• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists Physicists Discover God. Turn To Science Of The Gaps.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
God was the sweetest childhood dream I had but than I read the Catholic bible, oh boy a manual for life, and it turned out to be psychobabble, with insane ramblings and incoherent rants about damnation eternal. it left me questioning everything alive.

here I am a new creature and I had to sweat that out.

God died for me that night, but I never got over intelligent design convictions.

The evidence war will rage on for as long as humanity exists. but no one knows til that fateful moment of death. and that will never change no matter how many certainties about reality we manage to dig up.

we all have to reckon ceasing to exist. and some of us wonder like I, isn't there something more?

this reality is one heck of a veil though if there is an after world.

so I myself am stuck in the middle, cease to be, or ever onward. both equally possible.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Hawking and his explanation of where we are today with black holes and BBT. It matches what I said about GR vs quantum physics and the search for the Theory of Everything.

From ABHOT:
"Today scientists describe the universe in terms of two basic partial theories – the general theory of relativity
and quantum mechanics. They are the great intellectual achievements of the first half of this century. The
general theory of relativity describes the force of gravity and the large-scale structure of the universe, that is,
the structure on scales from only a few miles to as large as a million million million million (1 with twenty-four
zeros after it) miles, the size of the observable universe. Quantum mechanics, on the other hand, deals with
phenomena on extremely small scales, such as a millionth of a millionth of an inch. Unfortunately, however,
these two theories are known to be inconsistent with each other – they cannot both be correct. One of the
major endeavors in physics today, and the major theme of this book, is the search for a new theory that will
incorporate them both – a quantum theory of gravity. We do not yet have such a theory, and we may still be a
long way from having one, but we do already know many of the properties that it must have. And we shall see,
in later chapters, that we already know a fair amount about the predictions a quantum theory of gravity must make."

Look at the publication date for ABHOT. We have learned a bit since it came out.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Your statements are theory because it's based on the BBT. We do not know that the universe is billions of years across except in theory.

Creation scientists believe in the Gravitation Time Dilation Effect and stellar redshifts in a universe that is expanding. This causes the early universe to be denser and thus magnify the GTDE such that time becomes much slower. The Starlight and Time Theory explains this well.

Links?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
The age of the universe and earth are the same.

Obviously not. The scientists you mentioned would laugh at that notion. Anyone with something not bigger than a seed of scientific literacy would do the same.

So, you seem you filter what they say. If they sort of confirm your Book, they are right, if they don't (with an error of several orders of magnitude), they are wrong.

Is that correct?

I don't know you, by if I had 1 mil. Dollars in the bank but my banker believes I have only one dollar, i would not take seriously anything else he says.

Ciao

- viole

james bond

We know for a fact the universe is billions of years old. We have the math to back it up.

It started with the Big Bang didn't it? We're still discussing whether it could have happened. I think your calculations are based on the BBT happened.

That said, if you still want to explain, please do so. We can all learn how it's done.

james bond

Obviously not. The scientists you mentioned would laugh at that notion. Anyone with something not bigger than a seed of scientific literacy would do the same.

So, you seem you filter what they say. If they sort of confirm your Book, they are right, if they don't (with an error of several orders of magnitude), they are wrong.

Is that correct?

I don't know you, by if I had 1 mil. Dollars in the bank but my banker believes I have only one dollar, i would not take seriously anything else he says.

Ciao

- viole

Well, we discussed Olbers' Paradox.

We discussed the beginning. Do you think it was when space, time and matter started like creation? Or do you go with Hawking and that energy caused matter? Or that special matter caused matter? How did this energy special come to be or was it always there? Do you think it started in a very,very, very, very tiny single point?

Moreover, we found that a black hole was caused by a dying star that collapses and depending on its size it becomes a singularity or a black hole. So, what caused the first black hole?

>>I don't know you, by if I had 1 mil. Dollars in the bank but my banker believes I have only one dollar, i would not take seriously anything else he says.<<

Where is million dollars in the above argument?

