• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bahaullah has revealed!

InvestigateTruth

I believe just about everything. This morning I was meditating on the fact that Jesus made a new covenant. However the old covenant was made by God, so how can Jesus make a new one unless He is God?
The Jews do not agree with His new covenant. They say, Jesus cannot be the true Messiah, because He did not fulfill the Prophecies. Bahaullah also made a new covenant, so, how can we say He is not return of Christ?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
It seems to me that Mirza Ghulam Ahmad's claims to be the next Messiah are just as valid, if not moreso than Baha'u'llah's claims, yet we don't see Paarsurrey quoting excessively or constantly proclaiming his greatness. Makes one wonder why.
Mirza Ghulam Ahmad's all claims are within Islam/Quran/Muhammad, he started no new Religion while Bahaullah's claims are outside of Islam/Quran/Muhammad, he started a new Religion, as his followers claim about it, yet he provided no name for it.
But we are discussing here that Bahaullah did not in a clear-cut manner claim in Iqan that Iqan was a Word of Revelation from G-d, he just wrote it as any human being would write and yet not claim that its contents have been revealed from G-d. Iqan is a brain-child of Bahaullah, not from G-d. Right, please?

Regards

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Mirza Ghulam Ahmad's all claims are within Islam/Quran/Muhammad, he started no new Religion while Bahaullah's claims are outside of Islam/Quran/Muhammad, he started a new Religion, as his followers claim about it, yet he provided no name for it.
But we are discussing here that Bahaullah did not in a clear-cut manner claim in Iqan that Iqan was a Word of Revelation from G-d, he just wrote it as any human being would write and yet not claim that its contents have been revealed from G-d. Iqan is a brain-child of Bahaullah, not from G-d. Right, please?

Regards

Your choice paarsurry.

Many muslim divines also made a choice to accept the Bab and Baha'u'llah with their lives. Personally I agree with them and long to be in the company of such devoted and pure souls.

Regards Tony

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Regards

Paarsurrey, my point was how you're really humble about it, and rarely mention it, whereas with Baha'i it's mentioned at nearly every post. I thank you for that.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Your choice paarsurrey.

Many muslim divines also made a choice to accept the Bab and Baha'u'llah with their lives. Personally I agree with them and long to be in the company of such devoted and pure souls.

Regards Tony
Well that is everybody's birth-right, whether a divine or not a divine, with reason or without reason. The pertinent question here is whether Kitab-i-Iqan was revealed in the sense Quran was revealed to Muhammad?

Muhammad kept Word of Revelation from G-d (Quran) separate from his own conversation with his companions and instructions to them .

Muhammad forbade Muslims to write anything from him , other than Quran, as long as Quran was being revealed so that it is not mixed up. It was for this that Hadith was written 250/300 years after him.

It is not of much significance that Iqan was written/dictated by Bahaullah in a night , or in a day and a night, or within two days or so. The substance or its contents is/are important which Bahaullah did not in an unequivocal manner claim ,in Iqan, was revealed on him from G-d.

In the sense Quran was revealed on Muhammad; Iqan was not, emphatically not, revealed on Baha'ullah from G-d. Quran is authored by G-d but Iqan is not authored by G-d.
The contents of Iqan also suggest that Bahaullah simply employed the " all's fair in love and sales" technique and the contents are not meaningful enough otherwise.

Regards

*#1 siti

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Muhammad forbade Muslims to write anything from him , other than Quran, as long as Quran was being revealed so that it is not mixed up. It was for this that Hadith was written 250/300 years after him.

I see a literal interpretation has been taken.

I would assume this is your source,

The soundness of the hadeeth “Do not write anything from me…” and explanation of what it means - Islam Question & Answer

We need the full Hadith;

"Praise be to Allaah.

