• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists Don't Exist.

A Vestigial Mote

Apparently, Misanthropic Humanist.
I am beginning to think this misunderstanding boils down to vocabulary. Here, learn these:

misanthrope - a hater of humankind.

humanist - a person having a strong interest in or concern for human welfare,values, and dignity.

oxymoron - a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindness” or “to make haste slowly.”

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's nice to see sovietchild here in the 'jokes' section working on his comedy reutine. Still needs a lot of polish, but don't worry kid, you'll nail it eventually.

Bob the Unbeliever

Prophet Muhammad married a woman who was 15 years old older then him. Do you know any Muslim man who is married to a woman who is 15 years older?

He also "married" a child who was young enough to be his great-grand daughter... but "graciously" waited until she was the ripe old age of 9, before ... you know.

That sure was "nice" of him-- of course, he had other wives at the time, so it as no real hardship...

Bob the Unbeliever

As the storm raged, the captain realized the ship was breaking up, and going to go down.

"Does anyone know how to pray?"

"I do!" shouts one proudly, "I'm very good at it, too!"

"Excellent. You start praying-- we are one life vest short, and everyone else has theirs on."

sovietchild

He also "married" a child who was young enough to be his great-grand daughter... but "graciously" waited until she was the ripe old age of 9, before ... you know.

That sure was "nice" of him-- of course, he had other wives at the time, so it as no real hardship...

We don't know how mature her buddy was. She could of been older then 9 and if she was 9 she could of had a buddy of a 13 year old girl. Let me remind you of something:

.. in 1396, Richard II of England was joined in marriage to young Isabel of France, who had been 7 years old when their engagement was announced the previous year in Paris. Not only was there no uproar; there was considerable happiness expressed over the assumed probability that this marriage would end the Hundred Years War then in one of its periodic states of truce between the two kingdoms. Peace was to be ensured by joining together this man and this little girl in marriage.

Bob the Unbeliever

We don't know how mature her buddy. She could of been older then 9 ...

Talk to the hand: Your own silly book says she was SIX when she was married and only NINE when she was forced to have sex with a man old enough to be her great-grandad.

That's child-rape, I don't care what excuses you dig up.

I expect superior behavior from someone who's "god's representative" --- an actual god would know better than to allow such depravity.

CogentPhilosopher

Philosophy Student
We don't know how mature her buddy was. She could of been older then 9 and if she was 9 she could of had a buddy of a 13 year old girl. Let me remind you of something:

.. in 1396, Richard II of England was joined in marriage to young Isabel of France, who had been 7 years old when their engagement was announced the previous year in Paris. Not only was there no uproar; there was considerable happiness expressed over the assumed probability that this marriage would end the Hundred Years War then in one of its periodic states of truce between the two kingdoms. Peace was to be ensured by joining together this man and this little girl in marriage.

Let me follow your logic here:

It was okay in Germany when Hitler began killing Jews, Homosexuals, Romani, and other groups. Therefore it is less wrong if I do it.

Bob the Unbeliever

So. God kills every first born child--including babies-- in Egypt, because the Pharaoh wouldn't do what god wanted.

Why didn't god simply kill Pharaoh first?

Bob the Unbeliever

Once, a christian "warned" me that I was going to hell.

"That's not very nice," I responded.

Then? I punched him in his aura, and walked away.

He just stood there with a confused look.

sovietchild

Let me follow your logic here:

It was okay in Germany when Hitler began killing Jews, Homosexuals, Romani, and other groups. Therefore it is less wrong if I do it.

What I was saying it was a common practice among people. The chances are your great great great..........grandmother was around 13 when she gave birth.

CogentPhilosopher

Philosophy Student
What I was saying it was a common practice among people. The chances are your great great great..........grandmother was around 13 when she first gave birth.

So what?

Doesn't make it right.

A normal human of course is usually the product of their time. But a person who is supposed to have a direct line to the source of all morality does not have that excuse.

sovietchild

So what?

Doesn't make it right.

A normal human of course is usually the product of their time. But a person who is supposed to have a direct line to the source of all morality does not have that excuse.

How does it not make it right? If a family is really struggling and they get a dowry for their 13 year old daughter, then why not? Physical needs comes first. After all, didn't prophet Muhammad married Aisha for political reasons?