• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha'i Vs Christ

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Baha’u’llah said that anyone who claimed to be a Manifestation of God within the next thousand years is a lying imposte so I won’t worry about such a claim.
It has moved forward to 100 years, as mankind is desecrating the planet at an accelerated rate; so we have less than 100 years left before human extinction, and thus the End War is Soon.
We see the Messengers of each Religion all part of the same Holy Spirit, in that sense they are One in Spirit.
Considering you're rejecting me, that isn't true.

In my opinion. :innocent:

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
It has moved forward to 100 years, as mankind is desecrating the planet at an accelerated rate; so we have less than 100 years left before human extinction, and thus the End War is Soon.

Yes you have a point but I don’t think God will allow us to entirely annhilate the human race. There will be some remaking to rebuild a new world but I don’t doubt that we could face another world crises as we never seem to learn from past mistakes.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Baha’u’llah said that anyone who claimed to be a Manifestation of God within the next thousand years is a lying imposte so I won’t worry about such a claim.

I won’t be upset or angry or have any sentiments like that. These things are expected to occur so we won’t be upset or displeased.

As did many others. Each adherent or follower of each believe the same about their guy, and want to prove it, or state it as fact.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
You may state that as a fact but the words I read prove otherwise, you have a superficial way of looking at non-Bahai faiths. You are not the only Abrahamic faith lacking the ability to understand non-Abrahamic paths on a deeper level, but that makes it no less tragic. If any Bahai would attempt to change that flaw, I'm afraid they would be ousted from the faith.

It’s understandable that you find it impossible to comprehend but it’s true.

wizanda

Premium Member
Yes you have a point but I don’t think God will allow us to entirely annhilate the human race.
God isn't going to according to the text; yet most have failed in following what the Messiah taught, so only those who get it will be here after according to the scriptures.

As the list in the OP shows, Baha'i are currently Anti-Christ's teachings.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
God isn't going to according to the text; yet most have failed in following what the Messiah taught, so only those who get it will be here after according to the scriptures.

As the list in the OP shows, Baha'i are currently Anti-Christ's teachings.

That’s your opinion as you state. Which list are you referring to?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I take that as a flat refusal to accept that great spiritual personalities may differ in their status.

Then you took the reply very wrong. Would you like me to cover all the points in your post? Baha'u'llah has covered all the points you have raised.

I will be away for a couple of days.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Your own words quoted above prove that you are not in any way giving a message from God.

Humanity has a great future ahead, but a few more hard lessons to learn.

I wish you well in these times. Regards Tony

wizanda

Premium Member
Your own words quoted above prove that you are not in any way giving a message from God.
Since most Baha'i have not examined Biblical text well enough (exegesis), to understand why they're flawed on the OP points; then you've literally got no way of distinguishing that, until dealing with facts in the case.

ManSinha

Any that record the Word as given by a Messenger, Prophet, or Disciple/Sear/Guru that record an accurate tradition of that given Word.

The list is large.

Regards Tony

With all due respect, Sir (presuming you are a Sir) - that is not the answer to my question
Even if said list is large - quotation of a few examples would be sufficient to enlighten an outsider like me

As you and others have discussed - the Bible has been written, revised and translated many many times over
The Qu'ran was written after the Prophet Muhammed's death

In fact the only other Holy Scripture (that I know of) that has been dictated by the Master (Other than the Kitab-e-Aqdas) is the Sri Guru Granth of Sikh Religion (which has ideas similar to what you and Adrian have spoken of - with one startling fact) - it was written about 200 years prior to the mid - 1800's - with the original copy preserved and authenticated to this day!!. And is has no reference to Ba'ha'ullah.

So while there may be some reference - there is certainly not an all pervading presence - and there is nothing in the ginormous texts of the Upanishads, the Puranas or the Vedas as much as I am aware of - if you know of any thing contrary please enlighten

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
With all due respect, Sir (presuming you are a Sir) - that is not the answer to my question
Even if said list is large - quotation of a few examples would be sufficient to enlighten an outsider like me

As you and others have discussed - the Bible has been written, revised and translated many many times over
The Qu'ran was written after the Prophet Muhammed's death

In fact the only other Holy Scripture (that I know of) that has been dictated by the Master (Other than the Kitab-e-Aqdas) is the Sri Guru Granth of Sikh Religion (which has ideas similar to what you and Adrian have spoken of - with one startling fact) - it was written about 200 years prior to the mid - 1800's - with the original copy preserved and authenticated to this day!!. And is has no reference to Ba'ha'ullah.

