• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bah...Internet Forums Are All The Same

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Been away almost a month, checking out other forums. They are all the same; only the names change. People fussing about Trump or Obama, people endlessly arguing about religion to no avail, and certain sites having extreme forms of censorship.

An entire planet full of people and it's the same old crap day in, day out.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
sticker,375x360.u3.png
?
Start a site and manage it to your expectations? Or don't be surprised when people with a myriad of different beliefs, ethical motives, backgrounds don't always agree or get along?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Been away almost a month, checking out other forums. They are all the same; only the names change. People fussing about Trump or Obama, people endlessly arguing about religion to no avail, and certain sites having extreme forms of censorship.

Welcome back. Missed having you around.:)

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Start a site and manage it to your expectations? Or don't be surprised when people with a myriad of different beliefs, ethical motives, backgrounds don't always agree or get along?

I think the problem is everyone thinks they are smarter than everyone else. When they should all just accept the truth that I am smarter than all of them.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member

I'm glad to see ya back. I have glanced at a few other places myself. I keep coming back here. I blame my strange sexual attraction to flying mice. *cough* @YmirGF *cough*

BSM1

What? Me worry?

That's kind of reassuring in a strange way, don't you think?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I know.
Ain't it grand!

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member

Untrue I was checking out a forum yesterday that had a bazillion science thrads and no trump threads . Though my boss says he sees trump threads in his fishing and hunting forums

Valerian

An honest observation, but how do you explain it?

I explain it in one word >>> ego.

Like the Virgin Mary said “pride is the cancer of the soul.”

The display of so many on the left (way more than the right) these past few months is even worse than the ramblings on these boards. There is no civilily, no courtesy, no honor, no values in their ways. The media leading the charge, no less, which is the biggest poison of all. Plus, it is what they cover up (or under report) that is even more of a dereliction of duty than what they spin and report on.

So no one changes, yet, we all edge closer and closer to the edge of the falls as we age. There will be a real awakening for all of us the day we die and fall over the edge. I thank God for revealing so much to me now and not wandering about (year after year) looking for someone to tell me “what my itching hears want to hear.”

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
An honest observation, but how do you explain it?

I explain it in one word >>> ego.

Like the Virgin Mary said “pride is the cancer of the soul.”

The display of so many on the left (way more than the right) these past few months is even worse than the ramblings on these boards. There is no civilily, no courtesy, no honor, no values in their ways. The media leading the charge, no less, which is the biggest poison of all. Plus, it is what they cover up (or under report) that is even more of a dereliction of duty than what they spin and report on.

So no one changes, yet, we all edge closer and closer to the edge of the falls as we age. There will be a real awakening for all of us the day we die and fall over the edge. I thank God for revealing so much to me now and not wandering about (year after year) looking for someone to tell me “what my itching hears want to hear.”
:rolleyes:

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
I know.
Ain't it grand!

Grand is one way to describe it.

I dabbled with a debate site and the censorship there was ridiculous. The public votes on the debate once it is concluded, but if one of the debaters did not like the way you voted, they can appeal it and have a Mod/Admin overturn it.

Sigh.

Meh, I'm better off staying away from forums anyway, except for the occasional glance to see if anything interesting is being discussed. There are more important things in life...like sleep. :eek:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Grand is one way to describe it.

I dabbled with a debate site and the censorship there was ridiculous. The public votes on the debate once it is concluded, but if one of the debaters did not like the way you voted, they can appeal it and have a Mod/Admin overturn it.

Sigh.

Meh, I'm better off staying away from forums anyway, except for the occasional glance to see if anything interesting is being discussed. There are more important things in life...like sleep. :eek:
Debates sound too formal, labor intensive, tedioius & approval oriented.