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not write anything from me; whoever has written anything from me other than the Qur’aan, let him erase it and narrate from me, for there is nothing wrong with that.” (Narrated by Muslim, al-Zuhd wa’l-Raqaa’iq, 5326)

One would have to quote the Quran verses that support this Hadith, otherwise it is accused exactly as it is accusing.

But I see a wisdom in it that is also in the Bible and thus we can show why your argument is not valid.

Deuteronomy 4:2"You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you."

The Bible has a few other verses that say much the same.

Thus I see the Hadith is saying the same thing. It is saying not to add meaning to the book that is not there. The Hadith supports discussing the Word of God.

A good example in Biblical terms is discussing the writings about the Station of Christ and God, but not making a doctrine called the Trinity. A doctrine that was made to stop any other ideas. Thus to me the Haddith says erase the Trinity, just as Muhammad did in the Quran.

The Kitab-i-iqan was written by a Messenger from God. Thus as I said, it is your choice.

To me there is no doubt about that Book, it is the word of Allah.

Regards Tony

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I see a literal interpretation has been taken.

I would assume this is your source,

The soundness of the hadeeth “Do not write anything from me…” and explanation of what it means - Islam Question & Answer

We need the full Hadith;

"Praise be to Allaah.

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not write anything from me; whoever has written anything from me other than the Qur’aan, let him erase it and narrate from me, for there is nothing wrong with that.” (Narrated by Muslim, al-Zuhd wa’l-Raqaa’iq, 5326)

One would have to quote the Quran verses that support this Hadith, otherwise it is accused exactly as it is accusing.

But I see a wisdom in it that is also in the Bible and thus we can show why your argument is not valid.

Deuteronomy 4:2"You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you."

The Bible has a few other verses that say much the same.

Thus I see the Hadith is saying the same thing. It is saying not to add meaning to the book that is not there. The Hadith supports discussing the Word of God.

A good example in Biblical terms is discussing the writings about the Station of Christ and God, but not making a doctrine called the Trinity. A doctrine that was made to stop any other ideas. Thus to me the Haddith says erase the Trinity, just as Muhammad did in the Quran.

The Kitab-i-iqan was written by a Messenger from God. Thus as I said, it is your choice.

To me there is no doubt about that Book, it is the word of Allah.

Regards Tony

Whatever the Hadith/Tradition/Saying etc, it should be understood within the purview of Quran- Word of G-d. And if the Hadith/Tradition/Saying etc is against the verses of Quran, it is either to be rejected forthwith or else interpreted within the scope of Quran.
Quran in itself is complete and needs nothing from elsewhere NT-Bible or OT-Bible or Torah or any other religious scripture or non-religious ones. Quran is valid till the end of the world when everything in the Universe will come to an end:

AYAH ar-Rahman 55:26
Arabic
ir
كُلُّ مَنْ عَلَيْهَا فَانٍ
Transliteration
ir
Kullu man AAalayha fanin
Transliteration-2 kullu man ʿalayhā fānin
Literal
(Word by Word) Everyone who (is) on it (will) perish.

AYAH ar-Rahman 55:27
Arabic
ir
وَيَبْقَىٰ وَجْهُ رَبِّكَ ذُو الْجَلَالِ وَالْإِكْرَامِ
Transliteration
ir
Wayabqa wajhu rabbika thoo aljalali waal-ikrami
Transliteration-2 wayabqā wajhu rabbika dhū l-jalāli wal-ik'rāmi
Literal
(Word by Word) But will remain (the) Face (of) your Lord, (the) Owner (of) Majesty and Honor.
ar-Rahman 55:27

Regards

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Quran is valid till the end of the world when everything in the Universe will come to an end:

That end came with the declaration of the Bab. Also In Mecca the Bab announced to the crowd circulating around the most holy site, I am, I am, I am the promised one. Have you read.of that story and the subsequent interrogation?

That caused the destruction of the old heven and earth and the making of a new heaven and a new earth.

The result of people clinging to the old heavens and the old earth is now manifest as clear as the noon day sun.

Regards Tony