• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Australia must be really rich

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I recently posted a ranking of the most dangerous
jobs in Ameristan. Cops ranked 25th out of 25.
There are far more than "a few" bad cops if we
include all who issue illegal commands, or fail to
intervene when other cops commit wrongful acts.
Obviously the most dangerous job in Revoltistan is President.

What's second?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Ideally, police are not truly able to stop crimes. They should be the cleanup crew who cleans up the bodies, takes fingerprints, asks questions and keeps databases. They should be thought of like the fire department or the emergency medical service, not thought of as gunslingers.

Citizens ought to be the ones who deter crime, because in the end it is up to us if we want to have personal freedoms at all. How often can police actually deter crime? They have to wait until a crime has occurred. That's because we have a public trust. We trust one another to make the laws work. For example we drive at deadly speeds in opposite directions on the same pieces of asphalt. It works, because we have trust in each other. I trust you will stop at a red light. There is no police officer making you stop. You just stop.

Obviously there are times when we need help such as when our stores are getting looted, but there are groups that can help with that such as the national guard.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Australia must have tons of money available to pay so much police to go arrest a woman because she didn't show a vaccine passport.
Or that they have managed the crime situation better, so more policemen are available. Not observing the vax rules of a place is breaking law, so police must act.

Vee

Premium Member
I don’t think we technically have a mandate for vaccination. Businesses can of course choose their own policies regarding it. My work mandated the “no jab, no job” thing last year and gave this March as a deadline for staff compliance.
But bear in mind right now restaurants, cafes etc are required to check proof of vaccination, as far as I’m aware. And it’s a condition of entry to provide one when asked. Otherwise said establishments face fines for non compliance of health and safety guidelines.

Here in France they didn't make it mandatory but without the vaccine you have no life, so it's almost the same.
If I got to a coffee shop and order a drink to take away I don't need the pass, but I have to show it if I stay in. However, the pass is a QR code with my name and date of vaccination but no picture and it's illegal for business owners to check my ID. A lot of people here scanned their friends passes and that's what they show everywhere. No one knows who they really are. I don't know how many thousands of people use fake passes and aren't really vaccinated. It's pretty crazy.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
And all she had to do was show her vaccination details, it's really easy and takes about 20 seconds.

Not the point.
I think that is exactly the point

I followed Australia a bit, and it's like a police state when it comes to covid 19. They impose quite a bit on the Aussies.

And this was just another of their Hitler (dictator) like covid show offs.

And indeed, I wondered myself...all this money wasted to impose vaccination...it must pay off in the long run, otherwise they would not waste so much.

And I can already see to whom it pays off.

Yesterday I saw that the 10 richest billionaires doubled their billions thanks to covid, which proves to me (beyond any doubt), that covid is just about money, control and power. They used to go to war, but now they found another way to control and steal money. Welcome to WW3

Last edited:

Vee

Premium Member
Yesterday I saw that the 10 richest billionaires doubled their billions thanks to covid, which proves to me (beyond any doubt), that covid is just about money, control and power. They used to go to war, but now they found another way to control and steal money. Welcome to WW3

I think Covid is a very serious illness that can have dire consequences to many people and it should be taken very seriously, but like anything else, some take advantage. Money doesn't die and go to money heaven. It changes hands. In the last few years there has been a substantial transfer of wealth from the middle class to the rich, which are getting much, much richer. The way Covid has been handle facilitated that, but let's not forget that millions have died. Covid is not just about money, even if some behave as if it was.

stvdv

Covid is not just about money, even if some behave as if it was.
For sure it's not just about money

Definitely it's all about Power and Control too

Time will reveal, though in Holland we have already plenty of proof of all of these

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
It's not as dangerous as cops seem to think, given their
propensity to shoot civilians with very little basis for an
actual threat posed.
Maybe cops should be banned?
From your generalised defamation of police and policing, it's surely one of your wishes that they be defined, closed down and det employed at something else.

Others of us support better selection, training, field training, revision training, management and supervision.

