• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Audiobooks

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I discovered this super weird but fascinating fictional story told in an abridged version about human civilization spanning billions of years... It's definitely worth a listen if you folks are interested in that sort of thing. It's called "All Tomorrows: The Future of Humanity." The visual aids for the various forms that humanity evolves into is also really cool! There's a minor smattering of bad language and biological concepts such as reproduction, but I personally feel that it was tastefully done.

Nick Gisburne is also someone on youtube who does readings of various literature, and even recites his own poetry. I highly recommend his videos, though the literature he tends to read is of a darker nature. Suits me fine. :D

There's something nice about just kicking back and listening to an audio book just to keep your mind running while you do mindless tasks (like chores). What stories do you folks enjoy listening to?

MikeF

Premium Member
I discovered this super weird but fascinating fictional story told in an abridged version about human civilization spanning billions of years... It's definitely worth a listen if you folks are interested in that sort of thing. It's called "All Tomorrows: The Future of Humanity." The visual aids for the various forms that humanity evolves into is also really cool! There's a minor smattering of bad language and biological concepts such as reproduction, but I personally feel that it was tastefully done.

Nick Gisburne is also someone on youtube who does readings of various literature, and even recites his own poetry. I highly recommend his videos, though the literature he tends to read is of a darker nature. Suits me fine. :D

There's something nice about just kicking back and listening to an audio book just to keep your mind running while you do mindless tasks (like chores). What stories do you folks enjoy listening to?
I've been listening to a lot of audio books. One of my favorites so far is Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. It is six separate but linked stories with a different voice actor for each. I thought the voice actors did a wonderful job. I also loved the authors evolution of English language on post-apocalyptic Hawaii.