• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Azrael Antilla vs Link (Islamic dress code and society enforcement)

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I really enjoyed our conversation and debate. No going left, right and everywhere else. We were on point and made our points. It was a pleasant conversation.

I want to say I believe sexual love needs to be controlled, honed, and orderly guided. I believe the chaotic approach leads to many problems in society.

With that, I thank you and wish you a pleasant day.

Azrael Antilla

I really enjoyed our conversation and debate. No going left, right and everywhere else. We were on point and made our points. It was a pleasant conversation.

I want to say I believe sexual love needs to be controlled, honed, and orderly guided. I believe the chaotic approach leads to many problems in society.

With that, I thank you and wish you a pleasant day.
Everything has it's cost. Including personal autonomy. Including sexual liberalism. Including all human rights legislation and other temporal laws.

It's whether you value power over others more than letting people make their own choices and thus mistakes.

How can you learn critically if you're taught to obey?

How can you advance?

Modesty is a perception. Not objectively qualified. For some people's, a loin cloth is modest enough. Since the temperature is high all the long day and the antelope won't chase themselves to exhaustion.

Your cultural norms. Are entirely subjective.

There are ways of dressing that provoke sexual responses. How people respond is the issue. They are the censors of themselves, and if they weren't sexually insecure or repressed, then it would not matter if that boy is wearing lipstick or that girl is wearing a bikini. Like it doesn't to me. I dont even notice. No-one cares here. People dress how they like here. This is Cambridge. The city of a thousand cultures. Burkhas and bikinis..

Shadow11

Authoritarianism never works out good are they going to start whipping people in the public square for wearing the wrong cloths.Just what kind of punishment would you plan for those who will not submit. If you want to implement it state the punishment for not obeying.

MyM

In this case, I think enforcing modesty on society has minimal inconvenience while much benefits arise. This include a society that is not prone to dishonor, mistrust, and also it's needed for family stability.

I think it would be very difficult to impose a dress code to a country that already tasted the freedom of not having one. I totally believe that women have every right to choose or refuse, but in saying that, in Islam, women are supposed to cover by the command of their Creator. In saying that, also from the Christian Bible perspective it says for women to cover their hair but no one pays attention to it because they don't agree with it. So kinda hard to get a people, especially a majority runned country to adhere to a dress code if they don't even follow their own religious dress code. But that's my opinion. :)

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think it would be very difficult to impose a dress code to a country that already tasted the freedom of not having one. I totally believe that women have every right to choose or refuse, but in saying that, in Islam, women are supposed to cover by the command of their Creator. In saying that, also from the Christian Bible perspective it says for women to cover their hair but no one pays attention to it because they don't agree with it. So kinda hard to get a people, especially a majority runned country to adhere to a dress code if they don't even follow their own religious dress code. But that's my opinion. :)

No one is saying force it, but rather, enlighten society about it so that they implement it as part of modesty laws in public. If majority of a society believes in it, per enlightenment of it's benefits, then it is to be implemented.

MyM

No one is saying force it, but rather, enlighten society about it so that they implement it as part of modesty laws in public. If majority of a society believes in it, per enlightenment of it's benefits, then it is to be implemented.

There's always hope of enlightenment but you must have control over the media and in the West that will never happen. The media is controlled. But, there is always hope to enlighten people through da'wa like talk shows that are Islamically based, or have a spot on the radio, if allowed, or certain banners or just television coverage every now and then. Perhaps then enlightenment would start to increase.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There's always hope of enlightenment but you must have control over the media and in the West that will never happen. The media is controlled. But, there is always hope to enlighten people through da'wa like talk shows that are Islamically based, or have a spot on the radio, if allowed, or certain banners or just television coverage every now and then. Perhaps then enlightenment would start to increase.

Surah Kahf is God's version of "never say never, in neverland" :)

We'll see what happens.

MyM

Surah Kahf is God's version of "never say never, in neverland" :)

We'll see what happens.

Hey I'm all for enlightenin people :D But since I grew up in the West it is indeed difficult. Once I was wearing my hijab, I was pregnant 6 months-and I was riding my bicycle (I taught aerobics back then so I was really active), and I was riding a my bike to my sister's house and a guy came out of a restaurant and started pretending to shoot me with his gun yelling at me to go back to my country lol . wth lol I mean, ignorance runs rampant or I guess I should say, evil. So I am all for enlightening people to know and understand Islam. That is why I started that thread about ask Islam (without the bashing and ridicule. :)