• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bad person/people

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I often find the idea that there are 2 sides to a story kinda funny, since it seems to lead to people discounting the third, fourth or fifth side.

Yes, that also can happen a lot. But the third, fourth, or fifth side can also get discarded and dismissed, especially when two sides are heavily polarized and utterly convinced that they're absolutely right. In terms of politics, if the third or fourth side is close enough to their own position, they might make a deal to strengthen their coalition - which would be the smart thing to do. Trouble is, there's not enough smarts.

We Never Know

No Slack
Yes, that also can happen a lot. But the third, fourth, or fifth side can also get discarded and dismissed, especially when two sides are heavily polarized and utterly convinced that they're absolutely right. In terms of politics, if the third or fourth side is close enough to their own position, they might make a deal to strengthen their coalition - which would be the smart thing to do. Trouble is, there's not enough smarts.

As technology advances it allows more people access to more people and BS. Social media is the worst for "I saw John post it and he was sharing it from other people so it must be true."

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
"isn’t that a bit like saying, you can only support interracial marriage if you’re mixed race?

Nope. As I said some can support a few
Okay, maybe I’m misunderstanding your point then.
Are you saying that there is no ultimate altruism to be found?
Because yeah I can agree with that. I might be being pessimistic though.

But I don’t see why one can’t support religions, gay people and trans people etc and not be any of those things at the same time.
I don’t have to be gay to support Same Sex Marriage, after all

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
-If you're religious, you support religion
-If you're gay, you support homosexuality
-If you're atheist, you support atheism
-If you're republican, you support the right
-If you're democrat, your support the left
-If you're transgender, you support transgenderism(yes its a word)
-If you're......etc

Probably not anyone will support all of the above. Maybe a few but not all. Therefore everyone is a bad person to someone for not supporting what they support.

Its life. It won't get any better. In my opinion it will get worse.
The only type of person that I don't support is someone who disrespects me.

Wirey

Fartist
-If you're religious, you support religion
-If you're gay, you support homosexuality
-If you're atheist, you support atheism
-If you're republican, you support the right
-If you're democrat, your support the left
-If you're transgender, you support transgenderism(yes its a word)
-If you're......etc

Probably not anyone will support all of the above. Maybe a few but not all. Therefore everyone is a bad person to someone for not supporting what they support.

Its life. It won't get any better. In my opinion it will get worse.

How do you 'support' atheism? By that logic, I somehow support 'there is no invisible drunken leprechaunism'?

How do I 'support' gay? It is. It neither requires or demands my support.

This kind of "us-them" thinking is why Americans have loons attacking their Capitol building.