• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha'i faith is not blind faith.

Nimos

That is a good definition of blind faith.:) However, some believers have a 'reason' for their faith so it is not blind.

That is a perfectly valid position, especially if those atheists don't have a 'reason' to believe that they could win (that God exists).

Again, that is a perfectly valid position.
Basically it comes down to whether one have a good reason for it. :)

Everyone can find a reason for something if they want, I mean Hitler probably also had his reasons for why he thought the Jews ought to be killed.

But you are right, that not all reason, even if they bad or unjustified are necessarily a bad thing, if it result in something positive. But if we are talking purely rationality and logic as being what we measure against, then blind faith is not good.

And honestly I don't think this is the motivation for most religious people anyway for why they believe.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Your prejudices are showing. It's pretty common for Christians to say that you have to accept first. Especially among the evangelical protestants.
No, I am not prejudiced against atheists.
I was not referring to who accepts what first. I was referring to who says religions are blindly followed.
Many atheists seem to think all religions are blindly followed without asking questions

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
These quotes indicate that Bahais have a normal hell with hell-fire.
No, Baha'is do not have a hell with hell-fire. Hell is defined as a state of the soul that is distant from God and heaven is nearness to God.
I'm not sure where I will end up but I have lots of work to do if I am going to make it to heaven. :eek:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It has been freed from a world of sorrow, grief and trials to live in a world of unending bliss and joy. The phenomenal and physical have been abandoned in order that it may attain the opportunities of the ideal and spiritual.
With all due respect, why would anyone want to be close to a God that designed a world of sorrow, grief and trials that we had to live in till we die? Abdu'l-Baha tries to side-skirt that and I don't like that.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
one from Bahaullah himself...
"It is incumbent upon everyone to firmly adhere to God’s straight Path. Were He to pronounce the right to be the left or the south to be the north, He speaketh the truth and there is no doubt of it."
This clearly prescribes blind adherence to dogma, even if it seems nonsensical.
No, that is not blind adherence, we adhere out of choice with our eyes wide open.
That passage means that whatever God revels is the very truth, even if it sounds nonsensical to us.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
But Bahaullah himself said that you must follow god's pronouncements, even if they make no sense and contradict what is existing, factual knowledge, and you must have no doubt.
That is the definition of "blind faith".
No, that is not what Baha'u'llah said, that is what you think he meant according to something you read.

ppp

I was not referring to who accepts what first. I was referring to who says religions are blindly followed.
I was too. Accepting that something is true before receiving evidence is blindly following.
Many atheists seem to think all religions are blindly followed without asking questions
One can ask questions and still blindly follow. The two are not mutually exclusive.

ppp

That's true, but what is evidence to some people is not evidence to others.
That is sophistry. If you cannot demonstrate an actual causal connection between your supposed evidence and your claim, then it is not evidence. If your supposed evidence leads in multiple directions then it is not evidence.

That is also true, but usually the believers who blindly follow do not ask questions. ;)
Again, false.