• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Australian politics be crazy

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
So, a feud between two Australian politicians in the far-right One Nation party lead to the party leader's chief of staff being banned from parliament, after which his rival smears blood on the party leader's office door, denies "recalling" it but then somehow admits to it anyway.

Full story:
Staffer banned from Parliament after scuffle left senator with hand injury

This is way more interesting than basically anything I've read recently about British politics (98% of which is Brexit related these days). Why can't all politics involve symbolically smearing blood on people's doors?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So, a feud between two Australian politicians in the far-right One Nation party lead to the party leader's chief of staff being banned from parliament, after which his rival smears blood on the party leader's office door, denies "recalling" it but then somehow admits to it anyway.

Full story:
Staffer banned from Parliament after scuffle left senator with hand injury

This is way more interesting than basically anything I've read recently about British politics (98% of which is Brexit related these days). Why can't all politics involve symbolically smearing blood on people's doors?
This makes me appreciate how polite our politics are here in Ameristan.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Why can't all politics involve symbolically smearing blood on people's doors?

It would be better than excrement for sure but I am curious about this "far-right" moniker. Since Australia seems very close in culture to western European nations I imagine the far-right label was/ is being used to denote or smear any party right of center as it was in past elections in Europe, I may be wrong.
Link for the One Nation website:
Home - onenation.org.au
From site:
Suspend All Foreign Aid and Focus on Fire and Flood Victims In Australia First - onenation.org.au
^ this makes sense^

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
It would be better than excrement for sure but I am curious about this "far-right" moniker. Since Australia seems very close in culture to western European nations I imagine the far-right label was/ is being used to denote or smear any party right of center as it was in past elections in Europe, I may be wrong.
No, it's not used like that today in Europe, and it's not used like that in Australia. This party is the party that thinks everyone should own guns, should kick muslims out of the country, and that climate change doesn't exist. They also protect, ahem, "free speech". More accurately known as "The right to use racial slurs and call you a commie if you disagree."
The leader of the party is, (not) coincidently a racist.

Last edited:

Stanyon

WWMRD?
No, it's not used like that today in Europe.

You must have a very short memory, it was used extensively on Marine Le Pen in France, most anyone supporting Brexit in the U.K., and more than a few that opposed Merkel in Germany and most recently the yellow vest protests in France.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Why can't all politics involve symbolically smearing blood on people's doors?

We do that symbolically here in the good old USA. We've not yet gotten to the point of fisticuffs on the floors of Congress and actually using blood, but who knows. We might get to that point.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
This makes me appreciate how polite our politics are here in Ameristan.
4639E28600000578-0-image-a-7_1510390028773.jpg

Stanyon

WWMRD?
The left has a fascination with poop, it seems some have not gotten past the anal stage and there is a study that proves this.

Some anti-Trumpeteers will probably spontaneously ejaculate if they click the spoiler
Classy+social+justice+no+this+isnt+india+but+s+will_05e5fc_5853176.jpg

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
We do that symbolically here in the good old USA. We've not yet gotten to the point of fisticuffs on the floors of Congress and actually using blood, but who knows. We might get to that point.
Pfft a bunch of wusses.
:rolleyes::p