• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha'i faith is not blind faith.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
What are they? You do not provide mansions with gardens which have clear water flowing, you do not provide houris to serve those who have come to heaven, you do not provide unlimited quantity of finest booze? So what are the rewards? Islam does much better.
Those are symbols from Islam, in my opinion.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Do you have anything good to say about Baha'i? Anything at all?
Do you have an answer for my question? If not, keep investigating and learn what Baha'is believe. It's more than just peace and love.

But then, what about you? You believe Fundamental Christians are teaching the truth about God and Jesus? If you can't question the beliefs of other religions, then how are you going to determine if it's true or not?

How about Joseph Smith and him talking to the angel Moroni? Who told him where to find some golden plates and how to translate the writing on those plates, and those writings became the Book of Mormon. You believe all that? Nice people... They believe in peace and love I'm sure, but is their religion based on truth? Or... was it made up?

Then Baha'u'llah, did an angel speak to him too? Did God speak to him directly? And just because he speaks of peace and love, does that mean everything he said is true? Maybe, but if the Baha'i Faith is true then what all the other religions in the world today are believing and teaching in one way or another, isn't true. And if you don't believe that, ask them. Ask them which other religion today, in what they teach, believe and practice... is true and absolutely true and compatible with Baha'i beliefs.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Do you have an answer for my question? If not, keep investigating and learn what Baha'is believe. It's more than just peace and love.

But then, what about you? You believe Fundamental Christians are teaching the truth about God and Jesus? If you can't question the beliefs of other religions, then how are you going to determine if it's true or not?

How about Joseph Smith and him talking to the angel Moroni? Who told him where to find some golden plates and how to translate the writing on those plates, and those writings became the Book of Mormon. You believe all that? Nice people... They believe in peace and love I'm sure, but is their religion based on truth? Or... was it made up?

Then Baha'u'llah, did an angel speak to him too? Did God speak to him directly? And just because he speaks of peace and love, does that mean everything he said is true? Maybe, but if the Baha'i Faith is true then what all the other religions in the world today are believing and teaching in one way or another, isn't true. And if you don't believe that, ask them. Ask them which other religion today, in what they teach, believe and practice... is true and absolutely true and compatible with Baha'i beliefs.
I ask my owen being those questions, I respect that other people believe different than i do, and that they take responsibility for their own action words and thoughts.
Until i am free of my own inward trouble i can not tell others are wrong.

Truthseeker

Ad hominem does not mean hostility. Ad hominem is addressing the person rather than the argument. You have not addressed my argument, but just addressed me. Please do some research if you have it in you about your own scripture.
I have no idea what you are referring to when you say research my own scripture. You reasearch and believe whatever you want to. Go to hell! I'm not playing your games of oneupmanship any more. I don't have to prove any thing to you. I don't want to. I believe what I believe and you believe wat you believe. I'll leave you your own devices.
Ad hominem is addressing the person rather than the argument.
I know that! Why can't I address you? Oneupmanship again.

Truthseeker

Nope. I have repeatedly, multiple times given the same exact verses with references and language but not a single person responded with anything other than complete ignorance of it, and preaching.
I was responding to a blanket thing you said. If you recited earlier I did not see them. Go to hell!

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
The Norse, Greek, or Roman beliefs have no basis in valid Prophets, as far as I know. Hindu is a lot more complex. Baha'is do recognize Krishna in some shape or form, and other scriptures have some truth in them, for sure, but Baha'i wouldn't have to be compatible with all of them. Not that Hindus believe in the same scriptures anyway. The Bhagavad Gita has quite a bit of truth in it compatible with Baha'i, but perhaps not all of it. It doesn't have to all be compatible, because the Gita according to any reasonable scholar is passed down orally and it can have some mistakes in it. What am I saying? A lot of scholars believe that the Gita was made up and Krishna was a mythical character. A reasonable Baha'i belief as far as I'm concerned is that a Prophet now known as Krishna did exist, but it is unknown where the Gita came from. Nevertheless, there are wonderful insights in that part of the Mahabharata. There does seem to inspiration from God in that.

Again, Krishna was only one of many incarnations of Vishnu. What do Baha'is believe about the others? If you deny or question whether they were real, then why accept Krishna? And then what do Baha'is do with the other sects in Hinduism that don't have a "valid" Prophet/manifestation? If other ancient religions and Gods were just mythical, why not all of them? Like even with the Bible, it's not like Baha'is take the stories as having literally taken place. Which, to me, makes the stories fictional, which is pretty much the same as calling them mythical.

