• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Attention: question for all mothers

Jonathan Bailey

I once read in a Time-Life book years ago that mothers "fondle their girls more than boys so that they may develop in to more feminine persons".

Do women naturally caress their female children more than their male children?

Is this just a product of social conditioning?

Do fathers object if mothers were to coddle their sons too much?

Do mothers love female children more than male children?

Are boys unjustly deprived of motherly love because of all this macho-man nonsense?

I think we should condition our children to become more human than male or female.

Do you as mothers show affection and love differently to your sons than you do to your daughters?
Does sex of the child really matter in terms of giving motherly love?

I think most children of either sex tend to associate close love and affection with their mothers more than with their fathers. Children at a younger and tender age are more exposed to their female parents.

Mothers should love and caress their sons and daughters equally without emphasis on the child's becoming masculine or feminine but with the goal that the child develop into a good, kind, gentle, giving, unselfish, loving, non-violent and compassionate PERSON.

If mothers were to caress their sons more, this world would not be so full of savage evil men.

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I haven't any children but I have worked in a school and boys recieve just as much physical attention as girls. If they come to you for a cuddle they will be cuddled. It's pretty gender neutral. Boys weren't taught to be macho and girls weren't taught to be delicate. Each child was welcome to come as they are.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Do women naturally caress their female children more than their male children?

I have twins, a boy and a girl, and a younger daughter. I dont believe i have favoured any over the other. In fact its the other way round, my son likes more attention than both the girls who are quite independent

Do fathers object if mothers were to coddle their sons too much?

No,

Do mothers love female children more than male children?

No

Are boys unjustly deprived of motherly love because of all this macho-man nonsense?

You dont know much about motherhood do you?

Do you as mothers show affection and love differently to your sons than you do to your daughters?

I dont think so, i am there just the same for any of them

Does sex of the child really matter in terms of giving motherly love?

No, gender does not matter, a child is a child

I think most children of either sex tend to associate close love and affection with their mothers than
with their fathers. Children at a younger and tender age are more exposed to their female parents.

Thats an old idea, for many families both patents need to work and so end up spending around the same amount of time with their children

But its true that for some families the father will be out winning bread for the family,

Jonathan Bailey

I haven't any children but I have worked in a school and boys receive just as much physical attention as girls. If they come to you for a cuddle they will be cuddled. It's pretty gender neutral. Boys weren't taught to me macho and girls weren't taught to be delicate. Each child was welcome to come as they are.

This is what I like to hear. Children of either sex are human living beings with feelings.

Boys were once conditioned that grown men don't cry but Jesus wept in the bible.

Is our Lord a sissy? This kind and brave MAN died an unspeakable death on the cross to save US.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
This is what I like to hear. Children of either sex are human living beings with feelings.

Boys were once conditioned that grown men don't cry but Jesus wept in the bible.

Is our Lord a sissy? This kind and brave MAN died an unspeakable death on the cross to save US.
I'm not a Christian but I agree with the notion of your post.

Jonathan Bailey

I have twins, a boy and a girl, and a younger daughter. I dont believe i have favoured any over the other. In fact its the other way round, my son likes more attention than both the girls who are quite independent

No,

No

You dont know much about motherhood do you?

I dont think so, i am there just the same for any of them

No, gender does not matter, a child is a child

Thats an old idea, for many families both patents need to work and so end up spending around the same amount of time with their children

But its true that for some families the father will be out winning bread for the family,

I was an only child, the son. Sometimes my mother coddled me so much that I thought it was "yucky" but as I grew older I came to appreciate that my mother was trying to be loving and kindly out of good intentions. Yes, my mother was the stay-at-home while my father was working. This is what I've come to know about family life. My upbringing has this lifestyle categorized as normal. I never married and had a family of my own: confirmed lifetime bachelor here.

dianaiad

I once read in a Time-Life book years ago that mothers "fondle their girls more than boys so that they may develop in to more feminine persons".

I have five children, two boys and three girls. I hugged and cuddled them a lot when they were little, but when the boys began school, they sorta went 'ewww' when hugging Mom. The girls never did that, though they didn't get all that affectionate in public.

Odd, though...all five of 'em hug me (as I hug them) all the time, now, when they are all looking at their forties.

My second son, especially, hugs and kisses me a lot (though he's as likely to pat me on the head as kiss me...him being 6'4" and all, and me...very much not...) I think that's because he's finally had a baby of his own. Fun to see him cuddle his daughter, and almost fight with his wife over who gets to hold her, bathe her and even change her.

Dunno if that means anything. Both my sons like to hug me. They are both very tall, very 'buff,' and they drive trucks for a living.

Whatever that means in terms of society's expectations....

I honestly don't give a hoot.