• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ayyam-i-Ha starts sunset of February 25th

arthra

Baha'i
Late in February starts a four day period of gift exchanges and fun gatherings among Baha'is and their friends:

What is Ayyami-i-Ha?

Ayyam-i-Ha, or the Intercalary Days, is a period dedicated to socializing, being hospitable, giving generously to the poor and needy, and preparing for the upcoming month of fasting. Depending on the year, Ayyam-i-Ha will vary in its duration and it is composed of the excess of days that fall outside of the 19 months of 19 days (if you’re curious, here’s more information about the Baha’i, or Badi, Calendar). In the Kitab-i-Aqdas, Baha’u’llah writes:

"Let the days in excess of the months be placed before the month of fasting. We have ordained that these, amid all nights and days, shall be the manifestations of the letter Ha, and thus they have not been bounded by the limits of the year and its months. It behooveth the people of Baha, throughout these days, to provide good cheer for themselves, their kindred and, beyond them, the poor and needy, and with joy and exultation to hail and glorify their Lord, to sing His praise and magnify His Name; and when they end—these days of giving that precede the season of restraint—let them enter upon the Fast." 1

Read more at:

An Introduction to Ayyam-i-Ha - Baha'i Blog

arthra

Baha'i
Ayyam-i-Ha along with the nineteen day Fast and Naw-Ruz to follow are parts of the Badi Calendar in used among Baha'is … The following video explains:

arthra

Baha'i
cal_2019.jpg

arthra

Baha'i
I've been interested in how our calendars of the various Faiths work and for Baha'is in the next month or so we have several important dates and so thought I would share them here on this forum...

Baha'is do have a unique calendar which is solar. Our day begins at sunset and our year begins on March 20th - 21st (Naw-Ruz) which is the ancient Persian New Year. The end of February of the Gregorian calendar we have four to five days called "Ayyam-i-Ha" which are days of exchanging gifts, sharing food and having fellowship. Ayyam-i-Ha starts on February 25th this year. After Ayyam-i-Ha we have a nineteen day Fast from food and drink between sunrise and sunset, there are exemptions from Fasting for Baha'is who have medical issues, hard labor or travelling. Children up to fifteen years of age are exempt.

After the Fast we have the Baha'i New Year (Naw-Ruz) on March 20th the Vernal Equinox and this year for Baha'is will be 177 of the Baha'i Era (B.E.). Following the Fast I can tell you Naw-Ruz is very welcome indeed and usually includes picnics, banquets, etc.