• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Backbiting and religious hypocrisy

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
You didn't specifically. But you did say.

If I specifically didn't say, I didn't say it. It's either I did or I didn't.

So I can deduce she is a nurse/doctor/or possibly an administrative healthcare worker based on your comment.

No. When you check in a hospital you speak to people who register you in the hospital right? Those aren't nurses or doctors. They're called registration clerks. they're the ones that get insurance information from you.

Well you've said nothing of confronting her to her face about her negativity so yeah.

The nature of corporations is very sensitive. If I confront someone who is not used to being checked on what they do wrong could be bad. there have been people who have been taken to human resources for quietly counseling people. I chose not to because as easy she is able to discuss and talk about me behind my back she can do that easy for human resources especially if she decides to lie as easy she did on me to other co-workers. Again I may look like an a-hole at work but I'm not one. My character in a nutshell is if you and I were on a cliff and one of us could live I'd help you get to safety before myself. You see, you people get only a glimpse here but I'm much of a cooler person, well, in person.

Sure you did when you insulted my intelligence for disagreeing with you.

That comment you quoted was in reference to the lady not you and yes I said nothing negative about you, just made a healthy observation of your attempt to be clever and the 5 people that agreed with you in their herd mentality. Stop trying to misquote me and insult my intelligence if you haven't noticed, I'm an intelligent man who can decipher when someone is trying to play him.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I said nothing negative about you, just made a healthy observation of your attempt to be clever and the 5 people that agreed with you in their herd mentality.

Uh huh just sounds you have a serious deficiency of courage to me. Just a healthy observation.;)

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Technically all the so-called Christians that tout the judgment role but love to talk about people who cannot defend themselves. This is fake plain and simple and Christians I've seen do this everyday but want to sit in judgment on other people.

As far I'm concerned there is no true Christian. There are Christians who have hung and killed innocent people, rape children, curse people. A safer bet are the people saying they just believe in a spiritual faith. Being a complete follower of that faith is a different story. I've spent my whole life watching Christians judge other people but go to church on Sunday to praise baby Jesus.

I'm willing to bet that is 70% of Christians on this planet. I just wish Christians wouldn't sit on judgment on others especially people of other faiths and yet their own backyard contains dirt. I've met one closes to being a true Christian and its one guy out of 37 years of my existence!

No. The sincere believer is one that understands that in their personality there is something that potentially transgresses the standard rules of their faith, acknowledge it, owns it and understands they're going to be held accountable for it and tries to change it. Using your species to justify why you transgress religious rules is not enough. If it doesn't work for the police it definitely wont work for God the Creator.

Take video for example watch at 1:22:

Going to church is not a law or teaching of Jesus but loving one another is. Any person who,loves all people does not kill or rape or anything like that. Let’s be clear about what Jesus taught and not confuse it with what the Church has done which is many things against what He taught.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Sure you did. Then you went straight into apologetics to justify his statements about the nurse.
This OP is dealing about certain (arrogant behaving) Christians ... you seem to be one of them
I have learned that it is useless to talk to them, they just don't want to "get it"
Too much arrogance ... proven by your reply
"You are just plain wrong"
To my reply
"I agree to disagree on this one"

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Going to church is not a law or teaching of Jesus but loving one another is

That is the problem. You just can't cherry pick what you like through the examples of one individual or in one book, you follow all the examples. Jesus said "blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." If you commit yourself to harmful judgment of people you don't personally know, you're creating tension which is certainly not peaceful.

Any person who,loves all people does not kill or rape or anything like that.

Ok what is your point?

Let’s be clear about what Jesus taught and not confuse it with what the Church has done which is many things against what He taught.

You are sounding like a Christian fundamentalist than a Baha'i saying this......If you are a follower of a religion and you promote said religion as well as its doctrines that means you abide by the contents of the messages in said doctrine. If you proclaim to abide by it then you are declaring you're a follower of it. If you're a follower of said doctrine but you consistently demonstrate transgression daily by doing the things the doctrine speaks against you are by definition a hypocrite which I've found among many people of faith.

usfan

Let's get to the conclusion, and stop beating around the bush:

Christians are inherently hypocrites, mean spirited, hateful, critical, and judgemental. Christianity is the most evil ideology ever, in the history of man, and those who follow it are deluded, brainwashed fools.

Since there seems to be an agenda of correlating 'bad' behavior with Christianity, why not do it directly, instead of relying on innuendo, implication, and allusion?

:D

Is this a decent summary for the thread, so far? ;)

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
That is the problem. You just can't cherry pick what you like through the examples of one individual or in one book, you follow all the examples. Jesus said "blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." If you commit yourself to harmful judgment of people you don't personally know, you're creating tension which is certainly not peaceful.

Ok what is your point?

