• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Attacking Ideas: My Chaning Views of Isalm

Wandering Monk

This video addresses the tendency to excuse Islam from criticism based on uninformed views of its tenets. It also gives several examples of the dichotomy between how Islam is portrayed by its supporters and apologists versus the reality of its application to actual Muslims.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I watched this video several months ago. I think it makes some good points, but, I have a hard time believing the narratives that are given as examples / case-studies.

leov

This video addresses the tendency to excuse Islam from criticism based on uninformed views of its tenets. It also gives several examples of the dichotomy between how Islam is portrayed by its supporters and apologists versus the reality of its application to actual Muslims.

What happens with Islam is TYPICAL, it happened to other religions, Archonic elites divide people for easier control.

Terry Sampson

I was intrigued by this:
  • 38:26 But what’s abundantly clear in all this conflict
    38:29 is that the people who suffer most under Islam are Muslims.
    38:33 If we care about that suffering, we need to acknowledge the part Islam plays in it.
Rather than fixate on the existing wording in those two sentences, I replaced "Islam" with "Christianity" and "Muslims" with "Christians" and am now reflecting on the applicability of both revised sentences.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I was intrigued by this:
  • 38:26 But what’s abundantly clear in all this conflict
    38:29 is that the people who suffer most under Islam are Muslims.
    38:33 If we care about that suffering, we need to acknowledge the part Islam plays in it.
Rather than fixate on the existing wording in those two sentences, I replaced "Islam" with "Christianity" and "Muslims" with "Christians" and am now reflecting on the applicability of both revised sentences.
For comparative studies as one replaces Islam with Christianity and Muslims with Christians, similarly replace these with Buddhism and Buddhists, Hinduism and Hindus, Atheism and Atheists and so on and so forth, please.

Regards

Terry Sampson

For comparative studies as one replaces Islam with Christianity and Muslims with Christians, similarly replace these with Buddhism and Buddhists, Hinduism and Hindus, Atheism and Atheists and so on and so forth, please.

Regards

I'm ahead of you. I did already; I just didn't do it here in RF.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:

Regards
I'm ahead of you. I did already; I just didn't do it here in RF.
But one didn't share the outcome. Welcome to do it, please?

Regards

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
paarsurrey said:

Regards

But one didn't share the outcome. Welcome to do it, please?

Regards

I'm interested to see how you can add atheism into this?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

Thank you for sharing the video. I don't usually watch entire videos of this length on RF but I found the this one informative and well presented.