• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha'i Vs Christ

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I'm not sure that James, the brother of Jesus, would have done a better job at preserving the original teachings than the Christians did. We simply have no scriptures that could have shown that.
So this parallel is based on too little.
But I am sure that the Bahai interpretation of the Christian gospel story has very little to do with the original teachings. It was made especially to support the Bahai religious viewpoint.
Similar things were done by movements like the Jehova Witnesses and Mormons. Thinking they were getting closer to Christian origins, they just got yet further away from it.
Was the purpose to get "closer" or to explain the mysteries of Jesus in a way that eliminates them from the equation? But, as always, in a nice way. Instead of saying that Christians are nuts and Jesus is a myth... they say that Christians misinterpreted the true "spiritual" meaning of the NT. Jesus does live, in spirit. And their guy, Baha'u'llah, is the return of the spirit. And all writings and prophecies in the NT that appear to say otherwise have to be seen with "spiritual" eyes. In other words, don't believe what the NT says, believe what we, the Baha'is, say it means.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
We see the Messengers of each Religion all part of the same Holy Spirit, in that sense they are One in Spirit.

Each have a specific Message given at a specific time and in that aspect they appear to differ. We are told to make no difference between their Persons or their Messages, as all come from the One God.

You do know we have discussed this in much greater detail before and you still post back aspects that are not correct. This is where one must study for their own selves.

Regards Tony
Why do you keep ignoring what I'm asking? Religions as practiced and believed today... they are all different and contradictory. The only thing Baha'is do is reinterpret those differences in a way that gets rid of them. Like the resurrection... Baha'is have an interpretation that makes any Christian that believes Jesus came back to life physically, wrong. Like reincarnation... Baha'is say that it doesn't happen as believed by most Hindus. Baha'is make all religions one by getting rid of any belief that contradicts what Baha'is believe. That's not believing all religions are one. That is changing all religions to become as if they are one.

What you're really saying is that all religions, as practiced today, are wrong. What we, the Baha'is teach is right. But, to make you feel better, originally your religion and all others spoke the truth, but corrupt leaders messed up the true teachings, so now your religion has things in it that aren't true. Fortunately, God told Baha'u'llah the new truth for today which corrects all those errors your religion and other religions have let creep in.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why do you keep ignoring what I'm asking? Religions as practiced and believed today... they are all different and contradictory. The only thing Baha'is do is reinterpret those differences in a way that gets rid of them. Like the resurrection... Baha'is have an interpretation that makes any Christian that believes Jesus came back to life physically, wrong. Like reincarnation... Baha'is say that it doesn't happen as believed by most Hindus. Baha'is make all religions one by getting rid of any belief that contradicts what Baha'is believe. That's not believing all religions are one. That is changing all religions to become as if they are one.

What you're really saying is that all religions, as practiced today, are wrong. What we, the Baha'is teach is right. But, to make you feel better, originally your religion and all others spoke the truth, but corrupt leaders messed up the true teachings, so now your religion has things in it that aren't true. Fortunately, God told Baha'u'llah the new truth for today which corrects all those errors your religion and other religions have let creep in.

The good thing is you get to check the sources of all claims and messages and make all those decisions for you own self.

It is good to consider that many mistakes were and are still being made by those that think they were doing the greater good, all backed by their scriptures. So it is applicable. Why else has Christianity now divided into so many branches? It can not be because all agreed.

Regards Tony

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
If a Baha'i is supplying answers in this OP, from all sources including the Bible, would that not confirm the answer of the OP?
As someone who has studied quite a few religions, Baha'ullah is forcing a fit; the list at the start was partially written from multiple perspectives, that don't actually fit with global prophecy, they sound nice, yet they're badly exegeted (Zand).

In my opinion. :innocent:

InvestigateTruth

So the disciples spread the story that they had seen and spoken with the resurrected Jesus. But, they knew he was really dead.

Yes.

That's not God testing anybody. That's the disciples making up a story and spreading a lie.

Disciples were following the will of God. God wished the story of Jesus be written symbolically. Disciples were inspired to write it symbolically.

And, I guess God is in on the deception, because he allowed and inspired people to write a historical narrative that tells of Jesus coming back to life... but all the time, he too, knew Jesus was dead.

Yes. God test us, and if we do not think, we get misguided. God wants us to think logically. Does it make sense Jesus comes back to life literally? If you reply no, then you know God spoke symbolically. Who says God cannot speak symbolically?

Well then, I hope God is happy with his "test". Through the centuries he has sure fooled a lot of Christians. But, one question, how do you know that the true meaning, or Baha'i meaning, of the resurrection of Jesus was to remain "sealed" and "hidden"? And please don't use Daniel as your proof. One verse from Daniel does not mean everything in the rest of the Bible and the NT is sealed also.
Not only daniel. Also isaiah, and revelation of john. And the Quran also 7:50 -55. And all the Books of God makes a reference to the year 1844, AD, and 1260 AH, as the time of End. The Bahai faith began in 1844, or 1260AH, and then the secret of the Book was revealed and the seals opened.