• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AT's Screenshots

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I have a thread in Journals section called "My project <3" where people can talk to me about the gameplay and everything else about the video game I'm making, all of the what-ifs, you can even talk to me there about the social aspects like time allocation and let it go a little off-topic as we discuss it. But I am dedicating this particular thread to simply dumping a screenshot a day outlining my progress on the video game I'm making and how the art and gameplay have changed. In this thread, it's to simply comment on what you see in the screenshots or critique them (or whatever).

My game on Day 1:

game.png

My game today on Day 2:

myart.png

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Idk what the gameplay is like at all but the pixel art has some charm.

Thank you very much. I was worried it didn't. It's going to be an Action RPG, I've said before that it will be like Lord of the Rings, but now that I'm putting things together, I realize it might be more accurate to give it the description "Zelda A Link to the Past style game with a greater focus on RPG aspects".

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
You should feel pretty proud that you got this far. Most non-professionals abandon game-development projects fairly early on.
My advice: once you've got your inspiration, turn that into motivation as soon as possible and start smashing it out.
Inspiration is temporary and not worth a ton if you aren't actively developing.

If you ever get to the point of throwing it up on github or some distribution platform I would enjoy seeing how it plays.

In case I wasn't clear, I did want to express, however, that the game isn't finished. This is day 2 of starting this new game and each day I will post screenshots of the development cycle and the art will only get better. However, I don't want to toot my own horn, but I'm a fairly seasoned, though not well-known as I like to keep to myself, game developer, who has experience. So so long as I do commit to this project, I don't think I'll see too many hurdles. Ultimately, I'd like the art to improve just a bit more and hit a level of Playstation 1 graphics. My setback is that I'm a programmer and designer rather than an artist, so if I dont achieve a level of PS1 art by hand, I'll have to delay the project an extra 10 days over the 40-45 days I planned to work on it, spending that extra time writing 2D game shaders. From my experience, 2D shaders don't necessarily make average art incredible, but they really do add that extra you need to make the art look 20-30% better.

I do hope I don't come off as arrogant explaining the positives and negatives of me as a designer.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Day 14:

thisheregame.png

May have the contrast set too high, but oh well, easy to change. It really pops out on my phone with the AMOLED screen, the colors do, but it doesn't on my laptop.