I wonder which might be better for our communities?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
This came to my attention today:

Woman yells ‘you can’t arrest me’ as she’s arrested during cafe vaccine checks

I'm not going to comment on the insanity of the situation, but my first thought was - there are 4 or 5 police officers arresting this person! Like, Australia must have tons of money available to pay so much police to go arrest a woman because she didn't show a vaccine passport. One would think there are no real criminals there. If 5 police officers can afford to take the time (and car fuel) to take this woman into custody as if she was a serious threat to society, even though she doesn't react violently and doesn't seem to be carrying a weapon, that must mean the country has loads of resources, or they don't have any real crime to deal with, right? Lucky people...
Ah..... Thing is....
If the woman had been left there then a Covid rule would have been busted by video and media reports.
The police were careful to use female cops to handle everything.
If I was a female cop I wouldn'tind some back up in case everything kicked off on some crowd situation.

What some of us want to know is.....
Have you been supporting covid rules?
What would you have wanted done in that situation?

Here's your chance to show us the right response to a woman refusing to obey a goverentbrule/law.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that is exactly the point

I followed Australia a bit, and it's like a police state when it comes to covid 19. They impose quite a bit on the Aussies.

And this was just another of their Hitler (dictator) like covid show offs.

And indeed, I wondered myself...all this money wasted to impose vaccination...it must pay off in the long run, otherwise they would not waste so much.

And I can already see to whom it pays off.

Please do not cheapen the experiences of persecuted folks in Germany during the third Reich by comparing it to government mandates that have existed in my country for literally decades at this point, if not longer.

If a business fails to meet the agreed upon terms of government health and safety mandates, this includes recommendations made by experts in the medical authorities, then they are fined.
It’s been that way for a long time.
Well before COVID.

I hate my government and it’s itch to put people’s lives at risk for the sake of the economy. Just for the record. Something from a right wing leaning government at that. So don’t take this as some defence of my leaders. They’re all jerks who can take a long walk off a short pier as far as I’m concerned

As for these supposed overreaches due to the check ins, (for reference there are QR codes outside of businesses people scan for easy tracing in case one turns into an exposure site) I literally grew up in a society of 24/7 camera surveillance, don’t try that with me. The restrictions set upon us during the fallout of 9/11 are just as strict if not more so than the so called vax restrictions now. It’s a public health issue. If you don’t want to vax, fine. But during a pandemic there will be restrictions, or consequences for your choice. As we say here, suck it up. That’s just a matter of public health. The reasons the third Reich restricted and bullied people was because they were Jewish or gay. Innate qualities of a person (or subject to circumstance of birth.) Not remotely related.

Also just a little fun fact. All the richest and wealthiest around the world lined up for the vax as soon as they were able. Yeah it’s such a conspiracy that even the global elite fall over themselves to get. Seriously?

Last edited:

stvdv

Also just a little fun fact. All the richest and wealthiest around the world lined up for the vax as soon as they were able. Yeah it’s such a conspiracy that even the global elite fall over themselves to get. Seriously?
Elon Musk said he did not take it.

Below is my, pessimistic, view (opinion) for the future, with regard to our democracy:
We have not seen the end of this, not by far. For me it's very clear where it will end. It has dictatorship or police controlled (or whatever no sane human wants) written all over it.

For sure our democracy is finito (at least in Holland; gradually they sneakily (but obviously for those who are not brainwashed) push new laws and delete other laws

Proof that covid is abused is, that the 10 richest people doubled their riches (and here in Holland we have plenty of other proof of the sick unlawful acts in name of covid). Knowing this, I see the whole covid mess as WW3, but without immediate mass destruction.

Like any war. The rich, powerful people try to grab more power and money. This time it's worldwide and all governments work together

Time will tell (very soon) if my view is wrong. I hope I am wrong, but am 99% sure I'm right this time. And nothing we can do this time, because it's an "inside job".

With WW2, the outside (USA) could help fight the dictator. Alas, not this time

So, this dictatorship, IMHO, is much worse than Hitler (maybe not visible now, but it won't take long, before all wiil see it).

But seen from the bigger picture it makes even sense

Last edited:

stvdv

....but he was'nt seen in an Oz cafe without a mask.

:)
Not seen Elon. Strange, isn't it?

Australia is quite strict with masks. Maybe they have a new restriction "mask should cover eyes too".

Maybe that's why they didn't see Elon Mask

Last edited: