• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha'i and Messengers

firedragon

Veteran Member
According to the Baha'i their god has made a few messengers. But only a few. At least in comparison to the billions of people who have lived.

Is the Baha'i god incapable of making everyone a messenger? Or simply unwilling?

What does the Bahai God need to make everyone a messenger? Why should that be a criteria, and if God has requirement to meet "Your Criteria" he is not capable or unwilling?

Please explain.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
According to the Baha'i their god has made a few messengers. But only a few. At least in comparison to the billions of people who have lived.

Is the Baha'i god incapable of making everyone a messenger? Or simply unwilling?

In a world of desease, if all were doctors, who would be the engineers to design the equipment required to treat patients…?

One could also think of it this way; if all were in the mindset to receive the message in that way (via God) the world and life would not be what it is.

But as Man, life and the world are as they are, not all are in that mindset, so we require messengers, but also those with other callings like missionaries, confessors, martyrs, revolutionists, etc.

Humbly
Hermit

Clara Tea

God makes prophets (that is, messengers) when he needs to. I personally know God's prophets (that is, messengers), and they were chosen by God only because there was a dire emergency that God had to address.

The emergency had already been addressed by God in Revelation. The emergency was to prevent anyone from attacking Iraq. God knew that the Iraqis were not involved in terrorism, so God commanded that no one attacks Iraq or He (God) will end the world, but first make everyone suffer his wrath (example: Revelation 15: (7 plagues)).

But, God knew that few would heed His (God's) commandment not to attack Iraq. This is why God sent his prophets to warn the world not to attack Iraq.

Satan rules by fear, greed, and deception (often pretending to be on God's side, "fighting evil)."

Gripped by Satan's fear (fear of further terrorism, following 911), America followed Satan into war with Iraq...in direct defiance of God, and defiance of God's modern prophets.

I don't know the criteria that God uses to choose prophets, ordinarily, but it is my observation, knowing many prophets of God, that He (God) chose people who have always had strong ESP, and were often renouned psychics before God chose them for their special mission. One of my friends worked for the Association of Research and Enlightenment (renouned psychic Edgar Cayce's organization). She also was chosen by the Central Intelligence Agency to locate a missing Soviet nuclear submarine.

Though God already had warned everyone not to attack Iraq, He (God) had to send the best psychics in the world on a mission to tell people that predictions in Revelation were absolutely correct....Iraq was not to be attacked....that was God's order.

With 20-20 hindsight, it is obvious that Iraq was not involved with terrorism. That is, God was right, and President George W. Bush (who said he was fightin' evil) was wrong. It really wasn't a fair match, considering that God is all-knowing, and even knows the future.

God has special love for Iraq, since it was the location of the Tower of Babel, and it was the location of the Garden of Eden, which now is strewn with broken pottery, tank tracks, and bomb craters.

The psychics of God focused, for a while on President W. Bush, and were in for a shock of their lives. Instead of sensing a person, they sensed a demon (called the beast in Revelation in the New Testament bible). The darkness of the soul of W. Bush, and the immense power of the demon W. Bush, was so intense, that each and every psychic of God was horribly scared. Yet, they knew that they had to carry on and proceed with the task that God had given them, and they had hoped that God would protect them from the demon. In contacting angels of God, the psychics sensed absolute peace and caring.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...coldest/83f56312-8cca-481f-af17-5d8eb0356612/

W. Bush had a few surprises for the psychics of God, as well. It was publically announced that CIA's project MKULTRA had been abandoned. It was a mind control experiment, involving illegal narcotics (a sheriff was intentionally given enough LSD to permanently disable him, and the CIA agents used LSD themselves, resulting in agent Frank Olsen (link above) jumping from a hotel window. MKULTRA was George Bush (senior's) dabbling in the supernatural and occult. Little did the psychic's of God realize that W. Bush had secretly restarted project MKULTRA. The psychics of God were irked when MKULTRA psychics invaded their thoughts. Some pushed back the psychic energy, to no avail. But, one psychic of God realized that psychic energy can't be pushed away (it can penetrate anything), but it can be redirected....even pushed into a circle. It is just a matter of spotting the white cord of energy emanating from the psychics and directing their energy in a circle. This causes the psychics of MKULTRA to get violently ill (which caused the cancellation of project MKULTRA again).

I believe that God needs prophets only when things go terribly wrong (as they did in Iraq....which will result in God destroying the entire world....these are the end times, according to Revelation and according to the psychics of God).

This is not the only prediction of the end of the world. Many great civilizations around the world has predicted that these are the end times. For example, the Mayan calendar will end very very soon, when the whole world is destroyed. The Mayans believed that a dragon would cause the destruction of the entire world (exactly what is predicted in Revelation in the New Testament). Ditto, Chinese believe that a dragon will soon destroy the world.

President's Bush and W. Bush both took office in the Chinese year of the dragon (12 years apart). Thus, they are the dragon presidents.

