 years old and have gone through a lot, and can safely say that being Gay is not a choice and the Holy Spirit can fill a gay mans heart just as easily (if not -more) than a straight person's.
Christianity (for me) appears to "Not be a choice" now too (for reasons unknown to me), thus Christ has continued to be part of my life... and very happy that he is.

I enjoy sharing my experiences with other people on the internet (and even in person when I get the chance).

There is few websites (that should probably remain unknown), but they involved discussions and debates on christianity, homosexuality, marriage, rights, clergy, preaching, love, hate, world events/decisions (among other things).

It seems, Because of my view on "Helping Gay people" instead of "Condemning" or "Outcasting" them, some moderators/chat hosts etc... have decided to ban me from the websites, erase my posts or generally hound me with their anti-gay prejudices without even a "thought" that they might be wrong... (i'm kinda glad that this hasn't happened to me in person.... yet).

I'm not saying that I'm always 100% correct... or that my views aren't different to some other Christians. But I can't see the point of having a "Discussion" or "Debate" site when everybody that's aloud to reply has exactly the same views.

Any thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions? etc..?

Wondering if anyone else has experienced similar things (either on the net or in person), for reasons of being gay or otherwise. Explain how you felt or how you dealt with it, how it made you feel, what the issue was, things like that.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I'm not saying that I'm always 100% correct... or that my views aren't different to some other Christians. But I can't see the point of having a "Discussion" or "Debate" site when everybody that's aloud to reply has exactly the same views.
I don't understand that either. Makes no sense. I am glad you found your way here though. We all have differeing veiws and are all welcome to express them and it is extremely frowned upon here to reprimand someone for those different veiws. Glad you found us and you are most welcome to say anything you feel here.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
(if not -more)
Don't understand this.

I believe that you can be a homosexual christian. Just like you can be an adultering christian, or an angry christian.

On the websites, there a quite a few, where they strictly define Christianity. If you do not fit in with their views, don't call yourself christian on their forum, or get banned because they don't want to "sully" christianity.

Also, what do you mean by "helping" and not "condemning"?

Ori

Angel slayer
Good for you Rainbowchristian, that you can speak so openly despite the criticism, I hope you are happy.

CMIYC

I personally have absolutely anything against guys or any other sexual preference, providing it is between consenting adults. Tho, I will make a comment on two different types of homosexuals. Ones that are homosexuals and they do not advertise their sexuality and then there are flamboyant ones that fly the gay flag. With these I have a strong objection, as they are selfish and don’t respect anybody else.

Now on the religious issues of homosexuality.

The Idea of same sex relationships have been rejected in the OT and the NT. Although some Christians claim, Jesus has thrown out all the old laws form the OT and replaced them with only one. “LOVE”. I have to dispute that. There are some churches that have abandoned the truth and replaced it with new ideas.

First of all, Matthew 5:17 NAB) "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place."

(Luke 16:17 NAB) It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid."

This basically means, the way it was in the beginning is the way it is now.

To think that god, that would have taken offence for poor eyesight would allow homosexuals into heaven which are less perfect, in my mind is absurd.

(Leviticus 21:16-23 NLT) Then the LORD said to Moses, "Tell Aaron that in all future generations, his descendants who have physical defects will not qualify to offer food to their God. No one who has a defect may come near to me, whether he is blind or lame, stunted or deformed, or has a broken foot or hand, or has a humped back or is a dwarf, or has a defective eye, or has oozing sores or scabs on his skin, or has damaged testicles. Even though he is a descendant of Aaron, his physical defects disqualify him from presenting offerings to the LORD by fire. Since he has a blemish, he may not offer food to his God. However, he may eat from the food offered to God, including the holy offerings and the most holy offerings. Yet because of his physical defect, he must never go behind the inner curtain or come near the altar, for this would desecrate my holy places. I am the LORD who makes them holy."

Romans 1:24 (King James Version)

24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

NLT explains it better.

In (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)
So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies. Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever. Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving. They are fully aware of God's death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway. And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.

Anyway this is only my opinion.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
rainbowchristianqld said:
...I enjoy sharing my experiences with other people on the internet (and even in person when I get the chance)....I'm not saying that I'm always 100% correct... or that my views aren't different to some other Christians. But I can't see the point of having a "Discussion" or "Debate" site when everybody that's aloud to reply has exactly the same views...
I don't see the point either, and I find it exceptionally disturbing that they would delete an opinion with which they didn't agree.:confused: My obvious suggestion, don't go back to those sites.:p

My wife & I are friends with a woman she met at a previous job and her husband who would not visit our church for a special music celebration because we welcome GLBT people.:( We visited their church, and I felt very uncomfortable with their preacher's words of 'anger' toward homosexuals. I kept wondering 'Would Jesus treat people this way?'....I'd bet not. We don't see them very often, and since we aren't going to agree on the subject, we don't discuss it with them. It relates to the whole 'choosing your battles' concept.

