• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Axe of Perun pendant

Toxikmynd

Demir
I've been wanting a mjolnir or Axe of Perun pendant for awhile and I ended up getting the Axe of Perun.. I do ask myself why I didn't get a mjolnir instead but I guess it's because I was drawn the axe more. I also believe that Perun is really just the Slavic version of Thor, so I'm not concerned, as soon as I have money though I will be getting a mjolnir as well.
perun.jpg

That's the Axe of Perun that I got.

thor2.jpg

This is the mjolnir I'm saving up for.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Both are very nice! :) May Thor and Perun/Perkunas bless and protect you. Wear them with pride and in the best of health and vigor.

Personally, being a Jarlsberg (semi-firm :D) Polytheist I think Thor, Perun and Perkunas are the same deity seen through cultural lenses. Many deities are not the same, but I believe there are some who are.

Are the axe and hammer bronze? If they are, make sure you clean them often, unless you like the patina that forms. My first Mjöllnir is bronze. Bronze actually looks like gold (it's copper and tin; brass is copper and zinc). To keep it clean use a polishing cloth, and occasionally a paste made of lemon juice and baking soda. I use a polishing cloth only on my silver Mjöllnir.

Toxikmynd

Demir
Both are very nice! :) May Thor and Perun/Perkunas bless and protect you. Wear them with pride and in the best of health and vigor.

Personally, being a Jarlsberg (semi-firm :D) Polytheist I think Thor, Perun and Perkunas are the same deity seen through cultural lenses. Many deities are not the same, but I believe there are some who are.

Are the axe and hammer bronze? If they are, make sure you clean them often, unless you like the patina that forms. My first Mjöllnir is bronze. Bronze actually looks like gold (it's copper and tin; brass is copper and zinc). To keep it clean use a polishing cloth, and occasionally a paste made of lemon juice and baking soda. I use a polishing cloth only on my silver Mjöllnir.

Yes they are both bronze, I wanted my pendants to be lively so the patina sort of adds an extra dimension so even though I get a haircut, they get a wipe ahah :)

The person I ordered it from lives in the Ukraine, so it will take about a month to get here. I thought "Hmm, I could just buy one more local" but why not get a Slavic pendant from someone in a Slavic country? I only paid $10 shipping.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I wanted my pendants to be lively so the patina sort of adds an extra dimension

A lot of people do like the patina. I may eventually let it form on my bronze hammer, but if I do I'll take it off the gold chain and use a leather lanyard or a non-reactive metal. Copper makes me turn green, but I wear it anyway. :)

Toxikmynd

Demir
I'm using a gold chain that used to have a locket with a picture of my Dad and Uncle when they were little but they locket broke and I never got it fixed, but the chain is beautiful.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Of course you realize the locket should be in your shrine (if you have one) as a relic of your ancestors. ;)

Toxikmynd

Demir
Of course you realize the locket should be in your shrine (if you have one) as a relic of your ancestors. ;)

Well of course it should! Yet somehow when I moved from my old house (Now renting to Grandparents and by renting I mean we pay all the bills and they just sit around and watch Westerns all day, which is how it should be, they've earned it) I seem to have misplaced it. I'll keep looking for it though :p

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
We have reason to believe that Mjolnir was not just a hammer, but a hammer with an axe-head on one side. As Thor/Donar/Perun/Perkun began to change slightly from one another, the 'half' notion was apparently lost. So Perun-Perkuns wielded an axe & Thor-Donar a Hammer. The axe motiff, however, can still be quite clearly seen in the most ancient examples of Mjolnir.