• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists: From what religion did you come?

Draka

Wonder Woman
For the atheists out there on RF... I'm assuming most of you were raised in or once belonged to some religion that you then became disillusioned with and became atheist.

What religion was it for you and why (if not too much to get into) did you go from that to atheist?

I ask because I seem to find that most professed atheists seem to come from a Christian background and it is almost saddening for me to think that a religion that is suppose to promote love and belief so turns away people from the concept of any "god" that they would rather go to believing in nothing than consider any other faith.

Please share, I am really curious about what has so disillusioned some people that were once believers into not believing in any "god" concept.