This past week, our former youth director, now a youth minister, brought his group to visit our city and church. Both our chuches have choir directors who are gay, but their's hasn't spoken about it publicly, so they wanted to have an open discussion and learn more. One interesting thing that came out of the discussion is how different our first exposure to gay people was. I'm 35, and a couple of others around my age commented that until we were in college, all we about gay people knew was Jack Tripper on 3's Company and local news coverage of the 'Gay Pride Parade'. Most of the youths had a friend or relative who was openly gay.

Many people fear what they do not understand, but I've met very few people who were so callous that they would recite the angry anti-gay rhetoric in a face-to-face meeting with someone. I realize that some people are not going to change their minds, but I think and hope there are a lot of people who might re-examine their beliefs and review Jesus' teachings if they got to know someone who turned out to be gay.

Melody

It seems, Because of my view on "Helping Gay people" instead of "Condemning" or "Outcasting" them, some moderators/chat hosts etc... have decided to ban me from the websites, erase my posts or generally hound me with their anti-gay prejudices without even a "thought" that they might be wrong... (i'm kinda glad that this hasn't happened to me in person.... yet).
Yes that's been my experience on the christian sites but if you read their "bylaws" they outright tell you that nothing will be permitted that contradicts Scripture...and they get to interpret scripture.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
reading the other replies, I am glad I stumbled on this site first time when I was looking for somewhere just like this. I think I am safe in saying that 90% of the forum are non-judgemental (I did not say 100% because there might be the odd one or two - but I don't even know that), and understanding.

I would be interested to hear what you mean by "Helping Gay people" - I don't think I have seen any "Condemning" or "Outcasting" here - and as far as I know, certainly no one has been banned for being Gay.

I suppose I can understand when you say .............."Christianity (for me) appears to "Not be a choice" now too (for reasons unknown to me), thus Christ has continued to be part of my life... and very happy that he is."................., and I wondered what you do consider yourself to be now - do you still think of yourself as Christian?:)

Fluffy

A fool
Heya Rainbow,

I disagree with censorship of almost any kind, including that which you have encountered. However, it is the right of the owners of the board to use it as they wish to. If they feel that they are compelled to antagonise gay people through their forum then so be it.

Having said that, I agree with you that it is very weird that they have a debates section whilst imposing such limits. How can you have a debate if you simply censure everything that opposes your point of view?

CMIYC

I must admit my understand of the bible falls short compared to some of you here and probably same for my heart. Nevertheless, I do have some understanding of both.

I’m not saying this is true of all people but working under the summery of own experience with truth. I think it is better to be truthful and hurting then to be tolerant and deceitful. If we are going under the assumption that there is a god and there was Jesus. Then it disturbs me, that anyone would put words in their mouth by saying what would GOD do, WHAT would Jesus do? Logically they would do what are riches, according to the laws emplaced from the beginning of creation. Gods will those not evolve, the wisdom was there an eternity before we came along.

huajiro

I believe the same discrimination happens to everyone and not just homosexuals. I am a Spanish-speaking caucasian, who doesn't eat meat, accepts homosexuals (and everyone else for that matter), doesn't have a specific religion, and accepts all. Can you even fathom the extent of my suffering in life?

Humans are animals. We need to be in herds ....er, groups.......if someone doesn't fit into any category perfectly, they are rejected. I was born without hatred, without prejudice. This makes me believe in a "God".....but keeps me from rejecting any religion, or individual. Unfortunately, it opens me to being judged by many, and being told I am burning in about every "Hell" that could exist.

In a nutshell, I understand your situation, I feel your pain. You can feel comfortable in knowing that there is at least one person on this planet that will never judge you for anything.

:)

Sabio

I'm not sure if many people know much about me, but here's a bit:
I became a christian in the year 2000 (when I was 18), it kind of happened that I "Fell" into it by co-incidence (or maybe Fate).
The other thing is: I'm gay (for as long as I can remember).
I'm now 23 years old and have gone through a lot, and can safely say that being Gay is not a choice and the Holy Spirit can fill a gay mans heart just as easily (if not -more) than a straight person's.
Christianity (for me) appears to "Not be a choice" now too (for reasons unknown to me), thus Christ has continued to be part of my life... and very happy that he is.

I enjoy sharing my experiences with other people on the internet (and even in person when I get the chance).

There is few websites (that should probably remain unknown), but they involved discussions and debates on christianity, homosexuality, marriage, rights, clergy, preaching, love, hate, world events/decisions (among other things).

