• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bangladesh director charged after film depiction of police angers force

danieldemol

Premium Member

A Bangladeshi film director has been arrested and charged after a scene depicting police harshly interrogating a rape victim and highlighting attitudes towards violence against women in the conservative nation sparked the ire of the force.

The first half of "Nabab LLB", a fictional courtroom drama about rape and the treatment of victims starring megastar Shakib Khan, was released on a local streaming service in mid-December.

The scene from the movie directed by Anonno Mamun went viral on social media last week, with criticism directed at police over their handling of the case.'

Read more here: Bangladesh director charged after film depiction of police angers force - France 24

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

A Bangladeshi film director has been arrested and charged after a scene depicting police harshly interrogating a rape victim and highlighting attitudes towards violence against women in the conservative nation sparked the ire of the force.
Good example, IMO, of the importance of Freedom of Speech. To control and restrict expressing one's opinion is not a good thing. That is why I also am against restricting Corona opinions of people. YouTube and google delete many opinions. This is a dangerous trend leading to above situations.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Good example, IMO, of the importance of Freedom of Speech. To control and restrict expressing one's opinion is not a good thing. That is why I also am against restricting Corona opinions of people. YouTube and google delete many opinions. This is a dangerous trend leading to above situations.
Its why many tyrants employ the first step of controlling opinions and views that do not match their own.

Sadly this practice of censorship has gained a lot of traction in past years and dosent appear to be stopping any time soon.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Its why many tyrants employ the first step of controlling opinions and views that do not match their own.

Sadly this practice of censorship has gained a lot of traction in past years and dosent appear to be stopping any time soon.
I have the feeling this is just starting and is planned even, under the slogan "the new normal"

And that being the case (being planned), I am not sure if the new president will do any better (reverse this), he probably makes this worse

I hope I am pessimistic here, and not realistic. Next year we will know more. IF the implementation goes on at the same speed