Do you have anything good to say about Baha'i? Anything at all?
Actually, that is a weird thing to ask. What do any of those questions have to do with supposedly not having "anything" good to say about the Baha'i Faith?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Actually, that is a weird thing to ask. What do any of those questions have to do with supposedly not having "anything" good to say about the Baha'i Faith?
When was last time you made a positive OP or thread answer about Baha'i faith?
Sorry but I haven't seen it, that is what I reacting to.

Truthseeker

Again, Krishna was only one of many incarnations of Vishnu. What do Baha'is believe about the others? If you deny or question whether they were real, then why accept Krishna? And then what do Baha'is do with the other sects in Hinduism that don't have a "valid" Prophet/manifestation? If other ancient religions and Gods were just mythical, why not all of them? Like even with the Bible, it's not like Baha'is take the stories as having literally taken place. Which, to me, makes the stories fictional, which is pretty much the same as calling them mythical.
You are not eor
I am not sure if that is 'Bahai speak' with love and brotherhood for all humans. I am rather disappointed. True, you need to learn your own religion.
Of course, you can't do it in a few words. I suggest you quote from Bahaollah's 'tablets' and explanations thereof by Abdul Baha and Shoghi.
Yes, I am very human. I don't expect myself to be perfect. Do you expect me to be perfect?
I am not sure if that is 'Bahai speak' with love and brotherhood for all humans. I am rather disappointed. True, you need to learn your own religion.
Of course, you can't do it in a few words. I suggest you quote from Bahaollah's 'tablets' and explanations thereof by Abdul Baha and Shoghi.
It is not Baha'i speak, for sure. But I don't need you to tell me me that. Do you have any standards of behavior for yourself, by the way?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Christ had a revelation. He catered His Message according the culture around Him. I don't dispute, for instance that Christ wrote down the Gospels. The same with Moses. Ordinary men who may or may not have had inspiration wrote much of the rest.
I'm just thinking about people that say that concepts of Satan and resurrection and even the Messiah came into to Judaism from other cultures. And then with dying and rising God/men influenced the Christian writers. What do you think? I never really cared enough to research it. But I also thought it kind of made sense... that people and cultures took religious ideas and concepts from other cultures.

joelr

No, I have not a single reason to continue discussion or debate about this.
You don't believe and no matter what "evidence" put forth it going to be rejected.

That is completely false.

It is true that I don't believe things that do not have reasonable evidence. It is not true that no matter what evidence you put forth it will be rejected.

If there is good evidence to believe something I would believe it.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
When was last time you made a positive OP or thread answer about Baha'i faith?
Sorry but I haven't seen it, that is what I reacting to.
It wasn't that long ago that I recommended you meet with local Baha'is and learn from them and get to know them. That's as positive as I'm going to get about the Baha'i Faith. I really, really don't think that they truly believe any of the other religions are true... that is, in how they believe today. Baha'is, I think, believe that all of them have gone astray and have added in misconceptions about God and spiritual things based on their own misinterpretations of their own Scriptures. But... if those other religions are indeed wrong in what they believe and teach, then that's a good thing for the Baha'i Faith to tell them how wrong they are. How that's? Pretty positive?

But, if you still have a problem, you ask them... What other religion has the exact, absolute truth from God right now and is teaching it and practicing it? I think the only answer they can give you is that they all used to have the truth but not anymore. And that is why God had to send Baha'u'llah to renew God's truth... To bring the truth that is needed for this day and age. Go ahead ask them.

Truthseeker

I don't feel it personally, but I think there are to much negative focus toward Baha'i faith within RF now, and it comes mostly from the same few members.
Yes, I know who the few are, and I feel it personally, and it has been showing tonight, especially with Firestorm. You get to see the negative part of me tonight.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I have no idea what you are referring to when you say research my own scripture.

I have given verses. Go research them.

That is metaphorical. You are not necessarily going there.

Cute. Lol. After telling me to "go to hell", not it's a metaphor? For what? To show that you want people to go to hell for quoting your scripture that you don't follow?

I was responding to a blanket thing you said. If you recited earlier I did not see them. Go to hell!

No can do.

Truthseeker

I have given verses. Go research them.
I don't care. You can have your own understanding of what those verses mean. I don't want to look back at verses you have quoted.

I see the rest of your post and I'm tired of these games you pose to me. I will never debate with you again. I mean it when I say I don't want to debate. Debating does bad things to me. I don't understand why you seem to enjoy debating. I can't debate without ending up bad blood with them and me, like what happened tonight with you.