• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Avi's Stocks and Bonds

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
This thread was inspired by our friend Iti Oji....who just got married....and now wants to become a stock tycoon...;)

So I thought I would open the discussion to the entire forum....questions about stocks......bonds....other financial instruments.....ask away....:D

Avi1001

Anyone have any thoughts about the effect of the oil price on the stock market....???

Today the market got hammered.....many believe because of the dropping cost of oil......what do you think.....????

And what about bonds...????....are you buying: short, intermediate or long term bonds...????

Last edited:

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Anyone have any thoughts about the effect of the oil price on the stock market....???

Today the market got hammered.....many believe because of the dropping cost of oil......what do you think.....????

And what about bonds...????....are you buying: short, intermediate or long term bonds...????

I can tell you Alaska is in trouble.

They foolishly set their future budget on higher oil prices.

Avi1001

I can tell you Alaska is in trouble.

They foolishly set their future budget on higher oil prices.

Deep, deep trouble....any state that produced Sarah Palin....must be evil...,:)......hehe.....lets not invest there....;)

Btw....in case you did not know....Avi's(TM) threads....are advice....with a liberal perspective....:D

Thanks...Ingle...!!!!

We also like feminist causes......anyone want to start a female owned business.....?.....visit....Avi's Entreprenuership thread:

Entreprenuership thread | Page 9 | ReligiousForums.com

We will be pleased to work with you on crowdfunding....!!!!

Last edited:

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Funny... just saw this. I already did a beginners brief for Oji before I saw this... I mention the fracking and shale and oil just a bit there in my reply.

Avi1001

Funny... just saw this. I already did a beginners brief for Oji before I saw this... I mention the fracking and shale and oil just a bit there in my reply.
Yes, Shiva...I was just reading it.....interesting.....where are you investing in bonds these days...????

Btw...I invest in gold ETFs....!!!

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Btw...I invest in gold ETFs....!!!

You might have done better to buy gold! :p
It's really jumped .... over the last week.
Markets are so volatile because it is so hard to assess knock-on affects of new communications and robotics in commerce, industry and professions.

And as for the retail trade......... that go in any direction.....

I couldn't even guess at a safe trade or profession any more.

Avi1001

You might have done better to buy gold! :p
It's really jumped .... over the last week.
Markets are so volatile because it is so hard to assess knock-on affects of new communications and robotics in commerce, industry and professions.

And as for the retail trade......... that go in any direction.....

I couldn't even guess at a safe trade or profession any more.

Here you go...OB:

GLD: Summary for SPDR Gold Trust- Yahoo! Finance

Where do you put those Pounds...???....what do you think of the Euro...?.....are you waiting for it to fail....???....;)

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I've had extremely good luck with a couple of Oppenheimer mutual stocks over the last decade, especially since they are heavy into foreign investments besides domestic. During the recession, the lowest I was down was 5%, and now I'm up over 30%.

Avi1001

I've had extremely good luck with a couple of Oppenheimer mutual stocks over the last decade, especially since they are heavy into foreign investments besides domestic. During the recession, the lowest I was down was 5%, and now I'm up over 30%.
That's excellent....congrats.....we"ll have to have a look at those....!!!!

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
What's a stock, bond and mutual fund? How do you i

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Goes and looks now.didn't.see the alert

Avi1001

Oil dropped below $50 per barrel....wow....what impact will this have on the economy....???!!.....how low can it go......????!