• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Automatic writing

Decebal5

Hi everyone. I was looking recently into demonology. I read about a lot of demons but as i said in my first thread i don't think i'm ready for invocation or evocation. What do you all think about automatic writing ? Is it efficient in communicatig with demons and spirits ? Did it ever help you ?

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
What do you all think about automatic writing ?
I thinlk it is useful, but but I won't put a lot of trust in it.

Is it efficient in communicatig with demons and spirits ?
I'm not so sure. I always double check it, and make sure it's not my unconscious that is writing it.

Did it ever help you ?
It did some times, but I never really had a lot of success with it.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
The first direct and strong contact I ever had with a denizen of the otherworlds was through something that could be termed "automatic writing." I would not have used that term to describe it at the time, as this occurred long before I was aware that contemporary occultism even existed. For a time, I needed to use it to communicate with denizens of the otherworlds. Eventually, it became unnecessary, and as such, I've come to view it as inefficient (though definitely not as inefficient as elaborate ritualistic affairs). There's not much sense in worrying about efficiency when learning, though; it's about finding what works.

One thing I'll remark is that to do this stuff, one needs to learn to trust oneself. Push comes to shove, there is not really a difference between working with the otherworlds and using one's imagination. If you learn to take imagination seriously as a legitimate facet of reality, that will help. Imaginary =/= not real. Any writer will tell you that their "imaginary" characters can and do develop a life of their own and there's a sense of them being distinct entities. To those with a magical worldview, they are accepted as being distinct entities. You have to learn to let the song take you, and sing along with it. Unlearn, probably, what you learned from adults about what is and isn't real, and what is and isn't to be taken seriously.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Hi everyone. I was looking recently into demonology. I read about a lot of demons but as i said in my first thread i don't think i'm ready for invocation or evocation. What do you all think about automatic writing ? Is it efficient in communicatig with demons and spirits ? Did it ever help you ?

Automatic writing is the transcribing of a communication from a spirit or Daemon/divine spirit to a human being during a ritual working(s) or séance(s). I really am skeptical of it myself, but there have been historic "happenings" of this phenomenon by Magicians such as Dr. John Dee and his "Enochian Keys", Aleister Crowley and his "Book of the Law" or "Liber AL", and Michael Aquino and his "Book of Coming Forth by Night" and "The Diabolicon". I am open to the idea that it can occur, but one must always take heed as not to be deceived by one's own subconscious. Automatic writing is a very tricky business, and I just in all honesty don't fully trust it as the prudent skeptic that I am.

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
People mess around with a lot of methods, but honestly for the rookie a pendulum is the easiest way. Verbal communications aren't really necessary for the effectiveness of a ritual, and a yes/no response will do most of the time. You can buy them fancy or just get a fishing sinker and tie it to a cord of some type... It really doesn't matter. Figure out what the yes/no response is for you (slightly different for most folks) and then just ask everything you need to know in affirmative: "Do you accept this pact?", "Will you assist me?"... good enough... If those verbal communications happen they're usually dumb luck, and really have nothing to do with whether the powers you are calling in have come or not.

Last edited: