• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Australia's TV impression on americans..

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Maize said:

:tsk: You are a bad boy TVOR, making me spit my juice everywhere. :p
...oh, I could make such a naughty comment here... :flirt: *sitting on my hands*

Aw man, but Steve Irwin is so cool!

*in his best Steve Irwin impression*

"Theh's a croc roight theh! Isn't she a beautie? And look at the coloration on this snayke!"

Gosh, I hope you Aussies don't think all Americans are like Jeff Corwin...

SoulTYPE

Bastet said:
...oh, I could make such a naughty comment here... :flirt: *sitting on my hands*
LOL..someone here does share a certain sense of humour;):tsk:

Now, judging from American tv, they share it as well:sarcastic

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
maike said:
I'm sorry to spoil the image but 85 % of Australians are white trash rednecks, 13 % are boring middle class office workers and 2% are wealthy.
I bet thats the same as the US or England or Germany or whatever.
I'm sorry, I'm not finding the particular category of your good self amongst those three...

SoulTYPE

Main person getting rich in Australia is Howard and his goons.

AHHH LOOK AWAY!

howard.jpg

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Soul -- I live in the US and have never met anyone who had a bad impression of Oz. Most people have the impression that it's a really cool place full of fascinating characters, fascinating fauna, and high adventure.

"What? Crocodile Dundee is not your typical aussie?"

maike

Bastet said:
Well, that's a charming little statistic you've pulled out of your rectal cavity...you're obviously one of the 85%, then?
Sorry to dissapoint, Im boring middle middle class. Nice house, cars, and stuff but not anywhere near wealthy. In fact I dont really desire any etra wealth.
Maybe Tassie is different to where you live but here the majorities are dole bludger losers in the metro areas and redneck hicks in rural areas.

SoulTYPE

maike said:
but here the majorities are dole bludger losers in the metro areas and redneck hicks in rural areas.
You should try lining up at Centrelink here. The lines go out he door.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
maike said:
Sorry to dissapoint, Im boring middle middle class. Nice house, cars, and stuff but not anywhere near wealthy. In fact I dont really desire any etra wealth.
Maybe Tassie is different to where you live but here the majorities are dole bludger losers in the metro areas and redneck hicks in rural areas.
That's odd, you know. That's odd, because according to the 2001 census results, 89.9% of the Tasmanian labour force had jobs in the week prior to the census, 60.9% of the labour force was working full time. The job categories break down as follows:
8.7% were managers and administrators
16.9% were 'professionals'
11.6% were associate professionals
12.4% were tradespeople
etc.
Have you had enough real figures yet, or do you want me to come up with some more that prove you shouldn't just pull figures from the air and tell us they're a fact?

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
SoulTYPE01 said:
Isn't Victoria the state of highest unemployment?
Wasn't during the census...93.2% of the labour force was employed the week before the census. The percentage employed has risen during two census periods.

SoulTYPE

LOL it seems I have lived always in high unemployment tows, such as Dandenong, Footscray, Bendigo, and sevral western suburns.

Here, in a town of 40,000 or so, I find it odd that there is more unemployment and crime here than Mebourne with like 5mill plus

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Smaller places have less available employment to begin with, but I have to say, I find the people on unemployment in small towns who refuse to do things like seasonal fruit picking because it's too much like hard work and beneath them beyond comprehension.
They just make me cross.

SoulTYPE

lady_lazarus said:
Smaller places have less available employment to begin with, but I have to say, I find the people on unemployment in small towns who refuse to do things like seasonal fruit picking because it's too much like hard work and beneath them beyond comprehension.
They just make me cross.
You obviously know which town I live in then...:eek: :eek: :tsk:

maike

:cool:

lady_lazarus said:
That's odd, you know. That's odd, because according to the 2001 census results, 89.9% of the Tasmanian labour force had jobs in the week prior to the census, QUOTE]

WOW ...alot can happen in 4 years
:bonk: