• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bacon Helps Vegans Cope With Meat Cravings

Oh, well that is a separate issue. I don't do shame.
But Ameristan does cause a wee bit of embarrassment
at times with bad behavior.
Look, Revoltingest, I just joined this forum a couple of days ago and am trying to find my way around and getting to know the people here. This is an international forum and we all have different cultures and means of expression. Sorry, but I'm not ready yet for this type of banter and would prefer to tread gently right now. All the best to you. :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Look, Revoltingest, I just joined this forum a couple of days ago and am trying to find my way around and getting to know the people here. This is an international forum and we all have different cultures and means of expression. Sorry, but I'm not ready yet for this type of banter and would prefer to tread gently right now. All the best to you. :D
I can explain....
While this thread is in the Food & Beverage Forum, & not the
Jokes & Games Forum, I still posted it in the spirit of the latter.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
In the news....
An Oxford University professor has created a patch infused with bacon to 'help vegans cope with meat cravings'
A patch infused with the scent of bacon has been developed by a scientist with the aim of helping people who choose to adopt a plant-based diet curb their meat cravings.
The device was created by Charles Spence, a professor of experimental psychology at the University of Oxford.
Spence, who specializes in sensory perception and the way in which the mind is connected to our senses of taste and smell, collaborated with plant-based food company Strong Roots to create the patch.
When a person who is wearing the patch scratches it, it produces a smell similar to that of cooked bacon.
Professor Spence explained that this may help those who wish to refrain from eating meat to "imagine" that they are eating bacon, which should supposedly sate their appetite.
"Studies have shown that scent can reduce food cravings," said the author of "Gastrophysics: The New Science of Eating."
"Our sense of smell is strongly connected to our ability to taste therefore experiencing food related cues such as smelling a bacon aroma, can lead us to imagine the act of eating that food. Imagine eating enough bacon and you might find yourself sated."
5e2f1c2ce0e1443033054afd

I have a cabbage patch for you.