• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha'i and Messengers

Sheldon

Veteran Member
My thread on Athiest asked the question, if it's aim is to remove the spiritual bond of being a caring and loving part of all humanity, that we can all share, will that be the downfall of humanity?
Look atheism up in any dictionary, ask any atheist what their atheism means, and I defy you to find anything remotely comparable to what you are asking or implying about atheism there.

Atheism is the lack or absence of belief in any deity or deities, and nothing more. Though an atheist can of course believe or disbelieve anything they want beyond that single disbelief.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Appeal to authority fallacy.
Nope, because Queen Marie of Romania was not an authority on the topic of religion.
You just grasp at straws and hope it will stick, but not on my watch because I know the fallacies.

An argument from authority (argumentum ab auctoritate), also called an appeal to authority, or argumentum ad verecundiam, is a form of argument in which the opinion of an authority on a topic is used as evidence to support an argument.[1] Some consider that it is used in a cogent form if all sides of a discussion agree on the reliability of the authority in the given context,[2][3] and others consider it to always be a fallacy to cite the views of an authority on the discussed topic as a means of supporting an argument.[4]
Argument from authority - Wikipedia

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If that is the germ of eternal truth then tell me what is new in the Bahai message?
What are the unique features of Baha'i Faith?

Bahá'í religion may be unique in the way that it accepts all other faiths as true and valid. Bahá'ís accept the divine nature of the missions of Abraham, Moses, Zoroaster, the Buddha, Jesus and the Prophet Muhammad. They believe each one was a further stage in the revelation of God.Sep 22, 2009

Bahai: Introduction to Bahá'í beliefs and God - Religions - BBC

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If that is the germ of eternal truth then tell me what is new in the Bahai message? It is just a repetition and plagiarism. Read Torah, Bible and Quran, and write a new book claiming originality!

Well that is what Queen Marie of Romania wrote, so I guess we would have to ask what Queen Marie understood.

Most likely it was understood by the Queen to be the foundation that also enabled her to embrace the Baha'i Message, that is what the Queen offered, as I understand it.

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
All inner insight, by anyone, can be considered 'from Shiva himself', as Shiva is inside everyone, residing in the sahaswara chakra, and the lotus of the heart. But also this is used as a metaphor, or exaggeration, for the wisdom of certain saints. This would be called the Matsyendranatah sampraday, and is close to mine, philosophically, I think. I'd have to do more research on that bit.

Many saints would be describes as embodiments of Gods as a method of saying how wise they are.

But your point is taken. There are literally thousands of saints and sages in the dharmac (and other faiths) that would have the wisdom equivalent or more of any of the selected Baha'i manifestations. Many live in caves to this day, and speak little, and would never brag about themselves ... self-realised souls.
I'm reading an article about the Baha'i "teaching" efforts in India...
One vehicle which provided a means whereby Baha'i teachings could be made more comprehensible within the Hindu tradition, and one which developed spontaneously during the mass teaching period, was the bhajan. A bhajan is a rhythmic devotional song that has long been popular among bhakti sects in India.

In the Baha'i bhajans the avatar concept/symbol becomes the Hindu equivalent of the Baha'i concept/symbol of prophet (or manifestation) and is used interchangeably with them despite the fact that in the Baha'i writings the idea of God's incarnation is rejected

Another Hindu avatar figure who made his way into the bhajans was Rama, and his use raises some interesting questions regarding the development of Baha'i mythology/theology not only in India but world wide. As with the Buddha and Krishna, the figure of Rama, so prevalent in the legends and lore of popular Hinduism, receives no mention in the writings of Baha'u'llah. Moreover, as far as this author is aware, he does not appear in the writings of Abdu'l-Baha, nor was he referred to as a Manifestation of God by Shoghi Effendi.

What is significant here is that Rama is placed besides other prophetic figures, all of whom are officially considered manifestations of God in the Baha'i Faith, and such a contextual reference would almost have certainly been understood by many in the audience as a legitimization.

As much of the initial missionary activity in Malwa took place among the lower tribes and castes, it would make sense that the message of eschatological hope associated with the kalkin avatar would be recognized by Baha'i teachers as a meaningful way to spread their message among this segment of the social hierarchy. Also, the eschatological universalism inherent in Baha'i prophetic claims allows for an easy symbolic association. Both of these themes can be found in the following verses of a popular Baha'i bhajan:

Arise O children of India, the kalkin avatar has come; Vishnu's avatar has come with the name Baha'u'llah Nowhere in the entire world can the influence of religion be seen. The wicked have obtained everything; the truthful have lost all. According to the Gita the time of Vishnu's avatar has come...Arise​

Interesting stuff. And I can see why Baha'i were successful in getting converts in rural villages.

F1fan

Veteran Member
A plain and logical proof of a Messenger from God, is the Message they give.

The Message has an obvious effect on the people who embrace it. It changes lives, it changes the direction of Nations and more importantly it stands the test of time.
Yet this happens by people who aren't messengers of God, so this isn't a good test.

Now you can retort with "They are all Messengers of God" which means we can look at who fits your list of characteristics and it includes Hitler. It includes Napoleon. It includes many dictators, and even some good people. This doesn't mesh with your claim of God's goals of unity.

So perhaps being charismatic doesn't prove anything about a message of God.

All this will unfold even when the powers to be in that day try with all their might to extinguish that Message. They can put a Messenger of God to death, they can banish them to far away lands, but the Message will permeate the hearts of all that embrace the Spirit of the Message.
This isn't a factual claim.

I will not argue the point, as that point is an obvious rational proof and some of the Names behind the proof are known to the vast majority of humanity. Some will embrace One, some will embrace a few, some will embrace them all and some will choose to ignore them all.
This sounds like some sort of prophesy, or at least insider info. Are you keeping secrets from us? Why tease us and not offer details? Is this a bluff?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. we would have to ask what Queen Marie understood.
What importance does this queen has today? Perhaps she asked her secretary to send a suitable reply to Bahaollah's letter. Kings and queens generally do that. It is not mentioned anywhere that she became a Bahai. Wikipedia mentions that she preferred to wear a Greek Cross. Read up, friend.
.. it changes the direction of Nations ..
Tell me, which nation has changed its direction because of Bahai message? It is always funny to read your posts and that of other Bahais.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
A back-stabbing acceptance. After you so-called acceptance, you say that they are out-dated and corrupt. Allah save us from this kind of 'munafiq' acceptance. That means you accept when it suits you an reject when it does not.
No, we do not accept all of what men have done to corrupt those religions over time.
Why should we?

F1fan

Veteran Member
What are the unique features of Baha'i Faith?

Bahá'í religion may be unique in the way that it accepts all other faiths as true and valid. Bahá'ís accept the divine nature of the missions of Abraham, Moses, Zoroaster, the Buddha, Jesus and the Prophet Muhammad. They believe each one was a further stage in the revelation of God.Sep 22, 2009

Bahai: Introduction to Bahá'í beliefs and God - Religions - BBC
What Baha'i and its messengers don't do is offer a realistic plan for unity. God allowed humans to become diverse in religious belief, and has no plans to reverse this, right?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
What Baha'i and its messengers don't do is offer a realistic plan for unity. God allowed humans to become diverse in religious belief, and has no plans to reverse this, right?
God does have a plan to reverse it, and eventually it will be achieved through the teachings of Baha'u'llah.
I do not know how or when it will be achieved, but that what God has ordained always comes to pass.
Obviously more people will have to embrace the Baha'i vision of unity before it can become a reality.

“That which the Lord hath ordained as the sovereign remedy and mightiest instrument for the healing of all the world is the union of all its peoples in one universal Cause, one common Faith. This can in no wise be achieved except through the power of a skilled, an all-powerful and inspired Physician. This, verily, is the truth, and all else naught but error.”
The Summons of the Lord of Hosts, p. 91

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Then you should not say that you accept other religions as they are all corrupted.
I say that I believe the other religions that were revealed by Messengers of God, but I do not accept how the leaders and followers of those religion misinterpreted scriptures and corrupted those religions after they were revealed.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Oh come on. You tell me I am wrong. I ask you how, and is your response an explanation? No. You just say that you are sure that I think I am right.

Do you think that is not offensive? I cannot imagine saying that to someone.
I was just ending the conversation. Goodbye.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Who is it about, if not yourself?

There's your guess that threre is a spirit,
that " humbling " yourSELF will have
some benefit to - yourself.

I am guessing you've never applied
any thought to such observations and your
" throw it back at me" response is a good sign
you are not about to consider any of it.
What makes you think I was guessing? There you are guessing again.