• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Australia: Worst Drought on Record--Possible Evacuations--Food Shortage Worldwide

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
I don't know too much about this subject, but have heard there are reductions in the water rights for fruit growers etc, obviously this would impact the production of crops, but how much I don't know. Farmers have been suffering for years now. The suicide rate for males on farms has increased dramatically. I have not heard anything about any such evacuation plans for any city. Why would you evacuate a place?
They're looking at evacuating them because there's not a drop of water in either place and it's costing thousands of dollars a week to truck it in. It's been figured it'll be cheaper to relocate the inhabitants than continue to bring in water over the long term.
They've done nothing about it as yet, but last I heard it was a serious consideration.

kadzbiz

For your info guys, we've been having a nice steady rain here in Bendigo, being central Victoria, for the past couple of weeks. It sounds wonderful. Green grass is actually covering the land - I love it. Just thought you may be interested.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
For your info guys, we've been having a nice steady rain here in Bendigo, being central Victoria, for the past couple of weeks. It sounds wonderful. Green grass is actually covering the land - I love it. Just thought you may be interested.
Yeah, they were showing the green on the news last night. We had 15mm over the catchment areas yesterday, but even so, they're still only at 29% of capacity. It's bucketing down all over the state at the moment, according to the radar. Certainly is here.