• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bad karma punishment

ajay0

But how can I live happily knowing that I will be killed? Or I still can hope it won't happen?

Death is the only certainty in life. Even if you are not killed, you will die of old age or disease anyway.

Even if you die of old age or anything, the soul will be reborn as per Hinduism. So where is death!

, “As a person puts on new garments, giving up old ones, the soul similarly accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones.” - Krishna ( BG : 2.22).

So death is just a change of bodies. There is never a time when you cease to exist.

Krishna teaches Arjuna and us in the Bhagavad Gita to understand correctly and perform our duties in life without shrinking from fear or sentimental issues.

Strength and courage is the message of the Gita.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks. But that is the exact explanation of karma I mostly read about over the internet. I understand that what internet has is sometimes wrong but that is why I need to find truth. I don't want to suffer because of my errors. I want to be happy. And yes, psychologist can help me, I had a few meetings already.
Then be happy. No religion, no philosophy, no deed is worth sacrificing your self worth or happiness.
Everyone suffers to some extent in life. That's just life. Find something that makes you happy and do it. No one is going to force suffering upon you, unless you're deliberately hurting other people. Karma is theological and philosophical. It is not meant to be stressed over to the point of unhappiness in life.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
However, if I because of me someone died in not that a guarantee that sooner or later someone will kill me? Or hurt me?
But how can I live happily knowing that I will be killed? Or I still can hope it won't happen?
No, the punishment can come in many other ways (Penury, disease, etc.). Engage in good deeds, that would take way the severity of the retribution to some extent. Again, as I said - "Que Sera Sera". Since you can't do much about that, forget it.

Shantanu

Hi, I started learning different religions. Unfortunately, I haven't chosen any yet but I always tend to believe the worst. According to Hinduism, if you have bad karma you will be burned in hell. I can't stop to fear. I feel so desperate that I wont to commit suicide. Sorry if this is the wrong topic. Is there any hinduist who can advise me how to survive being burned in hell. I can't live in constant fear of karma punishment. It is not life, it is hell.
Please do not concern yourself with the implications of bad karma: that is the way state authorities get you to tow the state line. There is no such thing as good or bad karma if you think about it, because it assumes that a Higher Power will inflict punishment on you. Why would the higher power (God) inflict pain on someone who He has created. He is only interested in helping you. So surrender to Him and all the solutions to your problems will come to your mind through God.

If you are an atheist, my advice is to 'be yourself' and act in accordance with your instincts. If you feel your survival is threatened take steps to deal with the threat to your existence. This means there is no action that is unjustified as long as it is directed to nothing but your survival on this planet Earth. You can lie, cheat and attack those who threaten your survival. There is no bad karma because God has created all the animals in the world. Have you ever seen anyone blame a lion for bad karma just because it attacks and kills its prey and eats the flesh. So why should it be any different for a human being? God has created us to live in accordance with our biological attributes. Evolution means survival to a grand old age and producing children for another generation. It is human states that impose sanctions against people who wish to live in accordance with their intrinsic natures.

Of course in life you have to live to the rules and laws of the state that you are living in or you will be charged with crimes and consigned to the prison or the mental hospital so you have to be realistic in your actions. But at the end of the day, live to survive another day.

Try my approach of satya-advaita and you will not suffer. I have been practicing this practically all my life and I am 62 years of age without any suffering today.