• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Australia's TV impression on americans..

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
maike said:
WOW ...alot can happen in 4 years
Yes, it can. While Tasmania still has the highest unemployment rate of the country, employment has risen in the last four years; therefore unemployment has dropped. :bonk: http://www.abs.gov.au/websitedbs/c311215.nsf/20564c23f3183fdaca25672100813ef1/970ac1484cf90ff1ca256dd500825b3c!OpenDocument

SoulTYPE01 said:
SoulTYPE01 said:
Victoria the state of highest unemployment?

According to the above link, Victoria is on a par with QLD and NSW, with WA and ACT the only states significantly lower, and SA, NT and Tasmania higher.

SoulTYPE01 said:
You obviously know which town I live in then...:eek: :eek: :tsk:

Don't freak out lol she doesn't know which town...just the general area, cause you told me once.

Back on the subject of Aussie tv impressions...I'm curious as to what Australian tv shows are even aired in the US? I was talking to a friend of mine in Texas the other day, and was surprised to learn that she was watching an Aussie drama, 'McLeod's Daughters' while we were talking. I didn't even know it aired over there... Does anyone know of other Australian tv shows shown in the US?

linwood

regardless of whether we have an accurate idea of Australia and it`s people I think the vast majority of Americans have a pretty high opinion of Australia and it`s people .
If for no other reason then it may be the only place left on the planet where we can go without being looked upon as the anti-christ

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
LOL I watched that a little...that wasn't an Australian made show though - it was purely American. Rocko's accent was nearly as bad as that episode of The Simpsons... :rolleyes:

Bastet said:
LOL I watched that a little...that wasn't an Australian made show though - it was purely American. Rocko's accent was nearly as bad as that episode of The Simpsons... :rolleyes:
BLASPHEMY!! That Simpsons episode was gold, pure gold.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
maike said:
:cool:

lady_lazarus said:
That's odd, you know. That's odd, because according to the 2001 census results, 89.9% of the Tasmanian labour force had jobs in the week prior to the census, QUOTE]

WOW ...alot can happen in 4 years
:bonk:
Yes...apparently there has been some horrible anomaly whereby the employed and unemployed proportions of the population have reversed their positions. And as it's only the second week of January and the census is taken well into the year it's been less than 3 years.