• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Avoiding depression symptoms from Coronavirus

Riders

Please feel free to put up your ideas on how to combat the loneliness and depression from the shut down from the ugly old coronavirus,

Mine is two fold, 3 Fold really meditation, going to 12 step meetings through the phone or online meetings, and also attending religious service through the live stream and internet.

I especially like my Zen budda meetings.

Riders

Get outside somehow -or sit by a window if you can't (so your body still makes vitamin D), exercise (releases endorphins), watch comedies, eat healthy foods, hug puppies and kitties if you have them

Thanks, I got my dog and cat Cali the calico cats and VEnus my chiwawa dog.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I would just continue on with home life as normal.

Oh yea. After you get the latest update.... Turn off the damn media!

Nothing drives the mind more insane than repetitive media driven sensory overload.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Please feel free to put up your ideas on how to combat the loneliness and depression from the shut down from the ugly old coronavirus,

Mine is two fold, 3 Fold really meditation, going to 12 step meetings through the phone or online meetings, and also attending religious service through the live stream and internet.

I especially like my Zen budda meetings.

I go out an jog daily. Work on the computer most the day. Go to the store. Do art. Things like that. I've always been a loner. Now that I finished school, I don't have to spend money to travel anywhere. So, I suggest doing something physical. Maybe read a book. Meditation is always good. Treat yourself like buying something from Amazon or go to the mall and walk around a bit without buying anything fancy. Walmarts are open. Ross. Michaels Arts.

Our church is doing online sermons through Zoom. We're a family church so it's a half sermon and half get together for talk and updates and support. Nothing traditional. The minister reads inspirational. We pray or mode of silence. Things like that.

I'm more confused than depressed. I don't like not knowing. So, maybe watch TedTalks etc.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Curious about the zen Buddha meeting. Is it a local group holding it online or a national group?

I've been doing a lot of movie parties where all of us sync up our Netflix or I stream/broadcast a movie with friends and family. Trying to eat healthy and exercise since that impacts my mood the most.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I've been working with my 18 year old "son" whose mother put him under quarantine due to her mother being immunocompromised. Some things that have helped him.
  • Meditation
  • Replacing one-on-one "hangouts" with friends with FaceTime conversations.
  • Replacing group "hangouts" with friends with Zoom meetings.
  • Reading
  • Exercise
I think we're more fortunate with technology than in the past, as there are means people have not had in prior generations to socialize virtually.

As for me, I'm fine, because I'm pretty used to a hermitic lifestyle.

Etritonakin

I don't watch much news or get out much, normally -so I was clueless until I saw the frozen burrito section at the store had been raided.

Riders

Curious about the zen Buddha meeting. Is it a local group holding it online or a national group?

I've been doing a lot of movie parties where all of us sync up our Netflix or I stream/broadcast a movie with friends and family. Trying to eat healthy and exercise since that impacts my mood the most.

If you go to Livestream check out San Francisco Zen center, they have zoom meetings and the info on their live stream .com web page. They are having a zoom meeting tonight at 9 pm central time.