So while there may be some reference - there is certainly not an all pervading presence - and there is nothing in the ginormous texts of the Upanishads, the Puranas or the Vedas as much as I am aware of - if you know of any thing contrary please enlighten

I would to research, but I do know we would find many references to the Message of Bahau'llah. I apologize I am away for a couple of days and on my phone.

This is a list of Sikh Prophecy; - https://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/393-sikh-prophecy/

I will have to undertake research Sri Guru Granth writings, but you could post some prophecies and I could repond.

In the Above list I see many that could immediatly show a reference to other scriptures and most importantly to the Message of Baha'u'llah, this one is great;

"The Guru?s Army shall sit at the throne of Delhi."

Bahau'llah has referenced His army as those that conqure with the sword of the mouth only. One of the most visited places in Delhi is the Baha'i House of Worship, the Lotus Temple, where all Faiths are welcome and do go.

Would you like to explore more of that linked list? I can assure you its an exciting eye opening exploration.

Regards Tony

Last edited:

ManSinha

I would to research, but I do know we would.find many references to the Message of Bahau'llah. I apologize I am away for a couple of days and on my phone.

This is a list of Sikh Prophecy; - https://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/393-sikh-prophecy/

I will have to research Sri Guru Granth writings,but you could post some prophecies and I could repond.

In the Above list I see many that could immediatly show a reference to other scriptures and most importantly to the Message of Baha'u'llah, this one is great;

"The Guru?s Army shall sit at the throne of Delhi."

Bahau'llah has referenced His army as those that conqure with the sword of the mouth only. One of the most visited places in Delhi is the Baha'i House of Worship, the Lotus Temple, where all Faiths are welcome and do go.

Would you like to explore more of that linked list? I can assure you its an exciting eye opening exploration.

Regards Tony

Thank you for doing the research to find that - that is an "after the fact" list of things attributed to the Masters - no basis in truth -
The link to the SGGS is here
The "official" word is that Sikh Masters did not care to prophesize since that would in some way mean knowing what the Almighty intended -
There are some that will write that the 10th Master issued a prophecy or two - well He may have - but the SGGS - the official holy scripture - ends with the Word given by the 9th Master - ironically (or not) it was the 10th Master Himself - that set His seal upon that -

You know I love the fact that we are speaking - but would you I create a separate thread?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

That list is great :)

Many would require research, some I see are unfolding and some areno doubt but the Message of Baha'u'llah.

A couple with quick explanation;

"All humanity shall unite and he will distribute provinces."

Baha'u'llah has said all Nations must set the boundaries as part of the Lesser Peace.

"The Lord shall manifest himself in body (as man)."

This is also a Biblical promise and all references to this are to the Message of Baha'u'llah.

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
The story of Resurrection of Jesus, was expressed by the disciples symbolically. They did not reveal the secret. It was supposed to remain sealed and hidden until return of Christ. God does not owe to anyone to say everything plainly, but He tests mankind by these stories.
So the disciples spread the story that they had seen and spoken with the resurrected Jesus. But, they knew he was really dead. That's not God testing anybody. That's the disciples making up a story and spreading a lie. And, I guess God is in on the deception, because he allowed and inspired people to write a historical narrative that tells of Jesus coming back to life... but all the time, he too, knew Jesus was dead. Well then, I hope God is happy with his "test". Through the centuries he has sure fooled a lot of Christians. But, one question, how do you know that the true meaning, or Baha'i meaning, of the resurrection of Jesus was to remain "sealed" and "hidden"? And please don't use Daniel as your proof. One verse from Daniel does not mean everything in the rest of the Bible and the NT is sealed also.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
This is a good example of changing or twisting a mythical story in such a way that it fits better with your own (Bahai) theology. By adding things you change the interpretation of a text. This was also done by Christians when they extended their gospel stories by adjusting older versions.
In this sense Bahai is still moving within the same mythically inspired paradigm.
Now that makes sense, Christians come up with a story that makes Jesus into a resurrected God/man... and Baha'is untwist it, and then retwist it to make up their own version of the truth. But, it was all a myth from the beginning?