• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Australia: Tax rise for low- and middle-income workers possible

danieldemol

Premium Member
'Australians are deeply worried about the surging cost of living, and next week's federal budget is the government's best opportunity to address those concerns before facing the potential wrath of voters in May.

Key points:
  • The federal government is considering whether to extend the low- and middle-income tax offset in the budget
  • Without the offset, low- and middle-income earners face a tax increase next financial year
  • High-income earners are set for a large tax decrease in 2024-25 when stage three of the government's tax cuts take effect'
Source: This is how a surgeon's taxes could fall $9,000 while nurses they work with pay more within the next couple of years

Rich conservatives looking after themselves at the expense of the needy? The Australian government needs to act now to prevent it.

In my opinion.

We Never Know

No Slack
'Australians are deeply worried about the surging cost of living, and next week's federal budget is the government's best opportunity to address those concerns before facing the potential wrath of voters in May.

Key points:
  • The federal government is considering whether to extend the low- and middle-income tax offset in the budget
  • Without the offset, low- and middle-income earners face a tax increase next financial year
  • High-income earners are set for a large tax decrease in 2024-25 when stage three of the government's tax cuts take effect'
Source: This is how a surgeon's taxes could fall $9,000 while nurses they work with pay more within the next couple of years

Rich conservatives looking after themselves at the expense of the needy? The Australian government needs to act now to prevent it.

In my opinion.

"Rich conservatives looking after themselves at the expense of the needy"

Isn't that the way they like it?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

Key points:

In my opinion.
In Holland the headlines were "rich get richer" (out of the misery going on now)

Also Bill Gates got a few billion extra

These billions must come from somewhere (nothing appears out of nothing)

We Never Know

No Slack
In Holland the headlines were "rich get richer" (out of the misery going on now)

Can you tell me anywhere, anytime where it wasn't.... the "rich get richer"

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yeah. If they only make 800 million instead of 1 billion they think they are bad off lol
That especially is a marker of those with wealth who came from wealth. Like when they cried over their wages being garnished after being bailed out during the Recession. They are still financially pulling in tons more than everybody else and complaining they just don't have enough. Everyone else is expected to be fiscally responsibly while those sorts clearly are not when they think they can't live off millions a year.

danieldemol

Premium Member

Bill Gates is making obscene amounts, but in his defence he is a philanthropist who spends a lot to help the disadvantaged and I dont think he is opposed to paying taxes either.

In my opinion.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Money buys influence. Influence creates power. Revolution happens when the rich go too far.
I think we should be peacefully undertaking revolution in Australia by increasing taxes on those who can well afford it to benefit those who can not afford it, and to do that it looks like it is going to be necessary to vote the Australian Liberal party out of power at the next election.

In my opinion.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I think we should be peacefully undertaking revolution in Australia by increasing taxes on those who can well afford it to benefit those who can not afford it, and to do that it looks like it is going to be necessary to vote the Australian Liberal party out of power at the next election.

In my opinion.

The LNP are always going on about what great money managers they are but hopefully people can now see the truth.

Heyo

Veteran Member

Key points:

In my opinion.
Why is it that every country in the western world has to copy the US - even when it is obvious that it's a bad thing?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Why is it that every country in the western world has to copy the US - even when it is obvious that it's a bad thing?

Continetinuity. It's a new word so I'm unsure of the spelling.

stvdv

Bill Gates is making obscene amounts, but in his defence he is a philanthropist who spends a lot to help the disadvantaged and I dont think he is opposed to paying taxes either.

In my opinion.
I don't like (understatement) Bill Gates "footprint" on other humans. And I don't call him "philantopist" at all

danieldemol

Premium Member
I don't like (understatement) Bill Gates "footprint" on other humans. And I don't call him "philantopist" at all
Your language here is vague, could you be more specific about what his "footprint" consists of?

In my opinion.

stvdv

Your language here is vague, could you be more specific about what his "footprint" consists of?

In my opinion.
Gates instilled (I saw straight through it from the beginning, but still very bad what he did to others) excess fear and dependancy on drugs for everyone during Covid, where this only applies to maybe 0.03% or less.

That I call the opposite of being Philanthropic, and he did earn billions by doing so, and I am sure, as in 100% sure, that him earning additional billions was no coincidence at all (he plans everything), proving he is not a philanthropist (but this title is the perfect veil used by many to impose their stuff on others)

I see Windows 10, 11 heading in the same direction "hegemony" and thereby even more control of each individual (he even seems to have a kind of God complex, I know what is best for others).

All Social Media are used for this also, by excessive and totally useless curbing Freedom of Speech and probably the next step will be to Control what you think, though that already started already Big Time by ads.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Gates instilled (I saw straight through it from the beginning, but still very bad what he did to others) excess fear and dependancy on drugs for everyone during Covid, where this only applies to maybe 0.03% or less.

That I call the opposite of being Philanthropic, and he did earn billions by doing so, and I am sure, as in 100% sure, that him earning additional billions was no coincidence at all (he plans everything), proving he is not a philanthropist (but this title is the perfect veil used by many to impose their stuff on others)

I see Windows 10, 11 heading in the same direction "hegemony" and thereby even more control of each individual (he even seems to have a kind of God complex, I know what is best for others).

All Social Media are used for this also, by excessive and totally useless curbing Freedom of Speech and probably the next step will be to Control what you think, though that already started already Big Time by ads.
I asssume you are referring to vaccines (which as far as I know are *not* drugs).

Gates was fairly criticised for suggesting patents for vaccines shouldn't be shared with developing countries, but his fears regarding the unvaccinated seem to be legitimate considering the deaths of over 6 million people worldwide from covid-19.

Governments have rightly sought to regulate windows monoplies.

Social media are *not* owned by Bill Gates as far as I know.

We actually agree on a lot :)

In my opinion

Brian2

Veteran Member

Key points:

In my opinion.

The pro the rich conservative Government will look after their people but no doubt there will be hand outs beyond what we can afford with this budget in an election year.
It is interesting that the Libs are using our tax money to advertise what the Commonwealth Government has done and trying to make it look as if they are an environment friendly Government when that is not the case.
I bet they are glad that Russian attacked Ukraine and that China is a potential threat, so they can made use fear and make defence spending an election issue also.

stvdv

I asssume you are referring to vaccines (which as far as I know are *not* drugs).

Gates was fairly criticised for suggesting patents for vaccines shouldn't be shared with developing countries, but his fears regarding the unvaccinated seem to be legitimate considering the deaths of over 6 million people worldwide from covid-19.

Governments have rightly sought to regulate windows monoplies.

Social media are *not* owned by Bill Gates as far as I know.

We actually agree on a lot :)

In my opinion
I meant drugs as in Big Pharma (pharmaceutical drugs)

I highly doubt the 6 million is accurate, at least in Holland they messed up the numbers big time by adding 100% of the normal flu numbers to covid in the first year (how stupid could they be)...reason was more than obvious, therefore distrusting them highly appropriate

At least the Microsoft Windows I think was really a good product Gates created (At least XP and Windows 7). Sadly (in a way) Linux developers were not focused on making a perfect equivalent and created a few hundred messy distros instead of 1 or 2 really good ones, but I understand, they did it because they enjoyed doing it, not to earn billions. And nowadays Linux is not too bad, though Windows runs much smoother in my experience

Social Media are not owned by Gates, hence I put it in a new alinea and used the word "also"

:)
Yes, I think we agree on most important things