• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Australia must be really rich

InChrist

Free4ever
The state of the world is extremely depressing, for various reasons. I'm a news junkie, myself, and always keeping up to date with news around the world. I wanted to be a professional journalist, actually. Honestly, that would probably end with me getting killed because I would **** off people/groups who could pull it off and make it look like an "accident", as has happened to many people to dug too deep. Oh, well. But I still have to know, otherwise I'm living a lie. I prefer to stare into the abyss and know what I am facing, even if it hurts. Otherwise the world will never change for the better. Knowledge is power. We all need to stop sheltering ourselves.

I mean, I was even called a "conspiracy theorist" by just mentioning the mRNA tech the Pfizer and Moderna shots are based on, to a coworker who is considering getting her first shot soon. That's how willfully ignorant many people are, and that's heart-breaking.
I appreciate this. It’s a great, insightful post. Personally, I would rather know the truth than be deceived, even when it is difficult. I do have some empathy for people to a certain extent since there’s a narrative being continuously pushed by governments and mainstream with huge financial ties to the pharmaceutical companies. Nevertheless, I think each person is responsible for seeking the truth about any given situation, rather than blindly believing what they are told.
Although you’re not a professional journalist, thanks for putting your investigative talents to work and sharing. It is very sad that some journalists must risk their lives by speaking out. Now, so many are just censored and shut down. It’s interesting to note though, that when those “conspiracy theories” start becoming reality, they are no longer conspiracy theories. Hopefully, more people wake up.

InChrist

Free4ever
To be fair, those imprisoned at Guantanamo Bay aren't US citizens and so technically aren't entitled to Constitutional protections. Regardless, the treatment of people there caused quite the scandal on the basis of human rights and even Obama promised to shut it down with much fanfare, although he ended up lying about that just as he lied with most of his promises. :rolleyes:

I'm used to knowing horrible things about my county. I accept that the US federal government is mostly a force for evil in the world and has been for decades. They literally have the blood of millions of people around the globe on their hands, all financed by our taxpayer dollars. Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade. But I still hope for better and that the ideals this dump was founded upon will have a revival/come to fruition. We can't bury our heads in the sand out of vain pride.
Yes, it is truly sad and disturbing. The ideals are there in the Constitution, Bill of Rights, etc., but the government doesn’t care what it does here or around the world. It doesn’t matter whether Democrat or Republican; the US government is a war mongering, power and money hungry entity. Here we go again, as they are ready to start a war with Russia.

InChrist

Free4ever
Neither is true as far as I can see. Both sites are known to be right leaning and biased. They’ve been claiming we are a police state for longer than I’ve been alive, so forgive my skepticism please
Current restrictions, rules and exposure sites
Of course, I’m not Australia so I don’t know the actual situation. I’ve never heard any reference to Australia before as a police state until the last year or so. But a few weeks ago, someone I know who does live in Australia said to me, “Australia was always a free and easy country, but its feeling more like a prison these days....getting more like a police state“.

Since you live there, you may be interested in this...

https://www.covidmedicalnetwork.com/open-letters/Open-letter-TGA.pdf