• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha'i New Year (Naw-Ruz) begins March 20th (Friday):

arthra

Baha'i
This year the Baha'i New Year occurs on March 20th which is Friday. Baha'i days begin and end at sunset. This year for Baha'is is 177 of the Baha'i Era. I'm attaching a fifty year calendar that shows the Gregorian equivalent of the Baha'i Holy Days:

50-year-Holy-Day-Calendar.pdf

Naw-Ruz is a happy time and the end of our Fast. We usually have picnics and dinners to celebrate.

A prayer for Naw-Ruz:

"Praised be Thou, O my God, that Thou hast ordained Naw-Rúz as a festival unto those who have observed the Fast for love of Thee and abstained from all that is abhorrent unto thee. Grant, O my Lord, that the fire of Thy love and the heat produced by the Fast enjoined by Thee may inflame them in Thy Cause, and make them to be occupied with Thy praise and with remembrance of Thee.

"Since thou hast adorned them, O my Lord, with the ornament of the Fast prescribed by Thee, do Thou adorn them also with the ornament of Thine acceptance, through Thy grace and bountiful favor. For the doings of men are all dependent upon Thy good-pleasure, and are conditioned by Thy behest. Shouldst Thou regard him who hath broken the Fast as one who hath observed it, such a man would be reckoned among them who from eternity had been keeping the Fast. And shouldst Thou decree that he who hath observed the Fast hath broken it, that person would be numbered with such as have caused the Robe of Thy Revelation to be stained with dust, and been far removed from the crystal waters of this living Fountain."

Read more of the prayer at

Naw-Rúz

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thank you Arthra - I wish you, family and your Community a Happy Naw-Ruz and a rewarding year to come.

Ya Baha'ul Abha.

Regards Tony