• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

**Attending a Coptic Orthodox Church tomorrow**

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Greetings,

Hope to hear from people who have or do...
Or better yet ARE Coptic Orthodox Christians.

I'll report back here soon with a 'how it went'.

Living near one for 3 weeks now but have been tied up every Sunday, Wednesday and Saturday when they hold services, so am finally open and able to go.

Excited about participation and exploration up a different branch of the Christian Limb, in the Spiritual Tree of Life.

:)

SageTree

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Lucky you, I've never been to any as there are none around where I live, but I wish I could.
Do keep us (or at least, me :p) informed of how it goes. :)

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
They have only been in North America since 1960, which is why they aren't well known or prevalent.

The Church here does services in Egyptian, Arabic, Greek and English.

Sunday nights they do Bible study in Arabic, Saturdays are English.

I asked what the Liturgy was in and the man whom I emailed said,
'Father Yuseff knows what most regulars speak, but asks the new comers for preference'
And said some of the service is still read in non-English, which I can appreciate, as sometimes it's the essence or the feel of the Words that capture the meaning over the specific Ones :D

I can't take the Eucharist, like Catholic and Orthodox Worship, but I'm allowed to witness it.
What impressed me however was his reasoning. He said it was for 'spiritual protection of the soul' making sure that the participant's soul knows and understands the dogmas of the Coptic Orthodox Church and also so they aren't seen as 'stealing away' other Churches members.

I would be allow if I was a member of any Orthodox Church, Non-Chalcedon or Chalcedon.

Part of the reason I am going is so that I can understand their dogmas better, because I know there IS a different view of things, and from what I've read, they are things that I like and personally see some of my Self in.