As for if they confirm if my Bible is right or not, I have to go by the days of Genesis and what happened in detail each day. I have some general ideas as I have mentioned, but I do not think there is an overall general theory that science has explained. What we have is still the creation scientists leaning towards GR and not primoridal black holes.

EDIT: Here's what I got from one of creation.com's creation scientists. I got it for free a few days ago. Didn't have to pay even $1. We can go over if you like.

Genesis Verse by Verse - creation.com

2nd EDIT: Here is the table of contents of Hawking's ABHOT:

Chapter 1
- Our Picture of the Universe
Chapter 2
- Space and Time
Chapter 3
- The Expanding Universe
Chapter 4
- The Uncertainty Principle
Chapter 5
- Elementary Particles and the Forces of Nature
Chapter 6
- Black Holes
Chapter 7
- Black Holes Ain't So Black
Chapter 8
- The Origin and Fate of the Universe
Chapter 9
- The Arrow of Time
Chapter 10
- Wormholes and Time Travel
Chapter 11
- The Unification of Physics
Chapter 12
- Conclusion
Glossary
Acknowledgments & About The Author

We can go over any chapter or topic if you like.

Last edited:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

Wow. That 'white hole cosmology' is so full of garbage I don't even know where to start. Clearly, it was done by someone who has *no* understanding of physics whatsoever.

Just one howler: being inside a black hole and heating enough to start fusion.

Does anyone really take this seriously? It is fully delusional.

james bond

Wow. That 'white hole cosmology' is so full of garbage I don't even know where to start. Clearly, it was done by someone who has *no* understanding of physics whatsoever.

Just one howler: being inside a black hole and heating enough to start fusion.

Does anyone really take this seriously? It is fully delusional.

Your comments aren't very scientific and are very judgmental of Dr. Humphreys. He's not backing the guy who believes in multiverses and building a time machine. Talk about a nut jobber.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Your comments aren't very scientific and are very judgmental of Dr. Humphreys. He's not backing the guy who believes in multiverses and building a time machine. Talk about a nut jobber.

Yes, I consider Humphreys to be a kook. Your lack of understanding of Hawking doesn't say much against him.

james bond

Yes, I consider Humphreys to be a kook. Your lack of understanding of Hawking doesn't say much against him.

Yet, your lack of understanding of God means your spiritually perfect body gets destroyed like that of the core of a death star. I already demonstrated the evidence that "all that there is and all that there will be" is inside your brain/mind.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Yet, your lack of understanding of God means your spiritually perfect body gets destroyed like that of the core of a death star. I already demonstrated the evidence that "all that there is and all that there will be" is inside your brain/mind.

I have no idea what you are even attempting to say here. We were talking about a specific proposal for cosmology and its merits.

What Humphreys says shows a *complete* lack of understanding of even the basics of what he is writing about. The quote I gave above is only one of a host of whoppers.

I'll give one trivial thing that Humphreys completely ignores but has given us an incredible amount of information about the universe: the cosmic background radiation.

How does the 'white hole' theory predict the existence of this radiation? How does it predict an almost perfect Planck black body radiation? How does it account for the (incredibly small) variations of that background radiation from the black body radiation? How does it account for the specific power spectrum of those variations?

Instead, what is proposed is a completely ad hoc model with no actual physical basis and no comparison to actual data. it fails in so many ways it is difficult to know where to start. Better to reject the whole mess and start over. Or, better, to use a description that *does* account for the current best evidence: the lambda-CDM model.

james bond

I have no idea what you are even attempting to say here. We were talking about a specific proposal for cosmology and its merits.

What Humphreys says shows a *complete* lack of understanding of even the basics of what he is writing about. The quote I gave above is only one of a host of whoppers.

I'll give one trivial thing that Humphreys completely ignores but has given us an incredible amount of information about the universe: the cosmic background radiation.

How does the 'white hole' theory predict the existence of this radiation? How does it predict an almost perfect Planck black body radiation? How does it account for the (incredibly small) variations of that background radiation from the black body radiation? How does it account for the specific power spectrum of those variations?