Clara Tea

What does the Bahai God need to make everyone a messenger? Why should that be a criteria, and if God has requirement to meet "Your Criteria" he is not capable or unwilling?

Please explain.

There would be a cacaphony of many voices shouting that God told them something if many people were involved. There would also be many false prophets claiming that they have orders from God. Some can't hear God psychicly very well. This is why God chose very powerful and well known psychics to warn us not to attack Iraq, recently. I personally know many of them.

firedragon

Veteran Member
There would be a cacaphony of many voices shouting that God told them something if many people were involved. There would also be many false prophets claiming that they have orders from God. Some can't hear God psychicly very well. This is why God chose very powerful and well known psychics to warn us not to attack Iraq, recently. I personally know many of them.

What you say sounds reasonable.

I cannot give any speculation on why God would choose someone. Only God knows. And I am no God.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If your god is omnipotent, then he can just show up and say hello.
God is not a man who can show up and say hello.

No tie of direct intercourse can ever bind God to humans and that is why God sends Messengers in every age to communicate His Will to humans. These Messengers have a twofold nature, both divine and human, and as such they can understand God and humans, and act as mediators between God and humans. We can know God through His Messengers but we can never know God directly.

“And since there can be no tie of direct intercourse to bind the one true God with His creation, and no resemblance whatever can exist between the transient and the Eternal, the contingent and the Absolute, He hath ordained that in every age and dispensation a pure and stainless Soul be made manifest in the kingdoms of earth and heaven. Unto this subtle, this mysterious and ethereal Being He hath assigned a twofold nature; the physical, pertaining to the world of matter, and the spiritual, which is born of the substance of God Himself. He hath, moreover, conferred upon Him a double station. The first station, which is related to His innermost reality, representeth Him as One Whose voice is the voice of God Himself.....The second station is the human station, exemplified by the following verses: “I am but a man like you.””
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 66-67

Brian2

Veteran Member
What would be the message that need be conveyed? To everyone?

No doubt different people have the need to hear different messages from God and so God sent His Spirit to Christians so that God would live in and with Christians to change them to be like Jesus.
Anything else is superfluous.

Brian2

Veteran Member
If your god is omnipotent, then he can just show up and say hello. That would at the very least demonstrate that there is a being that could potentially been the being you describe as god. Right now, that just isnt there.

That's what God did when Jesus became a man.
Sounds like He really needs to turn up and say hello to every generation.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

Unwilling. If God made everyone a Messenger it would contradict that which He has Revealed of Himself through His Choosen Ones.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You wrote sentences such as :-
There are rules in communication from God to humans. God knows that

What are those rules?
That until the human can understand the message given from God, God does not contact you.

For one who has opend up the heart can hear those messages when they are given, God knows who can hear, see and feel the divine

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

There have been Manifestations of God from eternity and in other worlds as well not just this one. So although not everyone has become a Messenger, there have been many more of Them appear than just in our recorded history as per below.

Bahá’u’lláh states:

The Manifestations of His Divine Glory . . . have been sent down from time immemorial, and been com- missioned to summon mankind to the one true God. That the names of some of them are forgotten and the records of their lives lost is to be attributed to the disturbances and changes that have overtaken the world.

Similarly Abdul-Baha states that

there have been many holy Manifestations of God. One thousand years ago, two hundred thousand years ago, one million years ago, the bounty of God was flowing, the radiance of God was shining, the dominion of God was existing.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
If your god is omnipotent, then he can just show up and say hello. That would at the very least demonstrate that there is a being that could potentially been the being you describe as god. Right now, that just isnt there.

Can we withstand the sun descending to the earth?

No, but we can receive light and life through the rays of the sun which are the The Manifestations Who are the Intermediaries between God and humanity.

Audie

Veteran Member
Except some are hypocritical and not savvy enough thinkers to be aware of it or be self-aware of their own thought processes. Some seem to be seeking a special place in the world by passing on the messages, but they aren't doing a good job of it. This leads us to be skeptical.

And there is a serious honesty problem with theists who try to connect heart, and wisdom, and understanding, to a belief in some God. To my mind this is a sort of greed driven by the ego, and a serious failure of spiritual seeking.

A lot of it sounds like vanity, said by
some to be Satan's favourite sin.

Audie

Veteran Member
Can we withstand the sun descending to the earth?

No, but we can receive light and life through the rays of the sun which are the The Manifestations Who are the Intermediaries between God and humanity.

That is so unconvincing.
If this god can communicate with one, it can with another.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
That is so unconvincing.
If this god can communicate with one, it can with another.

It won't help. It could be an Evil Demon per Descartes or we could be inside an advanced civilizations computer simulation. If God spoke in a booming voice to us all, we still wouldn't know if it is God. The only one that can know if there is a God, is God. Unless you become one with God, but then you are not you.