• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheist

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I can't watch the video because I'm in a restaurant.. quick summary?

"Ideas always precede implementation, always, no exceptions.
All languages come from a mind. No exceptions.
There are no languages that do not come from a mind.
So we know that DNA was designed.
A mind designed DNA, therefore God exists.

Can this be refuted? Yes, if any exceptions to this can be found. But a lot of people have tried to refute it, unsuccessfully. It's an airtight inductive proof that life was designed by a mind. If anyone can find a flaw in the logic, it fails. Until that happens, it stands. It's just like the laws of thermodynamics, or gravity, or conservation of matter and energy. If anyone can find an exception, the law fails to hold.

This leads to what I call The Atheist's Riddle:

“Show me a language that does not come from a mind.”

It's so simple and a child can understand, but so complex no atheist can solve.
"
Perry Marshall

:facepalm:

dust1n

Zindīq

Can this be refuted? Yes, if any exceptions to this can be found. But a lot of people have tried to refute it, unsuccessfully. It's an airtight inductive proof that life was designed by a mind. If anyone can find a flaw in the logic, it fails. Until that happens, it stands. It's just like the laws of thermodynamics, or gravity, or conservation of matter and energy. If anyone can find an exception, the law fails to hold.

This leads to what I call The Atheist's Riddle:

“Show me a language that does not come from a mind.”

It's so simple and a child can understand, but so complex no atheist can solve.
"
Perry Marshall

:facepalm:

Wow, thanking you for saving me time. The mind and language observed and described DNA, it didn't design it... And even if it did, that still doesn't conclude God's existence.

I haven't heard an argument that bad since C.S. Lewis.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
DNA is not a language.

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
I want you guys to check this out and tell me what you think?
(It has nothing to do with the QURAN OR ISLAM)

Perry Marshall - Origin of the Universe

I think that Perry Marshall holds as much credibility as any YECer pseudo-scientist whose is either so desperate to have ther religion vindicated they refuse to follow the scientific method, are merely looking to cash in on the Big Business that is religion, or both.

Below is a link to a seminar conducted by Prof. Ken Miller, an actual scientist and practicing Catholic, who was key in the success of Kitzmiller vs Dover and the removal of religious doctrine from public schools in PA...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVRsWAjvQSg

Prof. Miller quite eloquently, and effectively, dismantles the foolishness that is the facade of Intelligent Design, the attempt to ducktape science onto Creationism.

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
I want you guys to check this out and tell me what you think?

Typical mumbo-jumbo... ignorant, belief-based propaganda filled with assumptions, with blatent misrepresentation of facts, by someone who is obviously desprate to bolster the crumbling foundations of their beliefs for reasons unknown. I made it to:

"DNA must be designed (by God), because if you assume something is designed, then when you don't understand it, you know there must be a good reason for it anyway."

Last edited:
i thought it as good , but what do i know am a believer & that will never change

but i will like you guys to try to prove the points he made wrong

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
i thought it as good , but what do i know am a believer & that will never change

Why? Why waste our time on nonsense? You see, it is a bit of an error to refute his silly thinking because the refutation itself dignifies and adds credibility to that thinking. It is better to let it stand, as an object lesson, on how delusional people allow themselves to be.

For example:

1. I claim that Pink Fairies love to eat peaches
2. You openly doubt me
3. I challenge you PROVE claiming that Pink Fairies love to eat peaches is wrong.

Would you think it reasonable for me to ask you to refute the claim about the cute little Pink Fairies?

It's the same deal here, in my opinion.

dust1n

Zindīq

Good. Then you should be willing to accept practically every atheist on this forum doesn't believe in God, and that probably isn't going to change.

sonofskeptish

It is what it is

I just watched (most of the) video on the link supplied by AxisMundi above. Perhaps that's a good starting point for you. (he's a catholic)

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!

I had almsot forgotten that ID, having failed in the States, was making inroads into Islam.

Prof. Miller does a bang up job of dismantling ID, pelase refer to the link I posted earlier.

MSizer

MSizer
What a tard. I'm not wasting my time on this garbage. He barely said anything that was correct, so I gave up on it after 10 minutes. His description of "eagles overtaking othe eagles" is not what the ToE claims happens. Do us a favour aymen and actually learn the ToE so you can stop wasting our time with such stupidity.

Last edited:

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist

That's a rather vague demand. This is a discussion group. Why don't you summarize the points that you found convincing? That would save us from having to guess.