Instead, what is proposed is a completely ad hoc model with no actual physical basis and no comparison to actual data. it fails in so many ways it is difficult to know where to start. Better to reject the whole mess and start over. Or, better, to use a description that *does* account for the current best evidence: the lambda-CDM model.

I am saying you accuse me of not understanding Hawking when I do. It's you who do not understand neither black hole nor white hole cosmologies. I showed that when I explained black hole cosmology, that it still has not been peer-reviewed. Yet, you mistakenly believed all of it is real. The same with the BBT. All of what we are talking about is theoretical. That is why I say cosmology is philosophy despite all the math and scientific jargon being bandied about. I can show that you are a THEORETICAL HYPOCRITE, LIAR AND DECEIVER in front of all the posters here. If you do not believe in white hole cosmology and believe in black hole cosmology, then how do you explain this from Mr. Hawking's theory?

th

Hawking's wormhole has a black hole on one side. What the heck do you think is on the other side? Chopped liver? It's a white hole :D.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Creationwiki??? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ho ha he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ho ha he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ho ha he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ho ha he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ho ha he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ho ha he he ha you get your cosmological, astronomical and scientific data from creationwiki ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ho ha he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ho ha he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ho ha he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ho ha he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ho ha he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha oh please stop it

james bond

Creationwiki??? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ho ha he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ho ha he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ho ha he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ho ha he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ho ha he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ho ha he he ha you get your cosmological, astronomical and scientific data from creationwiki ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ho ha he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ho ha he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ho ha he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ho ha he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha ho ha he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ha ha ha oh please stop it

ChristineM, creationwiki is a valid website for creation science.

Iif it's laughter that you want, then I would laugh at Wikipedia. What a pathetic website that is. It's no wonder that mentally ill liberals and atheists who trust that website go bonkers when they are faced with the truth.

Also, the one who laughs last, laughs best. Thus, if I'm right that the material world is an illusion of the mind/brain, then it means the statement, "this is all that there is and all that there will be" is wrong. Atheists are usually wrong. Thus, theoretically, the existence of God, the Bible and afterlife is valid.

If the atheists hear the following in their moment of darkness, it would be james bond.

ChristineM

Premium Member
ChristineM, creationwiki is a valid website for creation science.

Iif it's laughter that you want, then I would laugh at Wikipedia. What a pathetic website that is. It's no wonder that mentally ill liberals and atheists who trust that website go bonkers when they are faced with the truth.

Also, the one who laughs last, laughs best. Thus, if I'm right that the material world is an illusion of the mind/brain, then it means the statement, "this is all that there is and all that there will be" is wrong. Atheists are usually wrong. Thus, theoretically, the existence of God, the Bible and afterlife is valid.

If you hear that in your moment of darkness, it would be james bond.

But creation science is not valid, but rather un peer reviewed stories written to fit in to minds already set.

And i do not consider Wikipedia a valid source either, its biggest problem is that it can be anonymously edited. However it does at least provide references that can be checked

Your final waffle is pretty much irrelevant so ignored

james bond

But creation science is not valid, but rather un peer reviewed stories written to fit in to minds already set.

And i do not consider Wikipedia a valid source either, its biggest problem is that it can be anonymously edited. However it does at least provide references that can be checked

Your final waffle is pretty much irrelevant so ignored

Creation science is peer-reviewed by other creation scientists. I think eventually the science world will see that it can be peer-reviewed when it realizes it is not based on the supernatural, but on dualism and unseen forces. The theory of a bounded universe has been peer-reviewed. Slowly, they're coming up with a creation theory of Genesis and baraminology to explain biology of plants and animals.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Creation science is peer-reviewed by other creation scientists. I think eventually the science world will see that it can be peer-reviewed when it realizes it is not based on the supernatural, but on dualism and unseen forces. The theory of a bounded universe has been peer-reviewed. Slowly, they're coming up with a creation theory of Genesis and baraminology to explain biology of plants and animals.

Ahh right so its peer reviewed by creationist who all want the same thing. That's not peer review, that's back slapping.