• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Automatic Writing

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I have deleted this post as I don't want it to disturb people with mental health issues

And it was a pretty disturbing post...

In it I recalled my experience with Automatic Writing: Automatic writing - Wikipedia

Long story short: Don't do it

It is an occult practice that nobody who claims to have a relationship with God should get involved with

Question: How may Automatic Writing be explained scientifically, as opposed to spiritually?

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
I have deleted this post as I don't want it to disturb people with mental health issues

And it was a pretty disturbing post...

In it I recalled my experience with Automatic Writing: Automatic writing - Wikipedia

Long story short: Don't do it

It is an occult practice that nobody who claims to have a relationship with God should get involved with

Question: How may Automatic Writing be explained scientifically, as opposed to spiritually?
By the ideomotor phenomenon: Ideomotor phenomenon - Wikipedia

People can perform actions of various kinds while in a trance.

Speaking as someone who generally advocates rationality, I dislike any attempt to undermine my conscious control of my mind, whether it be by emotion, peer pressure, drugs or hypnosis. So I would not be interested in dabbling in this stuff. I can easily imagine that if you are a person whose control of his mind can be a bit dodgy anyway, it is about the last thing you should try - unless under medical supervision.