• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

August 2026: There Will Come Soft Rains

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I think I have posted about this before - the Ray Bradbury short story - There Will Come Soft Rains - and perhaps as to the poem by Sara Teasdale, where the last line is in my current signature. There was a radio broadcast in the UK as per the title, and searching for this I came up with two such recordings. One with the Bradbury title, made in 1962, and one as per the title, made in 1977. I think the later version fares better than the earlier one and why shouldn't it - even if the voices are in British English rather than American. :oops:

See what you think - less than 30 minutes listening (each). :eek:

1962: There Will Come Soft Rains

1977: August 2026: There Will Come Soft Rains

But one anomaly with these radio programmes, and presumably in the original story, was how come a reasonably advanced computer system operating and guarding the house didn't know that there were no live humans there (lack of such sensors?), and hence no need to do anything as to what it did actually do - as to meals and entertainment? o_O

PS Not long to wait! :coldsweat::disappointed:

Last edited: