• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha'i and Messengers

ppp

It is not how it works. If God suddenly stood in front of me i would know, and that is not how it works.
If I at the level of wisdom i have saw God i would not be able to see the full truth, only up to my understanding.

One has to reach each level of understanding before the true "image" is revieled

There are rules in communication from God to humans. God knows that
I'm sorry, that I cannot accept a logical contradiction as a valid response. You can have an omnipotent god that is capable of everything, or you can have a god with limits. You cannot have both.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You seem to be distressed nonetheless.
I am in a uncomfortable situation, because I can see where many people going, they are going to suffer and I wish I could save them from suffering. But I can not.
They have to awaken to it them selves.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I'm sorry, that I cannot accept a logical contradiction as a valid response. You can have an omnipotent god that is capable of everything, or you can have a god with limits. You cannot have both.

Well, that you can't accept a logical contradiction is in your brain, that doesn't tell you if a logical contradiction is possible for the universe and/or God as such.
You are mixing metaphysics/ontology and logic.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
But it's not your understanding. You're listening to what others say is true. Have you considered that is the problem?
It is my understanding, because even I listen to others, I am the one who sitting at home every day pondering about what I have read, heard or seen each day.
I am not one who blindly follow just because someone tell me "this is how it is"
I ask questions toward everything.

( but since I do it at home alone, people in RF does not see that part of the practice)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What is the answers you looking for @F1fan and @Policy

What do you expect a believer to answer you?
How much time each day are you using to study the scriptures or speaking with people from different religious faiths to gain a deeper understanding what they believe in?

Are you unbiased when you seeking the answers, or are you looking to find faults in scriptures vs what believers actually believe?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
What is the answers you looking for @F1fan and @Policy

What do you expect a believer to answer you?
How much time each day are you using to study the scriptures or speaking with people from different religious faiths to gain a deeper understanding what they believe in?

Are you unbiased when you seeking the answers, or are you looking to find faults in scriptures vs what believers actually believe?

Well, I will answer as a believer. We all try to find out how to cope as humans. The joke is that some people try to claim authority over something they don't have authority over, but they can only see that in everybody else, because they don't doubt that they have authority as they in effect claim.
And that has nothing to do with religion or not.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
It's My Birthday!
And according to several Baha'i folks there is no way to test whether a person who claims to be a Messenger is authentic. That's a serious flaw.
You are wrong about that. And I suspect you know it.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Well, it does not work like that, as a human being we have a vail in us called ego, until our ego slipp away communication with God is more or less impossible.
God could "stand" next to you and you would not see God, due to ego. So it is actually up to us humans to do the job.
Who told you that?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
It is not how it works. If God suddenly stood in front of me i would know, and that is not how it works.
If I at the level of wisdom i have saw God i would not be able to see the full truth, only up to my understanding.

One has to reach each level of understanding before the true "image" is revieled

There are rules in communication from God to humans. God knows that
And who told you that?