• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Auto theism

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
I’ve started calling myself an auto theist. I’m not worshipping myself, rather, it’s me recognizing my soul is a deity.
I believe man has divine power they can access. I believe man can reach god by their own means, using the power of mind and soul.
So, that’s what auto theism means to me. It’s something new I’m exploring so I don’t have a lot of thought on it yet. I’m reading the works of Plato and Aristotle will be next. They believed the soul is a deity, according to another book I’m reading. So that’s the path I’m taking to explore it more.
I was curious what auto theism is for other auto theists.
What exactly does this belief system look like for you? What do you do?
Tagging @RayofLight because they’re the only auto theist I know of on this site.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I’ve started calling myself an auto theist. I’m not worshipping myself, rather, it’s me recognizing my soul is a deity.
I believe man has divine power they can access. I believe man can reach god by their own means, using the power of mind and soul.
So, that’s what auto theism means to me. It’s something new I’m exploring so I don’t have a lot of thought on it yet. I’m reading the works of Plato and Aristotle will be next. They believed the soul is a deity, according to another book I’m reading. So that’s the path I’m taking to explore it more.
I was curious what auto theism is for other auto theists.
What exactly does this belief system look like for you? What do you do?
Tagging @RayofLight because they’re the only auto theist I know of on this site.
I have an altar to myself. I constantly work on self improvement and understanding myself. I sometimes invoke my self the spirit if you will when doing spellwork. I don't see myself as a god in the sense abrahamics see deity more so then I am my own deity in the sense I decide my own mortality and decide how I'll make my own choices and how I'll go about what I can control in deciding my own path. I put myself first above all else. I am divine as everything in this world is divine and sacred. Thus respecting the divinity in myself is a good thing.

Viker

Häxan
Saying that I am, or part of me, is deity is not enough for now. I believe in self empowerment and improvement, conditioning and preparation for any personal deification. I can then act as my own god working together with others to achieve the goal.

One has to set themselves free of the things that holds them back from this aspiration. If you need to change your career or find a new home, as example.

My goal is to become one with many gods.