• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

awesome voices in music

ayani

you know how some folks just have awesome voices? man, there are some that just.... there's something about 'em.

what do you think? who's on the top of your "best voices in music" list?

mine would have to include mark knopfler, bruce springsteen, and john fogerty. good stuff.

cardero

Citizen Mod
gracie said:
you know how some folks just have awesome voices? man, there are some that just.... there's something about 'em.

what do you think? who's on the top of your "best voices in music" list?

mine would have to include mark knopfler, bruce springsteen, and john fogerty. good stuff.
Gracie the best part about those choices is how unique each one is. I would add one more to the list (if this voice hasn't been chosen yet) Michael McDonald of the Doobie Brothers. He's so smooth he could sing for carpet commercials and I would buy one.

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
Looks like I've different taste in music.

My favorite singer is a Canadian Singer named Bif Naked. Love her.

For voices I really like:
Linda Perry from 4 Non blondes,
Amy Lee from Evanescence,
The two singers from System of a down

and on a side note my favorite song ever is What a wonderful world by Louis Armstrong.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
One of my favourites was (is) Paul Robeson, with the following being IMO the best:-

Ol' Man River,All God's Chillun Got Wings,Lazybones,River Stay Away From My Door,
Song Of The Volga Boatmen:)

ayani

michel-

i grew up with paul robeson's voice all over the house. my father's favorite musical was "showboat", and we had all these recordings.

wonderful voice on that man, i agree.

Circle_One

Original Freak said:
Looks like I've different taste in music.

My favorite singer is a Canadian Singer named Bif Naked. Love her.
I'm with you on this one Original Freak, I love her. I met Bif a few years ago at Warped Tour, she's extremely nice and tons of fun.

I'd like to add Bradley Nowell from Sublime, he had such an amazing voice. Mike Ness from Social Distortion, Stiv Bators from The Dead Boys, Darby Crash from The Germs and definitely Nico.