• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ayahuasca: Shamanic Herbs Produce Visions of ETs

yuvgotmel

This thread is created because of interest on the subject. Below are excerpts from a Coast to Coast AM show (from Tuesday November 1st, 2005) that aired a program concerning opening consciousness through a Shamanic drug that also produces visions of extra-dimensional beings.

Best selling author Graham Hancock spoke about his latest book, Supernatural, which delves into the origins of humankind and the wisdom he gleaned from experiences with shamans in South America. Something altered human consciousness around 40,000 years ago, and Hancock suspects it could have been an interaction with supernatural or other-dimensional beings. The ancient depiction of such beings resembles the grey aliens of today, and he suggested they may be the same entities.

During trips to the Amazon rainforest, under the tutelage of tribal shamans, Hancock said he drank a hallucinogenic brew called Ayahuasca on 11 different occasions. He reported being transported into a "very convincing reality" where he telepathically communicated with intelligent beings. He also experimented with the substance ibogaine, which seemingly allowed him to get into contact with the dead. ...
61hknD2lzpL._AA240_.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1932857400/ctoc
... Hancock's quest takes him on a detective journey from the stunningly beautiful painted caves of prehistoric France, Spain, and Italy to rock shelters in the mountains of South Africa, where he finds extraordinary Stone Age art. He uncovers clues that lead him to the depths of the Amazon rainforest to drink the powerful hallucinogen Ayahuasca with shamans, whose paintings contain images of "super-natural beings" identical to the animal-human hybrids depicted in prehistoric caves. Hallucinogens such as mescaline also produce visionary encounters with exactly the same beings.

Scientists at the cutting edge of consciousness research have begun to consider the possibility that such hallucinations may be real perceptions of other "dimensions." ...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Thanks for posting this. I'm definitly going to have to check that book out.

Too bad I'll probably have an extremely hard time getting ahold of this brew to try it myself.

Japaholic

that aired a program concerning opening consciousness through a Shamanic drug that also produces visions of extra-dimensional beings.

Scientists at the cutting edge of consciousness research have begun to consider the possibility that such hallucinations may be real perceptions of other "dimensions." ...

You should research 5 - Meo - Dymethyltryptamine (5-meo-dmt) in an effort to reach otherworldly beings.

See various aboriginal / shamanic uses throughout history....

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Thanks for posting this. I'm definitly going to have to check that book out.

Too bad I'll probably have an extremely hard time getting ahold of this brew to try it myself.

Should you like to try/learn... I can tell you how to get ahold of such things to make it yourself. While the chemicals are illegal in a manufactured sence, it is legal in a natural sence..... it is easy to get ahold of that which one needs to make the brew. Making it is another matter, but it is not so hard. Yet, it is not for the faint of heart! :)

Ayahausca is a very wonderful thing, for many. The Peruvian Shamans have used it to treat heroin addiction with a better success rate than modern medicine.

I do love Graham Hancock's books, but some information in them is built upon faulty information.... one should know that when reading his books (I have read all of them).

If I were either of you two, I'd look at Ayahuasca as you would Peyote. If you are not ready for the expirience, then you should not do such things... nor research them! If you are thinking you are ready to do such things, you'd best have somebody who understands such things a bit more than a first timer.

I can also warn you, the making of Ayahuasca causes fumes and a stench..... that smell will make you "high".... If you are not ready for that, then you will not be able to finish it nor drink it once it is done! Also, if you have the opportunity to do such a thing, be warned: Some call it by a bad name! It will make you vomit.... or let go of it via the hole towards your other end! :yes:

It is not hard to get ahold of the items needed. There are many sites such as: Shaman Herbs - Buy Quality Ethnobotanicals, Salvia Divinorum, Blue Lotus, Extracts and Accessories at Wholesale Prices! (Powered by CubeCart) where one can legally purchase what one needs. Making the sacred brew is another matter.... dealing with it, yet another....... any questions, let me know and I'll be happy to walk you through it; though I cannot walk you through your journey with it!

Last edited:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Should you like to try/learn... I can tell you how to get ahold of such things to make it yourself. While the chemicals are illegal in a manufactured sence, it is legal in a natural sence..... it is easy to get ahold of that which one needs to make the brew. Making it is another matter, but it is not so hard. Yet, it is not for the faint of heart! :)

Ayahausca is a very wonderful thing, for many. The Peruvian Shamans have used it to treat heroin addiction with a better success rate than modern medicine.

I do love Graham Hancock's books, but some information in them is built upon faulty information.... one should know that when reading his books (I have read all of them).

If I were either of you two, I'd look at Ayahuasca as you would Peyote. If you are not ready for the expirience, then you should not do such things... nor research them! If you are thinking you are ready to do such things, you'd best have somebody who understands such things a bit more than a first timer.

I can also warn you, the making of Ayahuasca causes fumes and a stench..... that smell will make you "high".... If you are not ready for that, then you will not be able to finish it nor drink it once it is done! Also, if you have the opportunity to do such a thing, be warned: Some call it by a bad name! It will make you vomit.... or let go of it via the hole towards your other end! :yes:

It is not hard to get ahold of the items needed. There are many sites such as: Shaman Herbs - Buy Quality Ethnobotanicals, Salvia Divinorum, Blue Lotus, Extracts and Accessories at Wholesale Prices! (Powered by CubeCart) where one can legally purchase what one needs. Making the sacred brew is another matter.... dealing with it, yet another....... any questions, let me know and I'll be happy to walk you through it; though I cannot walk you through your journey with it!

Hi! Would you mind sharing more about this? This intrigues me. How did you come about finding this...all of this? What prompted you to research this?

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Hi! Would you mind sharing more about this? This intrigues me. How did you come about finding this...all of this? What prompted you to research this?

I am interested in many things! :yes:

Via my Anishinabe background, I found other Native Americans who helped me with North American things.... kinicknick, sweet grass, etc....

I branched out, and as Mel pointed out the book: Graham Hancock is one of my favorite authors. I researched the subject of Ayahausca, Peruvian Shamans, dimethyltriptamine, etc... I found the information I needed. I found how to legally purchase the items needed, found instructions from those who "know some", I asked others how they have done other drugs, etc...... I expirimented with the best knowledge I could find, combined it with knowledge for the other half.... and eventually I figured it out.

Ayahausca to me is not a drug.... nor is peyote or other things used in Shamanistic or Native American rituals! The best information comes straight from those people....

I came across it from merely hearing about it..... I researched it for it seemed intriguing to me as well..... I have not made the brew for about a year now, but I have made the smoke for a few others this past year. I only do so for those that re truly interested in the knowledge they can gain from it, not those that wish to "try a new drug" or "get high" or "hallucinate", etc.....

I'd be happy to speak to you via email or PM, for I'm not sure how the site treats such a thing. (I got warned about Absinthe here once, I can only imagine how they'd view this sort of thing!) :)

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Thanks for the info! It seems fascinating. I'm going to read up on it and will get back to you with any questions.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Thanks for the info! It seems fascinating. I'm going to read up on it and will get back to you with any questions.

Just know that it is not a "drug", it is not a way to meet ET! It is a spiritual expieience, a healing medicine, a journey.....

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I have always been interested in this,i studied South American Indians for a play i was in and the ceromony was in the play,at first i studied the Jivaro and then broadened my search,i think some called it Natema.
In Britain we have Magic Mushrooms which are not illegal unless they are dried which people use for the Hallucigenic properties but the Ancient Britons used for a simmilar purpose but i have seen the Ayahuasca ceremony a few times and it does seem incredibly strong.