• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists: What would be evidence of God’s existence?

Ella S.

*temp banned*
It is not fantasy that we all must die.
It is not difficult to believe that we will find ourselves aware once more .. as we can't rule out the possibility.
We then rely on the testimonies of people, in order to evaluate the likelihood of each claim.

Clearly, 50% of the world believe in Christianity and Islam.
We know that many people amongst those have little knowledge of their faith, but many do .. and they continue to dominate people's imagination and beliefs.

I don't mean "fantastical" in a disparaging sense. I knew after I posted this that someone was going to misconstrue it that way.

I was specifically thinking of the "fantasy genre" when I used the word "fantastical." There are a lot of fantasy works that include the existence of God, and in those fictional universes there is plenty of what I would consider evidence for God if God actually existed. That's because these universes are written with the idea that God exists in mind, which makes them a great reference for speculation on what that could look like.

Three great examples of God existing in a way that leaves a clear evidence trail behind him in fiction include "The Salvation War" by Stuart Slade and the popular TV series "Supernatural" and "Lucifer." They are also all examples of fantasy.

But of course an omnimax, transcendent, and supernatural being could fit a neutral understanding of "fantastical" such as this definition by Cambridge: "strange and wonderful, like something out of a story"