You are sounding like a Christian fundamentalist than a Baha'i saying this......If you are a follower of a religion and you promote said religion as well as its doctrines that means you abide by the contents of the messages in said doctrine. If you proclaim to abide by it then you are declaring you're a follower of it. If you're a follower of said doctrine but you consistently demonstrate transgression daily by doing the things the doctrine speaks against you are by definition a hypocrite which I've found among many people of faith.

Yes that’s what I’m saying too that you can’t call yourself a believer yet go against what it teaches. Doing so is hypocrisy.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Yes that’s what I’m saying too that you can’t call yourself a believer yet go against what it teaches. Doing so is hypocrisy.

Ok that didn't sound like the message you were posting to me previously. This, what you said is the crux of my point. I've experienced and I'm sure you have seen many Christians that tend to sit in judgment of others but transgress the very same Bible they proclaim to believe in.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Christians are inherently hypocrites, mean spirited, hateful, critical, and judgemental.

The Christians I've encountered both in my real life and maybe a couple here (I wont name names) are hypocritical. The ones offline I've encountered are yes mean spirited as I was called "Son of a Devil" because I told some lady because I believe in One God, a Creator, who is not Jesus and that I stopped following Christianity and because of that I was called names (among many other things). Are Christians judgmental? In the U.S. I want to say for the most part a lot of them are yes and many often use the Bible as a justification of their allowance to judge others. Many sit in judgment towards Muslims, Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists, people who are gay, transgender, women who are autonomous, etc. I find it funny how some Christians quote "judge not less ye be judged" yet, some quote scripture proclaiming that they're allowed to call people to Jesus using judgment at the same time....Irony.

Christianity is the most evil ideology ever, in the history of man, and those who follow it are deluded, brainwashed fools.

I personally believe Christianity as it is practiced today is not the same as when Jesus existed. For one, Jesus was Jewish, two, Jesus was a progressive Rabbi who historically did things against conservative values, something many conservative Christians today are not aligned with. Three, Christianity although has done some historical as well as current good in the world still continues to be smeared by its own ugliness through the tantrums of its most vociferous members. I still to this day remember them "good Christians" who attacked Sikhs shortly after 9/11 because they thought they were Muslim. I still remember them good Christians who called our 44th president an Arab and Muslim, these same Christians on the 700 club who slander and backbite.

Since there seems to be an agenda of correlating 'bad' behavior with Christianity, why not do it directly, instead of relying on innuendo, implication, and allusion?

Glad you said it because that is basically why I want some Christians to do when they decide to backbite people even though its against their religion. I want Christians to publicly admit their religious transgression instead of blaming Satan or the devil or because they're human. Why not say what you feel negatively in public. I believe then and only then not only you're going to be honest to said person, but you're presenting your negative transgression in the open by causing public dissent through negative feelings for another human being. So instead of some Christians hiding behind their humanity proclaiming that "we're all human," take responsibility for your disdain and hate for other people. Tell the individual publicly, that way, not only are you openly honest, you're personal and deep down views are open to God himself that way you're public about the very things Jesus spoke out against.

Is this a decent summary for the thread, so far?

Not even close but I remixed it for you in my previous responses.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
That all you got?

It's a shame. You talking about all this intellect you have and you cop out by calling names and running away. I guess my healthy observstion of you stands after all.

No. It's all your responses are very childish. I presume you're young (I'm young as well but my attitude is quite mature when it comes to this situation) because your responses are what I expect someone of high school age would say.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
No. It's all your responses are very childish. I presume you're young (I'm young as well but my attitude is quite mature when it comes to this situation) because your responses are what I expect someone of high school age would say.

Says the man that lashed out and insulted someone else intelligence because he was told he is just as human as everyone else.

Gotcha

Some self reflection would do you good.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ok that didn't sound like the message you were posting to me previously. This, what you said is the crux of my point. I've experienced and I'm sure you have seen many Christians that tend to sit in judgment of others but transgress the very same Bible they proclaim to believe in.

The advice against backbiting is very strong;

"..That seeker should, also, regard backbiting as grievous error, and keep himself aloof from its dominion, inasmuch as backbiting quencheth the light of the heart, and extinguisheth the life of the soul..."

From memory, It is said the effects endure for a century.

Regards Tony

InChrist

Free4ever
He was a newly recovering drug addict, and I think the lying became part of his addict lifestyle. So much so that it became sort of automatic. He's been clean and sober for many years, now, and I assume the lying hasn't been an issue for him anymore, either.

I often think about how hard that must have been, to do, though. And therefor how difficult it is for people in general to face their own bad habits, like 'back-biting', and gossiping, and scape-goating and so on. Still, I think we owe it to ourselves and everyone else to own up to these kinds of things, and to do what it takes to extinguish them. And I thought that this was supposed to be one of the main functions of religious practice. But is it?

I think it is if one claims to belong to Christ ...

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:8-9

And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming. If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him. 1 John 2:28-29