• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha'is and Zoroaster

arthra

Baha'i
Do the Baha'is believe in the Zoroastrian book the Avestas?

Welcome Quakerguy to the Baha'i Forum...

Baha'is accept Zoroaster as a Manifestation of God and many Zoroastrians in Iran accepted Baha'u'llah as the fulfillment of Zoroastrian prophecies such as the expected Shah Bahram..

You may be interested in the following address by Abdul-Baha when He travelled to America in 1912:

In the divine Holy Books there are unmistakable prophecies giving the glad tidings of a certain Day in which the Promised One of all the Books would appear, a radiant dispensation be established, the banner of the Most Great Peace and conciliation be hoisted and the oneness of the world of humanity proclaimed. Among the various nations and peoples of the world no enmity or hatred should remain. All hearts were to be connected one with another.

These things are recorded in the Torah, or Old Testament, in the Gospel, the Qur'án, the Zend-Avesta, the books of Buddha and the book of Confucius.

In brief, all the Holy Books contain these glad tidings. They announce that after the world is surrounded by darkness, radiance shall appear. For just as the night, when it becomes excessively dark, precedes the dawn of a new day, so likewise when the darkness of religious apathy and heedlessness overtakes the world, when human souls become negligent of God, when materialistic ideas overshadow spirituality, when nations become submerged in the world of matter and forget God -- at such a time as this shall the divine Sun shine forth and the radiant morn appear.

~ Abdu'l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 220

Quakerguy

That is really cool. I didn't know that Abdul-Baha thought that Confucius's book was holy. How do the Baha'is view Confucius?

arthra

Baha'i
That is really cool. I didn't know that Abdul-Baha thought that Confucius's book was holy. How do the Baha'is view Confucius?

Confucius was not a Prophet. It is quite correct to say he is the founder of a moral system and a great reformer.

~ Shoghi Effendi, Letters from the Guardian to Australia and New Zealand, p. 41