• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha'i and Messengers

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yes, it means what the definition says. The attributes of God appeared and became plainly visible in Baha'u'llah and the other Manifestations of God, but God did not become flesh as that would be an incarnation, not a Manifestation.
slated most of the Writings so he probably translated that.
What attribute of Allah is plainly visible in Bahaollah? He excommunicated nearly all his relatives from Bahaism.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
loverofhumanity said: >>>All the Messengers of God teach the same eternal truths. Only Their social laws differ as they were revealed to suit the needs of the people in each age.

Christ = love thy neighbour

Muhammad = love thy country

Baha’u’llah = love all humanity

See how wonderfully they reveal laws according to the development, evolution and progress of humanity. The law of love has never changed only widened to embrace all.<<<

There was no widening of the teachings of Baha'u'llah compared to Jesus so the teaching is not better in any way.
Maybe it is worse. It is easy to love humanity in a vague airy fairy way, but harder to love each person individually.:)

I don’t know about that. What about prejudices of race, religion and nationality? What about love between religions. They normally do not associate.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
So it magically appeared out of nowhere with an inbuilt do it itself kit to generate nature, the human body and a universe with laws.
That's just as logical as some creator God sitting outside the creation doing it. 'The human body' makes it planetcentric. There may be another billion planets with life in some form.

Audie

Veteran Member
So it magically appeared out of nowhere with an inbuilt do it itself kit to generate nature, the human body and a universe with laws.

Exactly! As there is no evidence that the
universe was created, or had an origin -
SO THEREFORE, according to religionists,
Something ( great raven, whoever) who had appeared out of nowhere or was just " always there ) used magic to poof the universe into
existence outta nothing!

Nobody knows, but religionists pretend they do.

Forgetting in the process the understanding about "knowin' what ya dont know." being a start to wisdom.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Something ( great raven, whoever) who had appeared out of nowhere or was just " always there ) used magic to poof the universe into
existence outta nothing!

Forgetting in the process the understanding about "knowin' what ya dont know." being a start to wisdom.
"I don't know" is such a reasonable answer.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Any you haven't noticed all the prejudice towards atheists in this thread, perpetrated by ________s? If you're going to be a lover of humanity, it is paramount that atheists be included.

The teaching of the oneness of humanity is inclusive of all believer and non believer, east and west, rich and poor, all nations, races, religions and lifestyles.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
existence outta nothing!

We believe in cause and effect and that the existence could not have brought itself into existence.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
The teaching of the oneness of humanity is inclusive of all believer and non believer, east and west, rich and poor, all nations, races, religions and lifestyles.

Yes that's the standard overall statement, and it seems well, until you look at the details in the words, where this platitude gets contradicted repeatedly. Who is the 'manifestation' that represents atheists?

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
I got it about seven years ago when I first started posting to atheists on forums. ;)

Because they aren't there, but that does not mean that God is not there.
You clearly don't get it, do you?

In other words, just because I cannot see any pink unicorns that does not mean there are no pink unicorns. Nobody can prove there are no pink unicorns, not anymore than anyone can prove there is no God.
Wrong. The claim here is not "God does not exist".
It is "it is unreasonable to insist that god does exist, given the lack of evidence and rational argument".
Now, you have just admitted that the claim of existence of pink unicorns in your garage is as reasonable as the claim of the existence of the Baha'i god. Neither have any supporting evidence or rational argument. And you admit that you not being able to see the unicorns is only because you are not looking with an open heart.

So to assert that God does not exist because we have not seen God or recognized the evidence for God is a non sequitur.
But there is no evidence. You simply saying "my hat is evidence for god" does not make it so.
And the "haven't seen god" is a straw man.
So no non sequitur there, other than your own.

BTW, you don't have to explain and post links for these informal fallacies. We all know what they are. Informal fallacy - Wikipedia

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Any you haven't noticed all the prejudice towards atheists in this thread, perpetrated by ________s? If you're going to be a lover of humanity, it is paramount that atheists be included.

Just to add. This is a debating forum where we can debate each other’s views. But prejudice against atheists is against the Baha’i teachings which state we are all equal regardless of belief or non belief. So although views may clash, which is the nature of a debate, it should not become personal.