• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists Don't Exist.

CogentPhilosopher

Philosophy Student
How does it not make it right? If a family is really struggling and they get a dowry for their 13 year old daughter, then why not? Physical needs comes first. After all, didn't prophet Muhammad married Aisha for political reasons?

That excuse does not work either. Muhammad was supposedly a messenger from the source of perfect morality, his society should not have been designed in a way that encourages an immoral practice like that.

Bob the Unbeliever

What I was saying it was a common practice among people. The chances are your great great great..........grandmother was around 13 when she gave birth.

So what? "common practice"....

Not all THAT long ago? It was "common practice" to own slaves.... to sell people like chattel...

... but you are telling me your god was SO INEPT that he could not see a problem with it?

Bob the Unbeliever

atheist  toast 100610-400x320.jpg
Atheists are stunned by an expected image on toast

sovietchild

How on earth can anyone respect a pedophile?

Excuse me, but … in the nineteenth century, the minimum age of consent for sexual intercourse in most American states was 10 years. In Delaware it was only 7 years, so, what are the chances your great great.....grandmother gave birth to your family line at 11 years old?

Bob the Unbeliever

Excuse me, but … in the nineteenth century, the minimum age of consent for sexual intercourse in most American states was 10 years. In Delaware it was only 7 years, so, what are the chances your great great.....grandmother gave birth to your family line at 11 years old?

So your excuse is that your god was too dimwitted to foresee cultural improvement?

Is that really how you want to play this game?

sovietchild

So your excuse is that your god was too dimwitted to foresee cultural improvement?

Is that really how you want to play this game?

It was norm just over 100 years ago to see girls being married off at very young ages. In most cultures, the marriage would have been consummated at the onset of puberty.

Important heiresses were often married between the ages of 5 and 10 and might find themselves widowed while still in their teens.

Bob the Unbeliever

It was norm just over 100 years ago to see girls being married off at very young ages. In most cultures, the marriage would have been consummated at the onset of puberty.

Important heiresses were often married between the ages of 5 and 10 and might find themselves widowed while still in their teens.

So your god is so feeble, that it could not teach superior manners nor superior behavior to it's principle followers?

It was so inept, it could not see the future, where superior morals evolved--- by mere humans?

That is quite sad-- and shows just how feeble your god's "power" actually is.

Of course-- if your god simply didn't exist at all? That would explain everything.

sovietchild

So your god is so feeble, that it could not teach superior manners nor superior behavior to it's principle followers?

It was so inept, it could not see the future, where superior morals evolved--- by mere humans?

That is quite sad-- and shows just how feeble your god's "power" actually is.

Of course-- if your god simply didn't exist at all? That would explain everything.

Why are you keep diverting? I asked you a question and you chat about something else altogether.

What are the chances that your grand grad grand...grandmother gave birth to your family line at 12 years old?

Bob the Unbeliever

Why are you keep diverting? I asked you a question and you chat about something else altogether.

What are the chances that your grand grad grand...grandmother gave birth to your family line at 12 years old?

You are the one diverting-- my grand mother isn't supposed to be the A-NUMBER-ONE-PERFECT-MESSENGER-FROM-GOD.

So her age isn't at issue, is it?

We are discussing your feeble god's UTTER FAIL, when it comes to Morality.

Us lowly humans have SUPERIOR morality to your god's.

And THAT you can take to the bank.