• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha'i and Messengers

Brian2

Veteran Member
Brian, to be truthful, I am at a time in life when all I see in what you offer is a repeat of the rejection of God's Messengers and to me I now just hear a very frustrating bla bla bla.

Yes it can get like that at times when our words go seemingly unheard and unheeded.
You should come back to believing what the Bible says and not what Baha'i says it means, especially when what it says it means contradicts what it says.

In that weakness I am very tired of life, I am tied of religions stating their exclusive doctrines of completeness, when it is very, very, very obvious they are not complete and have not fulfilled their potential. I offer hat is inclusive of Baha'i, as we know Revelation from God will continue and we will also have made mistakes albeit the Baha'i Faith has been given a full thousand years, so we still have time to plant nurture and smell the roses and pick the fruits of that garden.

It is not the Christian religion that is complete, it is Jesus who is complete and in Him we have all we need (Colossians 2) Baha'u'llah adds nothing.

I wish you all the best in life and faith and the challenges we all face ahead of us, which will most likely make the world wars seem tame, as oppression will come from every direction, from in front, from behind, the left, the right, up above and below and all other directions.

Certainly there are heavy things coming on the world before Jesus returns according to the Bible. Things that did not happen before 1844.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Certainly there are heavy things coming on the world before Jesus returns according to the Bible. Things that did not happen before 1844.
Baha'i push them back to happening after Baha'u'llah has come and gone. Now they say the world will go into all sorts of trials and tribulations, because the world rejected him. In Revelation there seems to be a continual build up to the climatic event and then Jesus comes.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Miller gives something to Baha'is because they ignore the fact that Jesus said He would come back when we did not expect. We do not know when and will not.
From what we can see of the Edict it also should not give anything to Baha'is.
Baha'is grasp at straws that they cannot breathe through and ignore gaping holes in their theology and don't even bother trying to explain those gaping holes.

1260 just happens to be a number that starts somewhere and ends somewhere else and covers 1260 years. The beginning and end have nothing to do with what the Bible say will happen at those times.
The 1260 as I have said before is literally 1260 days (3.5 years)
What I don't understand is how the abolishing of the daily sacrifice and the setting up of the abomination is ignored by William Miller and the Baha'is. Instead, they start the 2300 years from the decree to rebuild Jerusalem. Which sounds like they take it as solar years. But then Baha'is make the 1260 into lunar years. And start them all with the Hegira in 621AD.

But then with the 1290 lunar years they start 10 lunar years before the Hegira. Then with 1335 they go back to solar years and who knows where they start it. Here's the quote from Daniel...

Daniel 12:11 “From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. 12 Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days.​
I see no reason to start it with the declaration of Muhammad. Yet they do and they stand by that interpretation.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Baha'i push them back to happening after Baha'u'llah has come and gone. Now they say the world will go into all sorts of trials and tribulations, because the world rejected him. In Revelation there seems to be a continual build up to the climatic event and then Jesus comes.

Yes in the Bible the coming of Jesus seems to be the culmination after tribulations etc.
So Baha'i end up being wrong but right at the same time.
The tribulation is still to come but when it does many will see it as Baha'i being right.
I'm amazed at the tricks Satan uses to deceive people.

It is interesting that in the Bible the tribulation is because of the evil deeds of humanity and in Baha'i the tribulation is because of people rejecting Baha'u'llah.

Brian2

Veteran Member
What I don't understand is how the abolishing of the daily sacrifice and the setting up of the abomination is ignored by William Miller and the Baha'is. Instead, they start the 2300 years from the decree to rebuild Jerusalem. Which sounds like they take it as solar years. But then Baha'is make the 1260 into lunar years. And start them all with the Hegira in 621AD.

But then with the 1290 lunar years they start 10 lunar years before the Hegira. Then with 1335 they go back to solar years and who knows where they start it. Here's the quote from Daniel...

Daniel 12:11 “From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. 12 Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days.​
I see no reason to start it with the declaration of Muhammad. Yet they do and they stand by that interpretation.

William Miller of course does not start with the Hegira and does not even use the 1260 as far as I know.
William Miller (preacher) - Wikipedia
Baha'i see all the 1260 days prophecies in the Bible and the 3.5 year prophecies as the same time period and as far as I can see they just ignore the Biblical context of the prophecies and what is to happen before and after the 1260 days and of course I guess if Baha'is ever get to study those things, they are so far gone on the acceptance of Baha'u'llah as the return of Jesus and (if they were Christians) have rejected and ignored so much more of the Bible to get to that point, that they just accept what Baha'i tells them and ignoring more of the Bible means nothing to them.
I imagine the Baha'is need the number 1260 because it fits with a time frame that starts and ends with dates they can use.
Baha'is have to reject what most scriptures say, not just the Bible, to get to something that sort of fits with what they want to be true and which can suck the most people from a variety of different faiths.
As I say, imo it is just another deception of Satan and it, along with Islam, say that Jesus is OK by them and sent by God etc, but the reality is that they reject the gospel because of the teachings of Baha'i.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
William Miller of course does not start with the Hegira and does not even use the 1260 as far as I know.
William Miller (preacher) - Wikipedia
Baha'i see all the 1260 days prophecies in the Bible and the 3.5 year prophecies as the same time period and as far as I can see they just ignore the Biblical context of the prophecies and what is to happen before and after the 1260 days and of course I guess if Baha'is ever get to study those things, they are so far gone on the acceptance of Baha'u'llah as the return of Jesus and (if they were Christians) have rejected and ignored so much more of the Bible to get to that point, that they just accept what Baha'i tells them and ignoring more of the Bible means nothing to them.
I imagine the Baha'is need the number 1260 because it fits with a time frame that starts and ends with dates they can use.
Baha'is have to reject what most scriptures say, not just the Bible, to get to something that sort of fits with what they want to be true and which can suck the most people from a variety of different faiths.
As I say, imo it is just another deception of Satan and it, along with Islam, say that Jesus is OK by them and sent by God etc, but the reality is that they reject the gospel because of the teachings of Baha'i.
I've spelled it out to Baha'is several times. How can they say the trampling of Jerusalem ended in 1844 and that it started in 621AD? What did the Hegira have to do with the trampling? Muhammad and Ali are made the Two Witnesses. Symbolically I guess they can say they prophesied from 621AD to 1844. But then they have to be dead for the same period of time. Then the women giving birth is mentioned twice. She flees to the wilderness from 621AD to 1844? Then the beast has power and authority for the same period, 621AD to 1844. Here's the reference again to Abdul Baha's interpretation if you care to look it over.