• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Award Winners

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Please join me in congratulating the award winners for this round:

Shield of Research: Caladan, Jayhawker Soule

Shield of The Renaissance Woman: Penumbra

Shield of The Writer: Penumbra

Shield of Peace: 4consideration

Shield of the Jester: lewisnotmiller

Shield of The Ambassador: crossfire, Vouthon

Shield of Love: Debater Slayer

Shield of Creativity: dyanaprajna2011

Shield of Valour: Dirty Penguin

Shield of The Veteran: Willamena

We received alarming complaints that acceptance speeches on RF are rather brief. So an emotional acceptance speech would be nice. Utterly falling apart from joy would be even better.

Congratulations everyone!

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
Ok, ok. It's been brought to my attention that I have won an award. After nearly four years, 5000 posts, and 500 frubals, I just want to say:

What in the holy frack were you people thinking?!

Oh wait, I mean, thank you all very much for your love, support, and something or other.

I'm just falling apart and in tears with joy over here (as per Badran's request; either that, or it's the beer :p ).

I'd like to give a special shout out to Revoltingest, particularly for the bacon, and all the help on what to do when your under-garments get stuck in your truck door.

But seriously guys: what the h3!! were you thinking?! :p

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
First off, sincere congratulations to all winners. It's nice to see some people who have helped me, and made my time here both more interesting and more substantial, be recognized by others on the site.

As for me winning the Shield of the Jester, I'm a little confused. Everything I have said since I joined this site has been completely and utterly serious. I can only assume those who voted for me misunderstand my deep and profound statements as off the cuff fart jokes.

;)

We received alarming complaints that acceptance speeches on RF are rather brief. So an emotional acceptance speech would be nice. Utterly falling apart from joy would be even better.

I'd love to comply with this...really. Especially since I was probably one of the complainers mentioned...lol...
But I can't waste an opportunity like this, a forum like this, and my moment in the spotlight of the world's media (ahem...) to make some emotive ranting speech declaring myself insane with joy, and completely lacking in underpants.

No...instead, I need to make use of this platform in a self-righteous attempt to appear deep and thoughtful. To hold the audience hostage as I ram home poorly considered political points with all the enthusiasm and clumsiness of a 14 year old boy unleashed in a brothel with a handful of fivers. I will, in short, spout a bunch of crap I believe makes me sound oh so clever, and expect you all to applaud at the end of it.

At least, I would if I had a topic. Anyone got a suggestion? Anyone??

:shrug:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Thank you. I shall continue to endeavor to represent all nebulous mystics both nebulously and mystically. **curtsey**

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
First off, sincere congratulations to all winners. It's nice to see some people who have helped me, and made my time here both more interesting and more substantial, be recognized by others on the site.

As for me winning the Shield of the Jester, I'm a little confused. Everything I have said since I joined this site has been completely and utterly serious. I can only assume those who voted for me misunderstand my deep and profound statements as off the cuff fart jokes.

;)

I'd love to comply with this...really. Especially since I was probably one of the complainers mentioned...lol...
But I can't waste an opportunity like this, a forum like this, and my moment in the spotlight of the world's media (ahem...) to make some emotive ranting speech declaring myself insane with joy, and completely lacking in underpants.

No...instead, I need to make use of this platform in a self-righteous attempt to appear deep and thoughtful. To hold the audience hostage as I ram home poorly considered political points with all the enthusiasm and clumsiness of a 14 year old boy unleashed in a brothel with a handful of fivers. I will, in short, spout a bunch of crap I believe makes me sound oh so clever, and expect you all to applaud at the end of it.

At least, I would if I had a topic. Anyone got a suggestion? Anyone??

:shrug:

You can explain how cashews grow.

Or why dog hair can wind up in the weirdest places (like my blanket stored in the hall closet).

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
Wow, I am surprised and honored by this award. Lucky me :angel2:

As stated previously, I am truly happy to see other posters whom I have had hearty and enlightening interactions with being recognized. Congratulations to all of you :bow:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
You can explain how cashews grow.

You expect me to write a post with the impassioned pleading of a 14 year old boy in a brothel with a bunch of fivers about how CASHEWS grow?
That is clearly a difficult task, and beyond my meager capacity.

(If you had have said MACADAMIA NUTS...whoo boy...but cashews? Nup, sorry)
Or why dog hair can wind up in the weirdest places (like my blanket stored in the hall closet).

This I can perhaps run with. But it wasn't an explanation for anything I was looking to write, but instead a political grandstanding exercise. So lessee...lessee...*thinks*...*ponders*...

How's this?

Ladies and gents, thank-you sincerely for the ridiculously enthusiastic applause. I appreciate it when the little folk recognize me, really I do. But as much as today is all about me, as humble as I am I needed to talk about another matter. I needed to use this platform bestowed on me by my amazingness to turn your thoughts to more serious issues.

Dog-loving is wrong, people. And I'm not talking, here, about keeping a pet, throwing him the occasional tennis ball, and letting him sleep in the laundry. I'm talking about the more insidious kind of dog love. The kind of dog love that spawned terms like 'well-bred'. Or 'doggy-style'. Or even 'Schmakos' (which I can only assume is some sort of kinky sex game).
The kind of dog-love where your partner starts getting dirty doggy-looks when he dares to crawl into bed with you, since you're taking HIS spot.

Dogs are our friends. Our best friends. And everyone knows that you don't jump into bed with your best friend, no matter how long his tongue is.

So remember. No doggy love means no doggy hair in the hall closet. And if anyone can explain to me why Mystic refers to her private parts as a 'hall closet', I'd be happy to hear it.

Thank-you for your attention.

(How'd I do?)

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
You expect me to write a post with the impassioned pleading of a 14 year old boy in a brothel with a bunch of fivers about how CASHEWS grow?

This I can perhaps run with. But it wasn't an explanation for anything I was looking to write, but instead a political grandstanding exercise. So lessee...lessee...*thinks*...*ponders*...

How's this?

Ladies and gents, thank-you sincerely for the ridiculously enthusiastic applause. I appreciate it when the little folk recognize me, really I do. But as much as today is all about me, as humble as I am I needed to talk about another matter. I needed to use this platform bestowed on me by my amazingness to turn your thoughts to more serious issues.

Dog-loving is wrong, people. And I'm not talking, here, about keeping a pet, throwing him the occasional tennis ball, and letting him sleep in the laundry. I'm talking about the more insidious kind of dog love. The kind of dog love that spawned terms like 'well-bred'. Or 'doggy-style'. Or even 'Schmakos' (which I can only assume is some sort of kinky sex game).
The kind of dog-love where your partner starts getting dirty doggy-looks when he dares to crawl into bed with you, since you're taking HIS spot.

Dogs are our friends. Our best friends. And everyone knows that you don't jump into bed with your best friend, no matter how long his tongue is.

So remember. No doggy love means no doggy hair in the hall closet. And if anyone can explain to me why Mystic refers to her private parts as a 'hall closet', I'd be happy to hear it.

(How'd I do?)

Oh goody, a Politician! :D

**puts on my rubber gloves**

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

How's this?

(How'd I do?)

Not bad. But it got me thinking that RF needs to have an award for horniness and name it after me.