Any thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions? etc..?

Wondering if anyone else has experienced similar things (either on the net or in person), for reasons of being gay or otherwise. Explain how you felt or how you dealt with it, how it made you feel, what the issue was, things like that.
I look forward to having some interesting discussions with you on! You state that you are a Christian and recognize the infilling of the Holy Spirit, so be patient and open to God's leading, He will make many changes in your life as you grow in your relationship with Him, but He will not change you against your own free will. God will change you (and me) as He sees fit, remember He is the potter and we are the clay...

Sabio

Todd

Rajun Cajun
Feel comforted, that you will not be banned here for this reason. While you might have some differences of opinion in this forum with other members (trust me, everyone has differences of opinions on this forum), you will still be respected and treated as equals. Welcome to the forum.

Todd

michel said:
I suppose I can understand when you say .............."Christianity (for me) appears to "Not be a choice" now too (for reasons unknown to me), thus Christ has continued to be part of my life... and very happy that he is."................., and I wondered what you do consider yourself to be now - do you still think of yourself as Christian?:)
the last of that is kind of multilayered isn't it...

I guess the answer is, I don't "Think" i'm a Christian... I just "Am" a Christian. The same way that I don't "Think" i'm gay, I just am.

I am Gay, and I am Christian. The life of my Christianity is imbedded, just like my sexuality.

melody said:
nothing will be permitted that contradicts Scripture...and they get to interpret scripture.
Yes, indeed... I have even provided more scriptures for condoning than they have for condemning, yet they don't want to wake up.

CaptainXeroid said:
It relates to the whole 'choosing your battles' concept.
I agree.

CaptainXeroid said:
This past week, our former youth director, now a youth minister, brought his group to visit our city and church. Both our chuches have choir directors who are gay, but their's hasn't spoken about it publicly, so they wanted to have an open discussion and learn more.
God Bless your Church, would love to find out more about it.

CaptainXeroid said:
I'm 35, and a couple of others around my age commented that until we were in college, all we about gay people knew was Jack Tripper on 3's Company and local news coverage of the 'Gay Pride Parade'. Most of the youths had a friend or relative who was openly gay.
Before I was 18, all I ever saw of gay people was the "Sydney Mardi Gras" on TV, and even then - it was very very small snipits of it because Mum or Dad never wanted to watch it. Quite odd being a Gay teenager (the only gay in the villiage) and trying to relate your self to "Those People". No regrets though.

Mister Emu said:
Just like you can be an adultering christian, or an angry christian
Yeah, Let's compare a Christian (that all they've done is - not be able to "choose" who they fall in love with) to all sorts of hard hearted, lustful, hurtful and mean people. (sorry bout the sarcasm there).

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
it was very very small snipits of it because Mum or Dad never wanted to watch it. Quite odd being a Gay teenager (the only gay in the villiage)
I doubt that...were you out of the closet then? I imagine there was one or two others still hunkered in the back.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
rainbowchristianqld,
......"I am Gay, and I am Christian. "..................

The above is what I was looking for you to say - that states your 'Case' with complete clarity.

As Far as my Christianity is concerned, I can only quote:-

Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

I have nothing to forgive you for, because you have never done anything to me that needs to be forgiven; I think the two first phrases state my stance.

I can only echo Huajiro's sentiments, in which he said:-
............"In a nutshell, I understand your situation, I feel your pain. You can feel comfortable in knowing that there is at least one person on this planet that will never judge you for anything."...............

Well, for what it counts, there are at least two........:)

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
CMIYC said:
I To think that god, that would have taken offence for poor eyesight would allow homosexuals into heaven which are less perfect, in my mind is absurd.
Hmmmm.... I'm not gay. But I'm faaaarrrrrrr from perfect. In fact, I'm probably less perfect than most homosexuals I've met. Yet somehow, I'm still assured I'm going to heaven..... How cool is that!?!?!?! :p

CMIYC

Snowbear

I appreciate your reply and yes, I am less then perfect as well, probably more less then the rest of you here. Not only do I lack the compassion and understanding of my fellow man or woman but I also wear glasses. So there you go! I’m not bitter that this imperfection will result in my eternal death.. The law has been set long before my birth and that law is” never changing”. There are different types of laws we have to deal with every day; the human law, your desired church law, and god’s law. Apart from god’s law, all other laws can be manipulated to comfort our needs. I could have answered in a compassionate way, but that would result in deceiving and hiding the truth of one god, as it is written in the bible.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, Let's compare a Christian (that all they've done is - not be able to "choose" who they fall in love with) to all sorts of hard hearted, lustful, hurtful and mean people. (sorry bout the sarcasm there).
There is no comparison, all sin is equal.